Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
buckdacious
Sin~City punks!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 1000
Default Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Come on now guys, lets be real here! The only fight that kinda of surprised me was Canelo. I thought he would fight him but not that soon. once I heard announcement I was pumped! Other then that i thought he would fight everybody that he did. But lets list the fighters PPL how much doubt about.

Corrlaes- I know most of you cats wasnt watching Mayweather back then but I rememeber ppl saying Floyd would never fight him because hes 6'1, Had 30ko's in 33 fights, no way he takes that fight.

Castillo 2 - He got whooped and theres no way he'll rematch Castillo. HA! Sure did and it was immeadiate!

Judah- He wont fight Judah and just go for Baldmoir! Judah is southpaw, as fast as Floyd, has power, Mayweather has seen nothing like that.Judah just wasnt focused against Baldmior, he'll be focused for mayweather! He'll duck that fight for sure! Oh How sad! Mayweather took the fight fools

Oscar - some had doubts, i never did.

Hatton - I cant believe some had doubts (I think it was all the dudes overseas) Because Hatton has a rough up style and Mayweather cant handle that. KO!!

Mosley - Now this one was huge! ALOT OF PPL NEVER THOUGHT MAYWEATHER WOULD TAKE THIS FIGHT! Dont front fools! " He just fought Marquez and didnt make weight, no way he fights the WW champ of the world..NO WAY!! Signe the fight and won 11-1!

Cotto - Plenty of ppl thought Mayweather would duck this forever! Signed the fight when Cotto was a good 4 years off the bricks, damn good fight.

Canelo - WE ALL KNOW U GUY SAID MAYWEATHER WOULD NEVER TAKE THIS FIGHT! "He scared of the ginger" "Canelo is prime and young, Mayweather wont take that fight hes to scared. "canelo is the fight the world wants and the last time this happened he ducked Pacquiao so he wont take the fight" Sry haters

So just be honest. how many fighters you thought Mayweather never fought that he did.
buckdacious is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 24,343
vCash: 3553
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

2, Canelo and SSM.

Still right about a couple others.
For instance @147 Pac, PW, Margo, @154 Maravilla, Lara, GGG.
Robney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
GeoffJ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Anytime anyone presents a real threat and I'll admit that he made a lot of those fights I didn't think he would. Some would have been better earlier but instead of nitpicking I will say just Pacquiao is the only real hole on his resume. What could have been a shot in the arm for boxing (no pun intended) instead has become a black eye for the sport (that one was intended).
GeoffJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 23,892
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Mosley right after he destroyed Margo.
yes he fought him 14 months later....but not the same

didnt think he would fight alvarez
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 117
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

De La Hoya and Hatton but he got them at the perfect time in the end and I'm certain he will get Pac at the right time also.
Kel1981 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
pjomega
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

canelo
pjomega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
modernfonzie
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Just Canelo. I thought he was better than he is, and I didn't expect a near shutout in that fight. Contrary to popular belief, Floyd is a competitor. Dude wants to fight the best available. Had Pacquiao been a Golden Boy fighter. That fight would have been made no problem
modernfonzie is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #8
buckdacious
Sin~City punks!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffJ View Post
Anytime anyone presents a real threat and I'll admit that he made a lot of those fights I didn't think he would. Some would have been better earlier but instead of nitpicking I will say just Pacquiao is the only real hole on his resume. What could have been a shot in the arm for boxing (no pun intended) instead has become a black eye for the sport (that one was intended).
True. for ppl he didnt fight, pac is the only one and we all know he will make that fight
buckdacious is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
buckdacious
Sin~City punks!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernfonzie View Post
Just Canelo. I thought he was better than he is, and I didn't expect a near shutout in that fight. Contrary to popular belief, Floyd is a competitor. Dude wants to fight the best available. Had Pacquiao been a Golden Boy fighter. That fight would have been made no problem
Yeah Canelo is the only one for me too.
buckdacious is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
buckdacious
Sin~City punks!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
Mosley right after he destroyed Margo.
yes he fought him 14 months later....but not the same

didnt think he would fight alvarez
Not his fault it was 14 months later. Mosley tried to get Pac fight but they wanted him to drain down to 143, Mosley said HELL NO! so he sat on shelf untill Mayweather. should've fought berto but Earthquake hit. man i had tickets to that fight
buckdacious is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #11
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 10,656
vCash: 7559
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
2, Canelo and SSM.

Still right about a couple others.
For instance @147 Pac, PW, Margo, @154 Maravilla, Lara, GGG.
Yup, SSM and Canelo. That's why I give him credit for those two wins. The public wanted both fights and he on took them on.
klion22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
tennis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Paul Williams
Manny pacquiao
Undefeated cotto at 140
Martinez
A not 38 year old Shane
A not shot to shit oscar
tennis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
El-blanco
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Santurce to Toronto
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 512
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

The corrales fight to me is the highlight, I'm old enough to remember the climate of boxing at the time and Chico was a bulldozer and extremely feared. I liked both guys back then and thought Chico would kill him. Canelo is also a great win, don't care if his strategy was wrong. Bottom line he schooled him.
El-blanco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #14
progamer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 500
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckdacious View Post
Come on now guys, lets be real here! The only fight that kinda of surprised me was Canelo. I thought he would fight him but not that soon. once I heard announcement I was pumped! Other then that i thought he would fight everybody that he did. But lets list the fighters PPL how much doubt about.

Corrlaes- I know most of you cats wasnt watching Mayweather back then but I rememeber ppl saying Floyd would never fight him because hes 6'1, Had 30ko's in 33 fights, no way he takes that fight.

Castillo 2 - He got whooped and theres no way he'll rematch Castillo. HA! Sure did and it was immeadiate!

Judah- He wont fight Judah and just go for Baldmoir! Judah is southpaw, as fast as Floyd, has power, Mayweather has seen nothing like that.Judah just wasnt focused against Baldmior, he'll be focused for mayweather! He'll duck that fight for sure! Oh How sad! Mayweather took the fight fools

Oscar - some had doubts, i never did.

Hatton - I cant believe some had doubts (I think it was all the dudes overseas) Because Hatton has a rough up style and Mayweather cant handle that. KO!!

Mosley - Now this one was huge! ALOT OF PPL NEVER THOUGHT MAYWEATHER WOULD TAKE THIS FIGHT! Dont front fools! " He just fought Marquez and didnt make weight, no way he fights the WW champ of the world..NO WAY!! Signe the fight and won 11-1!

Cotto - Plenty of ppl thought Mayweather would duck this forever! Signed the fight when Cotto was a good 4 years off the bricks, damn good fight.

Canelo - WE ALL KNOW U GUY SAID MAYWEATHER WOULD NEVER TAKE THIS FIGHT! "He scared of the ginger" "Canelo is prime and young, Mayweather wont take that fight hes to scared. "canelo is the fight the world wants and the last time this happened he ducked Pacquiao so he wont take the fight" Sry haters

So just be honest. how many fighters you thought Mayweather never fought that he did.
drainelo- theftjr ducked the 154 gasnelo, so he never did.

mosley-never did plan until he realized he is 90 yrs old and sidelined for almost 2years, burned out for 2 camps and unroided. almost killed theftjr with 1 shot.

williams- never did.

martinez-never did.

margarito- never did.

pac- waiting for pac to be like granpa.

ggg- NEVER WILL.
progamer is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #15
boxing_master
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: california
Posts: 5,902
vCash: 500
Default Re: Be Honest, How many fighters did u think Floyd would never fight that he did?

canelo was not a big deal ricky hattons brother went the distance with him............a shot old mosley gave him a good fight
boxing_master is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013