Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Undercard of Povetkin vs Byrd

Feather fisted German middle weight Sebastien Sylvester(26-2) will defend his european title against rather unknown Italian Simone Rotolo(27-2).

Belgian based Ukranian heavy weight Oleg Platov(25-1) will square off against tough South African journeyman Miyan Solomons(9-3) who drawed with young heavy weight talent Mario Preskar from Croatia in his last fight.

Danish supermiddle Mads Larsen(48-2) will show his skills against undefeated Italian Emiliano Cayetano(16-0).
My guess is that Larsen will soon get a shot at a mayor title.

Great cruiser weight talent Yoan Hernandez (12-0) from Cuba will have to pass a difficult test by facing Belgian based Arab Ismael Abdoul(28-14).
Abdoul has a proven track record,and has faced the who is who of the present cruiser weight division.
He is a truly tough nut to crack for the young Cuban who still has to learn to follow his coach's game plan.

Exciting Polish cruiser weight talent Lukasz Janik(6-0) will face an relatively harmless opponent.Sinisa Puljak(2-5) shouldnt pose any serious threat to the young and hard hitting Pole.
Janik had a very close war with teak tough French based Arab El Faruk in his last outing to a ring.Tough matchmaking to face such an experienced and capable opponent like El Faruk in his 5th pro fight.

German middle weight talent Thomas Troelenberg(12-0) will face Oleg Fedorov(5-1) from Latvia.

Another Polish cruiser weight talent,Tomasz Hutkowski(9-0) will fight an unknown european based African, a certain Blanchard Kalambay.

Russian cruiser weight Kapanov(2-0) is scheduled to fight an Hungarian no-hoper(0-3)

And last but not least Povetkin's brother Vladimir will also appear on his brother 's undercard facing a certain Raetz(1-0) at cruiser weight.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Undercard of Povetkin vs Byrd

It´s almost like some mass hypnosis to always include the term "feather fisted" with Sylvester. It´s a lie. He has won half of his opponents early and now has 3 TKO´s in a row. Before that he stopped Steven Bendall in 3 rounds last year. He´s no one-punch wonder but he does have reasonable power. I´d pick him in a brawl over Sturm any day. And even Sturm can fight with his opponents, though he shouldn´t. You can´t call a fighter feather fisted just because he isn´t a slugger. Sylvester´s technique is based on distance fighting and straight hands. If he would rely on half-distance fighting and hooks, he would look better against bad opponents but worse against good. So please let´s everyone fight with the style that brings out the best in them.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato Giancola
Thanx Odo!!! BTW don't you think Vladimir Povetkin isn't very special? My expetations on him are rather low...
I have never seen him fight,donato!

Well,as you know Alexander Abraham,Artur Abraham's brother, has a contract with Sauerland,too.Though his potential is very limited and he doesnt have the talent and skills to compete with fighters of the upper echelon of his weight division he keeps figthing for Sauerland.Makes you wonder,doesnt it!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
Itīs almost like some mass hypnosis to always include the term "feather fisted" with Sylvester. Itīs a lie. He has won half of his opponents early and now has 3 TKOīs in a row. Before that he stopped Steven Bendall in 3 rounds last year. Heīs no one-punch wonder but he does have reasonable power. Iīd pick him in a brawl over Sturm any day. And even Sturm can fight with his opponents, though he shouldnīt. You canīt call a fighter feather fisted just because he isnīt a slugger. Sylvesterīs technique is based on distance fighting and straight hands. If he would rely on half-distance fighting and hooks, he would look better against bad opponents but worse against good. So please letīs everyone fight with the style that brings out the best in them.
I disagree with you,vhb!

No big deal to knock out your neighour next door or a czech no-hoper with a fight record of 3-50.
Sylvester is a good fighter,but he is no puncher at all.
He went the distance with every decent boxer he has ever faced inside a box ring:Furlan,Meezache,Aramian,Giacomo,Hakkar,Tendil,Nogeiro.
Sturm isnt a big puncher either.You are right,vhb! I for my part dont think that Sylvester has the skills to win a 12 round fight against Sturm .
Sylvester is highly ranked by most important box mags and experts around the globe.Almost all his fellow boxers who belong to the upper echelon of the middle weight division have more pop in his fists than the German.
I guess it is fair to say that Sylvester is feather fisted and cant really crack an egg.
A lesser talented version of Sven Ottke IMO.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #5
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
Itīs almost like some mass hypnosis to always include the term "feather fisted" with Sylvester. Itīs a lie. He has won half of his opponents early and now has 3 TKOīs in a row. Before that he stopped Steven Bendall in 3 rounds last year. Heīs no one-punch wonder but he does have reasonable power. Iīd pick him in a brawl over Sturm any day. And even Sturm can fight with his opponents, though he shouldnīt. You canīt call a fighter feather fisted just because he isnīt a slugger. Sylvesterīs technique is based on distance fighting and straight hands. If he would rely on half-distance fighting and hooks, he would look better against bad opponents but worse against good. So please letīs everyone fight with the style that brings out the best in them.
I agree , chinny would be a much better description of Sylvester than feather-fisted .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

sylvester is built like a squat tank at 5.7 , but boxes like he is a tall and lanky 6.3 fighter.

never going to be anything above euro level unless he is bought a title and even then i cannot see it.
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

good undercard
i wish mdr would not repeat the main event, but show the undercard in full bar a few highlights.
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249

first results:

Vladimir Povetkin - Jean Henry Raetz PTS 4
Lukasz Janik - Jean Henry Raetz U.D. 6
kk17 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think it is a bit harsh to describe him as feather fisted. He is definately no banger, but it is not correct, that he has gone the distance against every decent fighter he has faced. He stopped Asim Asikainen, who was by far his best opponent. He also stopped Furlan, Bendall, Roselia and Dzemski.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #10
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens S
I think it is a bit harsh to describe him as feather fisted. He is definately no banger, but it is not correct, that he has gone the distance against every decent fighter he has faced. He stopped Asim Asikainen, who was by far his best opponent. He also stopped Furlan, Bendall, Roselia and Dzemski.

Jens
I would not be suprised if Sylvester stops Rotolo before round 8.
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk17
first results:

Vladimir Povetkin - Jean Henry Raetz PTS 4
Lukasz Janik - Jean Henry Raetz U.D. 6

Damn! Haha !Raetz must be a tough cookie.He fought twice on yesterday's fight event???
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #12
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
I would not be suprised if Sylvester stops Rotolo before round 8.
He had the Italian down,but couldnt take him out.
Pretty close fight with the Italian,but how the hell the British judge was able to score that fight in favour of the Italian is above me.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 07:34 AM   #13
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Apart from Povetkin,Hernandez,and Platov all the other undercard fighters more or less fell somehow short of expectations.
Hailed Polish cruiser weight talent Hutkowski even drawed with an totally unknown european based African whose fight record shows more losses than victories.

Belgian based Ukranian heavy weight Platov took out his South African foe Miyan Solomons in two rounds making a telling statement.Pianeta had a pretty close fight with the South African,and Don King's boy Mario Preskar drawed with him in his last outing to a ring.
I very much hope that Platov will get a big fight next from his German promoter Sauerland.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #14
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

platov is obvioulsy big and powerfull , but he is just to slow IMO for the top fighters when he is stepped up.
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #15
Bostonmma

How did Hernandez look?
Bostonmma is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum