Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine - Just the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker
You can't be talking about Mundine.......Last I looked........he was beige.
oh dear.
westside is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #17
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick
W 29 (22 ko's) | L 3 | D 0 | Total 32
BELT: WBA Super Middleweight Title (2 X)
Current World Ranking - 3 - (BOXREC)
Professional Career Start: 2000 - 07 -03

Previous Opposition:
Sam Solimon x 2
Danny Green
Mikkel Kessler
Manny Siaca
Antwun Echols
Sven Otke

MUNDINE V NIEVAS
UD: 120/108, 119/108, 119/107

Just look at the facts. Nievas was rated top 15 - ok 15 - for the division. Mundine has previously stated that he will fight up to top 15. Nievas was on the end of the range, but had I been a fighter I would do the same on my first defence (especially after losing the belt on 1st defense first time round)

Nievas hails from Argentina. These people live, fight & $uck with passion. If you reckon Nievas is a bum - then you dont understand the sport - switch over to golf.

Admittedly not an overwhelming result (e.g. no KO) for Mundine. Overwhelming result if you look at it on paper though. I dont think it was by design, but I think the result makes a possible future appointment with JC or Kessler more of a chance. Mundine held back on the combo's that we saw he can throw with Solomon, but introduced an accurate & effective jab. I think the torn bicep did hold him back - who knows how much.

Based on this result, I think Kessler could be tempted into a rematch. If he looks at the tape on this fight. He would assume an unchanged fighter from their last encounter. I think this can only play into Mundine's favor. I'm not saying he'll take Kessler though -but I think Kessler would listen if the money is right.
Another Mundine nuthugger.
Man these are prob the same 3 or 4 guys comin back under different aliases.
Nievas top 15.
Top 50, MAYBE.
Like i said many times, i would have rather Mundine taken on Nader Hamdan or someone similar of Aussie origin.
At least then the Aussie fringe contender gets a paycheck instead of a bum from Argentina.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #18
Achilles
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
.... but had I been a fighter I would do the same on my first defence (especially after losing the belt on 1st defense first time round)
Maybe you are a fighter who has taken one too many punches because you're certainly no boxing fan. If you were you'd know that Mundine won his first title defence after he won his first supposed world title against Echols!

He beat up the highly rated Japanese dishwasher, better known as Dishy Nishy. You know, the guy who gave Mundine practise at being knocked down in preparation for Siaca doing it to him as well! What was his ranking? Top 150??
Achilles is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #19
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Maybe you are a fighter who has taken one too many punches because you're certainly no boxing fan. If you were you'd know that Mundine won his first title defence after he won his first supposed world title against Echols!

He beat up the highly rated Japanese dishwasher, better known as Dishy Nishy. You know, the guy who gave Mundine practise at being knocked down in preparation for Siaca doing it to him as well! What was his ranking? Top 150??
OUCH!
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
Achilles
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker
OUCH!
Achilles is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #21
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Another Mundine nuthugger.
Man these are prob the same 3 or 4 guys comin back under different aliases.
Nievas top 15.
Top 50, MAYBE.
Like i said many times, i would have rather Mundine taken on Nader Hamdan or someone similar of Aussie origin.
At least then the Aussie fringe contender gets a paycheck instead of a bum from Argentina.
GREAT POST.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #22
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Mate - the most gullable are those that have to bullshit themselves in order to feel good inside.

It is easy to take a cheap shot on an unkown - fact is neither you, nor anyone else knows $hit about Nievas except for the fight - and even though you saw what he brings to a fight - you will not acknowledge him because...

So let me turn the argument around... Argue that Mundine does not deserve his #3 ranking. Argue that point effectively & convincly then I will concede on Nievas. He has just gone 12 rounds with an excellent boxer & has come out standing with pride & deserved the respect of his opponent for sure.

The facts will $uck you every time, or you will knock yourself out. For a 2000 poster I expected more - lightweight.

I do know about Neivas. I can analyse his record. He has never been past 6 rounds. He has never fought a ranked fighter. He drew with Acosta, the bum that Mundine stopped in 4 rounds. He has been dropped before and he has been knocked out before by much lessor fighters. HOW ABOUT THOSE FACTS

Why turn the arguement around? That doesn't even make sense, or any point what so ever. I believe that Mundine deserves his number 3 ranking. Where did I ever say that he didn't

" The facts will **** you every time or you will knock yourself out"

Very profound. A bit too cryptic for my liking though, since that DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING

Do you find it funny that Neivas is unranked in all the other Major sanctioning bodies rankings?

How are those facts for you. Maybe next time you should try using your own brain when making decisions instead of just believing what someone tells you as gospel.

It woudl save me a lot of time, and save yourself a lot of embarrassment

Seriously we need to bring in an IQ test for newbies please

Last edited by MSTR; 06-28-2007 at 01:01 PM.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #23
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside
i just wanna know what you baggers knew about Nievas before the mundine fight? you talk is if you saw all of his prior fights, and know the type of opposition he fought to get that record BEFORE the choc fight was announced.
Some of you who are accusing others not knowing what they're talking about, should stop calling the kettle black!
Let me break it down as much as possible because I know you are very slow.

We do know the type of opposition he fought before the Mundine fight. IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Its called boxrec. GOOSE...
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #24
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Well done slapstick. You have managed to prove yourself to be a total moron in the space of one thread. Most couldn't dream of what you have achieved. You are part of an Elite club on ESB now.

Can you please do me a favour and give yourself an uppercut

I would love to help but unfortunately there is only so much I can do over the internet. Thankyou
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #25
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Let me break it down as much as possible because I know you are very slow.

We do know the type of opposition he fought before the Mundine fight. IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Its called boxrec. GOOSE...
There is alot of Ozish type behaviour coming into this place lately

Oz you definitely shouldnt be ringing up radio stations spreading your agenda
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #26
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

And here you go mate... the final nail in the coffin

You believe that Kessler will be tempted to fight Mundine because he went 12 round with a bum from Argentina

Yeah right. Because that really did a lot to enhance Mundines reputation in the boxing world

I bet Kessler and Calzaghe really took notice of such a great victory. Surely it will be remembered as a great day for boxing.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #27
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
And here you go mate... the final nail in the coffin

You believe that Kessler will be tempted to fight Mundine because he went 12 round with a bum from Argentina

Yeah right. Because that really did a lot to enhance Mundines reputation in the boxing world

I bet Kessler and Calzaghe really took notice of such a great victory. Surely it will be remembered as a great day for boxing.
You're an idiot. The point he was making that because Mundine didn't look too good, other fighters including Kessler and Calzaghe would be more tempted to fight him. A bit like how some fighters only get a title shot only after they lose.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #28
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
You're an idiot. The point he was making that because Mundine didn't look too good, other fighters including Kessler and Calzaghe would be more tempted to fight him. A bit like how some fighters only get a title shot only after they lose.
Do you or anybody else really think that Calzaghe, Kessler or the people behind them are so stupid that they only judge Mundine by one fight?
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #29
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Your an idiot. These guys are talking about fighting each other.... the best SMW's in the world. And you think they are going to be scared of fighting Mundine unless he doesn't fight up to scratch. These guys couldn't give a rats arse how he looks against this bum.

His best way of getting them in the ring apart from a mandatory situation is to beat good fighters and prove himself to be a true contender. That way the general public will demand the fight.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
Do you or anybody else really think that Calzaghe, Kessler or the people behind them are so stupid that they only judge Mundine by one fight?
Or that Kessler is scared of Mundine and will only fight him if he puts up a poor performance

Kessler wouldn't give a shit. Kessler so far has cared about his legacy. The best way for Mundine to get him in the ring is to beat credible opponents.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum