Embarrassing 54 25.96%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #46
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rate David Haye's performance against Nikolai Valuev

boring and nothing special.... Then again , it's hard to blame him , not everyone looks great against Valuev anyway.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #47
snakeface
The Woodside Hurricane
ESB Addict

vCash: 278

not as good as holyfields display.
snakeface is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #48
konaman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Dirrell landed less punches than Froch. He didn't badly hurt Froch. He spent the entire fight holding, running and crying about fouls.

Haye was elusive. He didn't run, but that elusive. Dirrell literally ran. Despite throwing far less punches, Haye landed more, landing at a near 70% success rate. Anyone care to name a 12 round fight, where the success rate was close to that?

Dirrell's performance was shocking. Like I said in another thread, neither he or Froch deserved to win, but Dirrell deserved to lose. Did Haye? He landed more punches, at a massive success rate, and was barely hit? He deserved to win, even though his output was very small.

And, of course, you have to take Haye's broken hand into consideration. That was the reason for his lack of punch output.
Haye's output was always going to be very restricted, regardless of the hand, you can see that as soon as the fight starts, though the hand certainly didn't help. In terms of effective punching Haye edged it, he was clearly the much better man, but unfortunately with his limited output left a question mark over a lot of rounds.

He was obviously tentative about his output over 12 rounds, and opening up to wearing punches from the much bigger man, in hindsight he underrated his ability to outdo Valuev in the exchanges and genuinely hurt him.

I won't go into the Dirrell - Froch saga too much as i've argued that one endlessly in the past, suffice to say i went into the fight talking a big game for Froch and came out of it seeing no way of scoring it for Froch, despite Dirrell's embarrassing antics, Dirrell clearly won on effective punching, the only way it could be scored for Froch is by penalising Dirrell for running hugely. I see Dirrell winning more convincingly if they ever meet again, he sold himself short with his stupid game plan in their fight.
konaman is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #49
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've gone with boring.
An argument can be made that he had broke his hand and there for only really had one hand to fight with so had to rely on pot shotting and picking his shots carefully as not to be sucked into Valuevs big hairy sweaty chest and being leant on.

Anyone who scored that fight to Valuev needs to have a quiet word with themselves.... you can't score a fight to a guy because he punched more thin air than the other guy!!!
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #50
Who'sNext
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 381

more boring than embarrasing...
Who'sNext is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #51
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Dirrell landed less punches than Froch. He didn't badly hurt Froch. He spent the entire fight holding, running and crying about fouls.
Listen Jack. Just stop embarrassing yourself. The polls speak for themselves. 60% consider Hayes performance either boring or straight up embarrassing. Most consider Evander ****ing Holyfield to have done a better job LOL!

Froch landed more punches the Dirrell. Please jack just stop. YOu're making a fool out of yourself again.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #52
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Holyfield more convincing? Not what Jack was saying.
watch the holyfield vs valuev fight with no sound.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #53
bigdan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

dull fight with a few good shots coming from haye, dont think i would watch it again...
bigdan is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #54
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

One of the worst and most painfully boring fights in living memory. If you were trying to persuade someone to like boxing, you'd have been embaressed
oli is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #55
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Basically it was a bore draw....because nobody threw anything and both were boring as ****
oli is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #56
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I've never bothered to see this fight. What I got from fellow ESBers was that the fight was mind numblingly boring.

However another poster on this site as basically made it sound like Ali vs Cleveland Williams in domination and performance.

How did you see it?

he clearly won but used a saftey first approach... like FMJ in some of his fights. Ran for most of the time, in & out with a pot shot and that was it. Even tho Haye was MUCH faster then Valuev, Valuev did have his moments and won rounds, and it was FAR from a dominating performance by Haye. Wobbled Valuev with a hayemaker by the end, but couldn't finish him...
FROST is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #57
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I've never bothered to see this fight. What I got from fellow ESBers was that the fight was mind numblingly boring.

However another poster on this site as basically made it sound like Ali vs Cleveland Williams in domination and performance.

How did you see it?
I thought Haye's performance was pitiful... and I'm a bit of a Haye supporter.

Haye approached that fight as if he was facing a 7ft, 300lbs version of a prime George Foreman.

He was over-cautious to the point of absurdity, tip-toeing around putting every effort into minimizing the amount of engagement between them, and basically behaving with all the trepidation of a bomb disposal expert tackling a live nuke in a busy train station.

In the last round, Haye finally opened up in an attempt to win the judges' favour after doing absolutely **** all constructive for 11 rounds, and lo and behold! It was patently obvious to Haye what had been obvious to everyone who had ever seen Valuev fight before - he is ****ing garbage at boxing and was there for the taking.

But it was too late by then. Haye's pathetic tactics had not left him enough time to actually slay the beast and create a sensation with a great performance. All he could do was wait and sweat and cross his fingers and hope that the cards went his way when he had ran for 11 rounds and fought for 1.

Luckily for him, Valuev had somehow managed to be even more woeful than him and he got away with it. But he was very fortunate. One of the most dismal, depressing and thoroughly awful heavyweight boxing performances I've ever seen.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #58
loughlan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Haye was elusive. He didn't run, but that elusive. Dirrell literally ran. Despite throwing far less punches, Haye landed more, landing at a near 70% success rate. Anyone care to name a 12 round fight, where the success rate was close to that?

Dirrell's performance was shocking. Like I said in another thread, neither he or Froch deserved to win, but Dirrell deserved to lose. Did Haye? He landed more punches, at a massive success rate, and was barely hit? He deserved to win, even though his output was very small.

And, of course, you have to take Haye's broken hand into consideration. That was the reason for his lack of punch output.

I stopped reading here, you really are one of the most biased posters on
loughlan is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #59
loughlan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Listen Jack. Just stop embarrassing yourself. The polls speak for themselves. 60% consider Hayes performance either boring or straight up embarrassing. Most consider Evander ****ing Holyfield to have done a better job LOL!

Froch landed more punches the Dirrell. Please jack just stop. YOu're making a fool out of yourself again.
loughlan is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #60
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybans View Post
Round 12 was good because it's the first time I've ever seen Valuev in trouble; Haye rocked him pretty badly he almost went down. Apart from that the fight was boring & Valuev hardly laid a glove on Haye; I think Haye deserved the win.
I agree with this, I voted boring too. But Valuev has been rocked before, by Bergeron and to a lesser degree (slightly buzzed) by Larry Donald.

Larry Donald and Holyfield did just as good (not better & not any worse) against Valuev as Haye did, so they should also both have gotten the win in their respective fights...

Ruiz deserved the nod in at least one of his fights with Valuev.
FROST is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum