Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Dzindziruk will defend his title on Regina Halmich's undercard at the end of novembre.
Dzindziruk(34-0) is probably one of the most underrated champs out there.His exciting and technically outstanding performance against Danile Santosj was a feast for the eyes.
Due to his limited markebility in his adopted Germany he hasnt received much media attention yet.Therefore he is hardly known among casual sport fans.
However,he is one of the fighters out there who really deserves big paychecks and media exposure.
Dzindziruk can punch,has an excellent defence,and always puts up an impressive show of boxing.
His opponent,the German based Czech Konecny(35-2) has already lost twice-both fights took place in his opponents'backyards in Spain(split decision loss to Varon) and Italia(Pircirilli),and the outcomes of both fights have been controversial.
He knocked down Piccirillie,but wasnt able to take him out,and later ran out of gas.Pretty close fight which could have gone either way.
His loss to Varion was a joke,a blatant robbery.
Konecny easily won the first 6 rounds of his encounter with the Spaniard.There was really no doubt that he took all first 6 rounds of his encounter with Varion.He then ran out of gas,but still managed to be quite competitive.The 7th round could have gone either way.He probably lost the 8th,9th,and final round.Nevertheless the judges were somehow able to score that fight in favour of the Spaniard.
Konecny is a brawler who doesnt have the best stamina out there,and who fights well against good opposition(Bilic,Dzuman,Vigne,Gevor) and doesnt look that impressive against very limited opposition.
Konecny had two highly entertaining and dramatic battles with German based Armenian Khoren Gevor who gave hell to present middle weight king Artur Abraham in his last fight.
I will bet my money on the Ukranian,but wont be surprise to watch Konecny upset the talented Ukranian.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: xxyxxyxxyxxyxxyxxy
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

this is really a fight for the hardcore fans. dzinziruk is the best fighter nobody knows and konecny is a real contender.

konecny has the awkward style to give anyone at light middle a tough fight, but dzinziruk just seems more complete and certainly a harder hitter.

konecnys tight guard will make him hard to stop, but i remember that in the gevor fights he could be hurt to the body.
and dzinziruk has a violent left hand to the liver. i expect konecny doing well early, trying to unsettle the tall dzinziruk with bursts of punches. but eventually sergej will break him down with his harder textbook counterpunches and stop him late. round 11 looks right.
unitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
this is really a fight for the hardcore fans. dzinziruk is the best fighter nobody knows and konecny is a real contender.

konecny has the awkward style to give anyone at light middle a tough fight, but dzinziruk just seems more complete and certainly a harder hitter.

konecnys tight guard will make him hard to stop, but i remember that in the gevor fights he could be hurt to the body.
and dzinziruk has a violent left hand to the liver. i expect konecny doing well early, trying to unsettle the tall dzinziruk with bursts of punches. but eventually sergej will break him down with his harder textbook counterpunches and stop him late. round 11 looks right.
Well spoken,unitas!

I,too,see it that way! Dzindziruk is a classy fighter-too much for the very game and decent Czech hero Konecny.
I for my part would have prefered to seeing them go different ways.
A third encounter between Lukas Konecny and Khoren Gevor would surely have been fun to watch.Their first two encounters were very entertaining and exciting,and they still have unfiinshed business with each other.
Well,fighting Konecny wont be a walk in the park for the extremely talented Ukranian fighter,but he just plays in a different league IMO.
Dzindziruk by late stoppage or wide point decision! Guess that Konecny will have some good moments in their early rounds against the Czech!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #4
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

i like dzindurek in this one

i also think the style of konecny will suit dzindurek and he will counterpunch him all night for a lopsided points win.
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM   #5
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Dzindziruk will defend his title on Regina Halmich's undercard at the end of novembre.
Dzindziruk(34-0) is probably one of the most underrated champs out there.His exciting and technically outstanding performance against Danile Santosj was a feast for the eyes.
Due to his limited markebility in his adopted Germany he hasnt received much media attention yet.Therefore he is hardly known among casual sport fans.
However,he is one of the fighters out there who really deserves big paychecks and media exposure.
Dzindziruk can punch,has an excellent defence,and always puts up an impressive show of boxing.
His opponent,the German based Czech Konecny(35-2) has already lost twice-both fights took place in his opponents'backyards in Spain(split decision loss to Varon) and Italia(Pircirilli),and the outcomes of both fights have been controversial.
He knocked down Piccirillie,but wasnt able to take him out,and later ran out of gas.Pretty close fight which could have gone either way.

His loss to Varion was a joke,a blatant robbery.
Konecny easily won the first 6 rounds of his encounter with the Spaniard.There was really no doubt that he took all first 6 rounds of his encounter with Varion.He then ran out of gas,but still managed to be quite competitive.The 7th round could have gone either way.He probably lost the 8th,9th,and final round.Nevertheless the judges were somehow able to score that fight in favour of the Spaniard.
Konecny is a brawler who doesnt have the best stamina out there,and who fights well against good opposition(Bilic,Dzuman,Vigne,Gevor) and doesnt look that impressive against very limited opposition.
Konecny had two highly entertaining and dramatic battles with German based Armenian Khoren Gevor who gave hell to present middle weight king Artur Abraham in his last fight.
I will bet my money on the Ukranian,but wont be surprise to watch Konecny upset the talented Ukranian.



Don´t talk when you didn´t see the fight, Odo! You as an usual good poster should know this. Piccirillo is, was and will be always a slow starter, and against Koneczny, he was behind after the first 5 rounds, but than because of Lukas bad stamina, and Piccirillo´s great shape (especially for his age) and much better skills he outclassed later Koneczny, and won fair a pretty comfortable UD, even on Eurosport the German commentator said in his opinion Michele won with at least 3 rounds...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

I don't remember seeing Konecny but Dzindziruk is a great fighter. His jab is one of the best out there, he can bang and has good all around skills. I really hope he'll get some exposure soon because he deserves it. Hell, the guy is one of the best fighters Universum has, he has a belt and noone knows him not even harcore boxingfans. I have his fight with Santos taped (the whole fight - an uncut version without commentary or anything). It was a truely masterful performance.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Could someone please provide a video link to a good/representative Sergiy Dzinziruk fight?
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

i never taped it , but the whole santos v dzindurek fight was shown on uk tv, and i remember we were all impressed.
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:29 AM   #9
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
i never taped it , but the whole santos v dzindurek fight was shown on uk tv, and i remember we were all impressed.
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #10
pioterbezkitu
Juan Manuel Marquez
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 895
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

I've seen Dzindziruk-Santos! And I was impressed with the Ukrainian! Great jab, movement, counterpunching ability, he really has the tools to compete at the highest level, let's just hope he gets the big fights.
pioterbezkitu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Don´t talk when you didn´t see the fight, Odo! You as an usual good poster should know this. Piccirillo is, was and will be always a slow starter, and against Koneczny, he was behind after the first 5 rounds, but than because of Lukas bad stamina, and Piccirillo´s great shape (especially for his age) and much better skills he outclassed later Koneczny, and won fair a pretty comfortable UD, even on Eurosport the German commentator said in his opinion Michele won with at least 3 rounds...
Well,I did watch Konecny vs Piccirillli as well as Konecny vs Varon,and Konency's two encounters with Gevor(one of them live).
Piccirilli a slow starter? I have no idea as I havent seen that many of his fights.
Konecny knocked the Italian down,and won the all first 6 rounds on my scorecard.That should have been enough to win the fight IMO.
Picirelli has better skills than Konecny? If the Czech hadnt run out of gas in the later rounds he would have won that fight big time.I wasnt imrpessed with Picirelli's skills.
He has no pop in his fists,and any top fighter should be able to beat him IMO.
As for the outcome of Konecny vs Picirelli I for my part think that that fight was a bit similar to Roman Karmazin vs Castillejo,or to Kotelnik vs Mbye.
Most people who watched Mbye vs Kotelnik tend to agree with the official outcome of their fight.However,you had to take into account that their encounter took place in the French-African' s backyard,and that though he had a higher work rate he seldom connected with any telling punches.
Picirelli's stamina was flawless and his workrate was catching the eyes of the observers.Nevertheless he didnt land any telling punches.Besides he had no pop in his fists at all.Konecny isnt known to be a big puncher,but he for sure had the edge in firepower that night.

And as for Konecny vs Varon the outcome of that fight was a blatant robbery in open daylight.No way should the Czech have lost that fight.
Konecny won the first 6 rounds big,and the 7th round could have gone either way.He then ran out of gas ,and lost the last 3 remaining rounds.
Anyway! Outside Spain Konency would have won the fight.Thats for sure!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #12
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Well,I did watch Konecny vs Piccirillli as well as Konecny vs Varon,and Konency's two encounters with Gevor(one of them live).
Piccirilli a slow starter? I have no idea as I havent seen that many of his fights.
Konecny knocked the Italian down,and won the all first 6 rounds on my scorecard.That should have been enough to win the fight IMO.
Picirelli has better skills than Konecny? If the Czech hadnt run out of gas in the later rounds he would have won that fight big time.I wasnt imrpessed with Picirelli's skills.
He has no pop in his fists,and any top fighter should be able to beat him IMO.
As for the outcome of Konecny vs Picirelli I for my part think that that fight was a bit similar to Roman Karmazin vs Castillejo,or to Kotelnik vs Mbye.
Most people who watched Mbye vs Kotelnik tend to agree with the official outcome of their fight.However,you had to take into account that their encounter took place in the French-African' s backyard,and that though he had a higher work rate he seldom connected with any telling punches.
Picirelli's stamina was flawless and his workrate was catching the eyes of the observers.Nevertheless he didnt land any telling punches.Besides he had no pop in his fists at all.Konecny isnt known to be a big puncher,but he for sure had the edge in firepower that night.

And as for Konecny vs Varon the outcome of that fight was a blatant robbery in open daylight.No way should the Czech have lost that fight.
Konecny won the first 6 rounds big,and the 7th round could have gone either way.He then ran out of gas ,and lost the last 3 remaining rounds.
Anyway! Outside Spain Konency would have won the fight.Thats for sure!

Watch some tapes from Piccirillo where he was in his prime at 147 lbs, he´s at least twice the fighter Koneczny is, even now, with 37 years he was able to beat Lukas in his prime, bad comparison if you think they are pretty equal. Against Varon I remember that it wasn´t even close, Lukas definitely should have won this fight, here I agree with you...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #13
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Watch some tapes from Piccirillo where he was in his prime at 147 lbs, he´s at least twice the fighter Koneczny is, even now, with 37 years he was able to beat Lukas in his prime, bad comparison if you think they are pretty equal. Against Varon I remember that it wasn´t even close, Lukas definitely should have won this fight, here I agree with you...
No ,Luigi,I am not sold on Piccirelli.He didnt impress vs Spinks nor vs Konecny.

By the way Domenico Spada caught my eye when he mercilessly hunted Alspaslan Agumzum down making him tast the ring dust three times.
Damn! I love that guy.After he had dumped that arrogant Turk he had a somehow hot exchange of words with Mahir Oral.

I was also impressed with old Italian geezer Silvio Branco who is still no pushover for nobody at lightheavy.
Branco's stamina is great,and his heart is still in the game!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #14
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
No ,Luigi,I am not sold on Piccirelli.He didnt impress vs Spinks nor vs Konecny.

By the way Domenico Spada caught my eye when he mercilessly hunted Alspaslan Agumzum down making him tast the ring dust three times.
Damn! I love that guy.After he had dumped that arrogant Turk he had a somehow hot exchange of words with Mahir Oral.

I was also impressed with old Italian geezer Silvio Branco who is still no pushover for nobody at lightheavy.
Branco's stamina is great,and his heart is still in the game!

Agreed, Branco is a good example for boxing, although 40 years yet, he´s still in top shape, some HW´s could take him as an example. I like Spada, he has really a big heart, and he has no fear to fight in other countries...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergej Dzindziruk vs Lukas Konecny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Agreed, Branco is a good example for boxing, although 40 years yet, he´s still in top shape, some HW´s could take him as an example. I like Spada, he has really a big heart, and he has no fear to fight in other countries...
By the way do you have any news on Camarelle? Does he intend to turn pro within the next couple of months?

As for Spada he will probably rematch Oral,but he may also be one of Sylvester's,Abraham's,or STurm's next opponents.
I would love to watch Spada take on Sturm!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013