Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default MArk Thompson

IN defence of Mark, this was a late notice opponent who just lost a MD to the world class, fringe world class, Frederic Klose. The guy had never been knocked out, and to be fair at ringside I had it even going into the last, which I think Mark took on work rate. How easy would it have been for the guys at VIP to have brought in a 5-20-1 fighter to take on Mark late notice? Instead they went for a real tough fighter. Would that've happened on a SN show? Would Frank put the likes of Kell Brook or another welter prospect??

Mark needs to work on blocking shots with his gloves as appose to his chops, and I think he was loading up for the KO a bit too much, which left him shattered.

All in all a cracking work out for the 14 fight NOVICE.
The Lads is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: MArk Thompson

i don't think thompson won that fight, fair play to him taking the guy on short notice but most of his shots hit perosh on the gloves and it was clearly a hometown win.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

KSy had him winning didnt they, I think BBN did too
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Even the guys on sky had perosh winning and they are normally pretty biased.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Did they? Havent watched it back yet. I know Smith had him winning by one (french guy) but I thought Watt had Mark winning...
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Nah they all had perosh winning and then after the decision they came up with the normal shit about it being a close fight and how things can go either way.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ah.... will have to watch it back later.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
rooq
East Side Guru

yeah, i believe the sky commentators had it even going into the last round and then thought the french guy won that last round.

tbh a lot of rounds were close, but marks inexperience just showed. what annoyed me more was the post-fight interview. i.e. what have you learnt from this fight mark? well, i've learnt that i never give up and always keep going until the end (or something). hmmmm.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
Mark55
Journeyman

As biased as I am to any Englishman fighting, I do try to objective and score fights myself, on this occasion I thought Mark had been pipped by a round, but hey we'll take a "hometown" win, we get enough the other way in Europe don't we?
Mark55 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
yeah, i believe the sky commentators had it even going into the last round and then thought the french guy won that last round.

tbh a lot of rounds were close, but marks inexperience just showed. what annoyed me more was the post-fight interview. i.e. what have you learnt from this fight mark? well, i've learnt that i never give up and always keep going until the end (or something). hmmmm.
Surely he won last round though!?! ringside I was sure.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I got to see a re-run of that fight today, & Thompson lost. Its as simple as that.

For the first time ever I have to say I agreed with Ricky Hatton Ricky got it spot on when he said Thompson loaded up with every shot, & he would have to be a lot smarter than that if he was to achieve anything in the sport.

Yup, I agreed with a a sharp suited Ricky Hatton. Im still pissed off with myself.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry D
I had Thompson winning the last round and taking the fight 77-75. That other guy had the chance to land but was leaving his shots ****ed too often. I got the impression watching his corner each round, I was sat right by their ring post, that they thought he had won the fight. I'm not even sure he realsied he had lost straight away because his mood went from happy to seriusly pissed-off when the announcement was made and Thompsonhad his hand raised the second time.

It was tough fight. I know this guy went close with Klose but I am not massively keen on Klose. Mark got clipped a lot. He would throw his 1-2 and just bowl the right over. It cost him in his last fight and in this one the southpaw opponent could just wait for him to bowl the right and pop him with lefts, uppercuts or hooks depending on how straight-up Mark was.

He lacks that little bit of experience and a fight with Anderson, although Kevin has a few kinks to iron out, would be too much for him in my opinion. It would be interesting to find out though.
hey Dooley. I read your interview with Matthew Hatton & got the impression you couldnt wait to goad him into running down Kevin Anderson.

As for Matthew Hattons bullshit about 'offering' Kevin a fight, is he forgetting who is the champion? At the end of the day, Kevin McIntyre has a bigger scalp on his resume than Rickys balding younger brother has. THATS why hes getting a shot. Matthew Hatton seems to think he deserves more than he does, just cos of his brothers ring achievements. Someone should remind Matthew that he has to get a decent win first himself before he can start calling the shots.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 07:38 AM   #13
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
hey Dooley. I read your interview with Matthew Hatton & got the impression you couldnt wait to goad him into running down Kevin Anderson.

As for Matthew Hattons bullshit about 'offering' Kevin a fight, is he forgetting who is the champion? At the end of the day, Kevin McIntyre has a bigger scalp on his resume than Rickys balding younger brother has. THATS why hes getting a shot. Matthew Hatton seems to think he deserves more than he does, just cos of his brothers ring achievements. Someone should remind Matthew that he has to get a decent win first himself before he can start calling the shots.
I couldnt have put it better myself! Who has Matthew beaten to get a crack at Anderson, nobody thats who. All I can say is be carfeul what you wish for, his time will come sooner than he thinks, and he will get a hammering, feckin clown.
As for Thompson, he got beaten the other night, I dont care what anyone says. After his shite about beating Anderson, man he would get pumped if he boxes like that against Ando. Suddenly folk are now saying "oh he's just a 14 fight novice" Well Ando won the Commonwealth in his 15th fight, enough said I think
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

To be honest as the decision could have gone either way I can understand the french guy's disappointment at losing.

Thats not to say I'm a fan of fighters that are graceless in defeat -
like Gomez last week although he appears to have calmed now from what I've read.

To his credit Thompson has been a very active fighter this year (5 fights already) and, on the whole, has acquitted himself well in my opinion.
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
spud66

Is there a link to your interview with matthew?
spud66 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum