Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
lbarrow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Juan Diaz vs Manny Pacqiaou

What does everyone think of this fight because I cant see Manny being big enough to beat Diaz. He would go up to Light weight and beat the likes of Yuri Romanov and maybe the level just above but cant see him beating someone as good as Juan. When Morales fought Pacman the first time he was naturaly the slightly bigger and he fought a superb fight in which he won and Morales isn't even a real lightweight. In a real great fight I see Diaz beating the amazing but smaller Pacman. your views?
lbarrow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Re: Juan Diaz vs Manny Pacqiaou

Definately agree. Pac is not strong enough too handle Juan. I dont think anyone at lightweight can handle Juan. He might have to go up in weight to lose. A sturdy chin and a relentless attack. almost impossible to beat.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarrow
views?
Ahhh yes its Pacquiao not Pacqiaou.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1557

diaz ud pac
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #5
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Pac can do it. Punches in bunches hurt. He might not have the one punch power at lightweight as some do but neither does J.Diaz, I think Pac will surprise many people when he moves up, i mean when you think about it, hes been fighting better fighters at the lower weight classes, so if his resume means anything to anyone anymore then you should look at his track record and acknowledge that hes a great fighter and great fighters can do great things, like move up from 130 to 135.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
I think Pac can do it. Punches in bunches hurt. He might not have the one punch power at lightweight as some do but neither does J.Diaz, I think Pac will surprise many people when he moves up, i mean when you think about it, hes been fighting better fighters at the lower weight classes, so if his resume means anything to anyone anymore then you should look at his track record and acknowledge that hes a great fighter and great fighters can do great things, like move up from 130 to 135.
good pointFive pounds isnt gonna make much diffrence.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #7
hellblazer
All-Time Great™
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

it's 50/50. but I'm leaning to my boy Manny Pacquiao, i believe he has the tools to beat Juan Diaz. Pac has already fought in the ring 144lbs in weight, as we all know his speed is still there. With a perfect gameplan/strategy to counter Juan Diaz's game, I believe Pac can beat Diaz by UD or K.O.

this is just my opinion, you can either agree & disagree (without any violent reactions or insults lol)
hellblazer is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

Pac by KO
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Im begining to think 135 should be good for pac because the older you get the more weight you gain maybe 130 is just draining him.

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?
knockout is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #10
hellblazer
All-Time Great™
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout
Im begining to think 135 should be good for pac because the older you get the more weight you gain maybe 130 is just draining him.

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?
i think so, just look at the ATGs...they all moved up in weight as they get older. Even the current P4P Mayweather moved up in weight because he wants win more belts, big fights.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #11
brick city
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Pac is just too small with limited boxing skills.
brick city is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #12
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer
i think so, just look at the ATGs...they all moved up in weight as they get older. Even the current P4P Mayweather moved up in weight because he wants win more belts, big fights.
Well it makes cents the human body ages and gains weight more easier if you keep your weight low its not healthy i mean look what happened to Morales on the 3rd fight with manny he wanted to fight at 135 but he wasnt allowed to and you see the results.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #13
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105

Pac is faster, more explosive, better footspeed, more power. They have equal stamina an Diaz has a better chin. I think Pac's reach, speed and power wil be the telling factor. Juan Diaz confidence to muscle Pac down will be completely blown away when he walks towards a straight left. No fighter hit cleanly, specially walking towards a vaunting left has gone through it unphazed. MAB & Morales are known for having iron chins, MAB fell on the 2nd round and Morales KO in 3. The same Morales whom a LW champion couldnt KO and barely won over.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #14
hellblazer
All-Time Great™
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity
Pac is faster, more explosive, better footspeed, more power. They have equal stamina an Diaz has a better chin. I think Pac's reach, speed and power wil be the telling factor. Juan Diaz confidence to muscle Pac down will be completely blown away when he walks towards a straight left. No fighter hit cleanly, specially walking towards a vaunting left has gone through it unphazed. MAB & Morales are known for having iron chins, MAB fell on the 2nd round and Morales KO in 3. The same Morales whom a LW champion couldnt KO and barely won over.
Ditto.

If this mega-fight pushes through, perhaps next year I can see Pac being the underdog.
Pac loves it when he's the underdog, the more he's counted out the more he wants win, that's why he trains so hard and come very prepared.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #15
valdez
Grand Champ
ESB Senior Member

Pac is too small.. Diaz would prevail..
valdez is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum