Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-26-2007, 05:37 AM   #1
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Gomez set to continue fighting

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How would everyone see the following, providing Mike fights a couple of 6 rounder warm ups first...

Gomez v Fehintola
Gomez v Burns
Gomez v Cocoran
Gomez v Johanneson 2
Gomez V Kev Mitchell
The Lads is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Gomez set to continue fighting

Hes shot, any fighter with a brain could beat him now, just watch out in the first 3-4 rounds, cover up well and try keep at range while he bobs and weaves. Dont try mix it up until he slows down...

Its unfortunate because hes a character and a like him or hate him type lad, i liked him
Healy is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Gomez did great, he just didn't win. He should notch up some wins and get the Arthur rematch.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Gomez did great, he just didn't win. He should notch up some wins and get the Arthur rematch.
If you call taking a systematic beating GREAT then i would hate to see him do bad. He is well and truly done mate.
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
Just a Fan

I agree with the post above Gomez as much fun as he can be to watch has been finished since the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] fight with 3 losses in his last 5 fights. Anyhow thanks for the memories Micheal you have always had tremendous heart and a great punch, makes for one hell of an exciting fighter!
Just a Fan is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Nah. I gots to disagree.

Gomez may not be 100% what he once was but I saw a man who was clearly stronger than Johanasson - not an easy task. I saw a man who was in a hard ruck but eventually caved.

A loss doesn't mean you are shot. Both fighters often appeared one punch away from the ko. Carl stayed more focus on his defence and it paid off.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Nah. I gots to disagree.

Gomez may not be 100% what he once was but I saw a man who was clearly stronger than Johanasson - not an easy task. I saw a man who was in a hard ruck but eventually caved.

A loss doesn't mean you are shot. Both fighters often appeared one punch away from the ko. Carl stayed more focus on his defence and it paid off.
To be completely blunt you are being a dickhead, you either love gomez and wish he was what he was 6 years ago or you no **** all about boxing and what constitutes a shot fighter, which gomez deffo is. Wake up
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
dwilson

vCash:

If Gomez still has the enthusiasm and drive to make weight and train properly then he is stil a match for most guys domestically.

The Johanesson fight came too early for him but was taken on because it was presumed Carl was finished, obviously he was'nt.

The Johanesson fight was great while it lasted but the result was never in doubt. If Gomez can get it back together I can see him gettin another crack at a title.

The main problem is that the Arthur win was a blip and he is so out of that boys league, Johanesson and Mitchell are a step above as well so who does he look at tackling after that?

Pick som names out apart from light punching Femitohla who needs to improve and have more fights before being allowed near the top level brits again and Ricky Burns who I have never beleived to be top class capable.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #9
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie007
To be completely blunt you are being a dickhead, you either love gomez and wish he was what he was 6 years ago or you no **** all about boxing and what constitutes a shot fighter, which gomez deffo is. Wake up
LOL.

You're the second person to switch on me in the past week.

Gomez was irrefutably the stronger fighter, fighting a very active fight and having good moments. If he can still give a British champ that sort of trouble then he has worth.

You must have missed Carls nose being 30 times bigger than usual.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum