Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #62
unclepaulie
Run like an antelope!
ESB Addict

vCash: 541
Default Re: Fastest Fighters Ever: Who Were They

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm
Fastest overall body movement probably Jones Jr.

Fastest hand speed is Joe Calzaghe, easily.

Theres a couple of video's floating on the net of Calzaghe, speed training. One of them is in fact titled "Faster than Roy Jones" , and the other one if of Joe throwing something like 40 punches in 3 seconds. Guys at my wing chun class can do 25-30 in 3 seconds, but 40 is ridiculous.
Yea I saw that video, JC throws 40 punches in 3 seconds, its crazy. Then after that he spars 3 heavyweights at the same time and knocks all three of them out with one punch. Then he skips rope so fast he burns a hole in the floor. Then he goes to the bathroom and shits pure diamond turds. Awesome vid.
unclepaulie is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #63
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGatsby
Yea I saw that video, JC throws 40 punches in 3 seconds, its crazy. Then after that he spars 3 heavyweights at the same time and knocks all three of them out with one punch. Then he skips rope so fast he burns a hole in the floor. Then he goes to the bathroom and shits pure diamond turds. Awesome vid.
Incidently, I cant find the video.
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #64
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

You have to study their speed before just simply saying who is the fastst..first of camcho speed was bull..he never had nothing behind it..nothing..bum....Now Roy jones was awkward but the left hook was amazing...Roy's reflexes to counter is the fastest ever, that I have seen. when fighters are scared to jab or even throw punches because of the counter that they will catch befor their hands are able to pull back to defend that is fast...Now with that said, as far as combination..just look at the olympics that leonard was in, look at his fight with mayweather sr,,,etc....duran 2...even kevin howard...you will combinations that no one has ever been able to replicate..Difference leonard pulled back (most of time) and launched his punches from angles with the entention of hurting you before he retired...one classic example of this is the kalule fight..After leonard retired he lost a lot of his speed pre the hagler fight (he simply looked fast against a much slower hagler but he was very slow in that fight for him) he lost his angles, and his punches were softer and and thrown to score not to hurt....he only tried to hurt when he sinced he had a person hurt after retirmenet..before retirment ..you simply need to see the dvds....
chimba is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #65
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
How many times does this fool have to play himself to get the point?
you real think what you type is plying me .... man go get a life

like you and you little click of poster are any thing
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #66
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
I explained how Floyd was clearly overall faster at his peak than Judah, then you responded that it was only about handspeed, and that "Zab just gots da fasta hands yo" or something ghetto like that, and I mocked you like I just did just then. And explained further what I was talking about, and you whined like a girl.

Do I honestly need to answer that? Look at the last couple pages when you've been throwing childish insults and typing with poor grammar on purpose to try and act cool. And how everyone else disses you. Just shut up.
im sorry didn't know you were a weenie and you never proved me wrong

man we'll just agree to disagrre you think floyd has faster hands fine i think ZAB does done now

Last edited by Svengali; 08-16-2006 at 06:21 AM.
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #67
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
You have to study their speed before just simply saying who is the fastst..first of camcho speed was bull..he never had nothing behind it..nothing..bum....Now Roy jones was awkward but the left hook was amazing...Roy's reflexes to counter is the fastest ever, that I have seen. when fighters are scared to jab or even throw punches because of the counter that they will catch befor their hands are able to pull back to defend that is fast...Now with that said, as far as combination..just look at the olympics that leonard was in, look at his fight with mayweather sr,,,etc....duran 2...even kevin howard...you will combinations that no one has ever been able to replicate..Difference leonard pulled back (most of time) and launched his punches from angles with the entention of hurting you before he retired...one classic example of this is the kalule fight..After leonard retired he lost a lot of his speed pre the hagler fight (he simply looked fast against a much slower hagler but he was very slow in that fight for him) he lost his angles, and his punches were softer and and thrown to score not to hurt....he only tried to hurt when he sinced he had a person hurt after retirmenet..before retirment ..you simply need to see the dvds....
good post
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #68
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
You have to study their speed before just simply saying who is the fastst..first of camcho speed was bull...
Little harsh on Camacho, eh Chimba? I mean if we play that game, we also have to say that Taylors hands weren't heavy either.

BTW, I saw your cupcakes online today. I could go for 3 or 4 of those martini editions.
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #69
drvooh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bruce Lee.....Chuck Norris.....after them, who cares
drvooh is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #70
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
I explained how Floyd was clearly overall faster at his peak than Judah, then you responded that it was only about handspeed, and that "Zab just gots da fasta hands yo" or something ghetto like that, and I mocked you like I just did just then. And explained further what I was talking about, and you whined like a girl.

Do I honestly need to answer that? Look at the last couple pages when you've been throwing childish insults and typing with poor grammar on purpose to try and act cool. And how everyone else disses you. Just shut up.
hold on b4 i let this go you calling me childish for reponding back to an insult you made first

well i gues i must of really touched a soft spot saying your mama was a street walker of mine
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #71
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

One thing is a little disconcerting on this thread, a good percentage (shane, PBF, Roy, Judah, Calzaghe) are current fighters, and some others (Taylor, Camacho, Tyson) fought recently.

Im wondering if we are short changing some of the historical fighters (in which video exists, of course).
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #72
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
You just called me a weenie.
LOL i know were done ok
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #73
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Handspeed? Meldrick Taylor
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #74
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Little harsh on Camacho, eh Chimba? I mean if we play that game, we also have to say that Taylors hands weren't heavy either.

BTW, I saw your cupcakes online today. I could go for 3 or 4 of those martini editions.
Thanks dude...I wish I can ship..I'll ship you all guys some

I was harsh on Camacho...although I appreciate him more now than ever have..I just hated this dudes style so much..

I still say Taylor was a little more explosive
chimba is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #75
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Camacho had fast hands but even as a lightweight his combinations were nothing like leonards....he tried to shoe shine like leonard..but his punches he never pulled back..

leonard if you look at when he shoe shined he was actually pulling his hands back on each shot, but he was soooo fast that rjj and camacho.simply flurried with their hands in front of them,,no power on the punches...

Now I am referring to the 76-82 ray leonard...the 87 and after ray's speed ws gone..look at how he shoe shinned against hagler..nothing on it...Now if you look at mayweather sr vs leonard,,you will see speed, look at round 9..

then look at leoanrd in the olympics..dammmmm never before has a fighter put combinations together like that....Also, anybody can get their punches off when they dont have to fear punches coming back at them...ala camacho....
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum