Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625
Default Re: Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefan View Post
WTF?! I though Mayweather Jr said there was NO NEGOTIATIONS
That was the first negotiation. The second one, Flomos are denying that there were talks the second time around.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #32
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Devon Alexander was called by team Mayweather to be a sparring partner for Pacman

his team has been preparing floyd well for this fight with pac. also his promoters want him to sign to fight pac but they don't know that floyd has no real intentions of fighting pac since the beginning.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #33
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
That was the first negotiation. The second one, Flomos are denying that there were talks the second time around.
these same dudes that are saying that there was no negotiations the 2nd time around was also saying that there was a gag order regarding negotiations. so which is which joyboys?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #34
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
these same dudes that are saing that there was no negotiations the 2nd time around was also saying that there was a gag order regarding negotiations. so which is which joyboys?
Yeah. Weren't they saying arum is such a scum because there was a gag order yet Arum was talking about the negotiations?
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #35
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

Quote:
his team has been preparing floyd well for this fight with pac. also his promoters want him to sign to fight pac but they don't know that floyd has no real intentions of fighting pac since the beginning.
Yeah obviously Haymon, GBP and FLoyd's bf ellerbe has been negotiating and want this fight to happen but Floyd is the one not on board with the fight. He just can't say he doesn't want to fight Pac. He's hoping that somewhere down the line Pac will lose and say Why whould he fight Pacquiao when he lost to so and so. I really believe that was their intention when Pac fought Cotto. I mean Roger even said he would watch Pac's performance against Cotto and see where Pac stands against his nephew. Roger saw it and even Floyd sr. saw it first hand because he was at ring side. Right after the fight, FLoyd sr. couldn't believe that Pac toy'd with Cotto and got the chills in his spine. That's where all these steroids accusations first began. FLoyd sr. wasn't even accusing Pac of being on roids when Pac knocked out Hatton in the second round.

Then FLoyd tried to pull the " all pac has to do is call me out. Don't hide behind your promoter " bullshit. Too bad Pac doesn't play games like that. You call him out, he'll **** you up.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #36
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

I don't believe that he was sparring because the fight never took place.

Alexander/Mayweather in 3 years...brought to you by Don King
DobyZhee is online now  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #37
fytelod
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Great sparring partners for FLoyd but now he's on vacation.

Flomos are so desperate that they are still hanging on to issues from the past 6-7 months. They seem not to realize that Floyd is STILL on vacation.

Yeah, I'm really surprised that there's still people here starting threads about Floyd fighting Pacquiao. Hilarious.

I think it's only approriate to talk about Floyd fighting PAC once Floyd decides to box again and call out PAC after his vacation.
fytelod is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #38
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
You assume that Floyd was involved personally in this and it may not be the case. It could have been his team making these calls. You really can't infer Floyd's intentions from this.
Yeah we all know that FMJ isn't a control freak and obsessed with doing things his way.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #39
fytelod
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
these same dudes that are saying that there was no negotiations the 2nd time around was also saying that there was a gag order regarding negotiations. so which is which joyboys?
I can very well remember when Pactards were rejoicing when Arum and Oscar were hinting the fight is close to being made. Floydiots commented that Arum should not divulge such info since there's a gag order.
fytelod is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #40
thatguy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I love how pactards think they know what happened during the negotiations... my only beef is that mayweather should have said something all those weeks if he had no intentions of fighting again this year. he looks like the bitch a deserves it. but it cant be denied that pac ran the first time cause it was too early for him, u cant flat out refuse to take a test and ruin a fight to only months later out of no where accept the same deal u refused... 1-1 they are tied
thatguy is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #41
greatone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
damn that would seriously have been epic sparring....

but all it makes me think about is that the fight didnt happen.
Mayweather fans better be lucky the fight fell through or he would've gotten his ass kicked in sparring.
greatone is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #42
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
I love how pactards think they know what happened during the negotiations... my only beef is that mayweather should have said something all those weeks if he had no intentions of fighting again this year. he looks like the bitch a deserves it. but it cant be denied that pac ran the first time cause it was too early for him, u cant flat out refuse to take a test and ruin a fight to only months later out of no where accept the same deal u refused... 1-1 they are tied
Floyd should have asked for testing on Marquez too. Make Floyd pay for his tests...that's the simple answer.
DobyZhee is online now  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #43
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatone View Post
Mayweather fans better be lucky the fight fell through or he would've gotten his ass kicked in sparring.
LMAO put a smile on my face thinking that FLoyd wasn't actually scared of fighting pac. He was more afraid of his sparring partners in preparation for pac. I mean those guys mentioned weren't really bums compared to the sparring partner that got beat up all bloody on one of the 24/7 episodes.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #44
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

I wonder why Sergio Martinez wasn't considered. He's another southpaw who does that dart in and out shit, and he has very fast foot speed.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #45
knotty150
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I wonder why Sergio Martinez wasn't considered. He's another southpaw who does that dart in and out shit, and he has very fast foot speed.
Same thought crossed my mind. He is in my opinion, a middleweight pacquiao. Only thing is, he's too big of a threat/name to be sparring with. I'd ppv to watch them sparring alone. Alexander/Judah would have been perfect sparring partners because Floyd can beat them. I don't say that to undermine them or Floyd, but if they signed to fight Floyd right now, they'd get beat. Martinez on the other hand offers a legitimate chance of beating Mayweather, to be sparring him throughout training camp could be overwhelming and subsequently might result in a fatigued Mayweather come fight night.

I'd place it in the same category as Super 6 contestants sparring one another. Not quite the same with regards to styles, but the names are too big/intensive to be sparring with.

My opinion anyway...
knotty150 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum