East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Boxing Ashes between Australia and England when cricket ashes is on

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ashes to bashers: Talipeau takes bitter rivalry off pitch and into the ring

Jamie Pandaram

August 21, 2010

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Talking tough ... Junior Talipeau. Photo: Craig Golding

AN ASHES boxing tournament featuring some of Australia and England's most popular fighters has been scheduled to coincide with the Sydney cricket Test.
Headlined by Junior Talipeau, who will have a major bout against Shannan Taylor in preparation, the tournament is set to feature two bouts for Commonwealth titles and hopes to capitalise on the expected surge in British tourists during next summer.
Promoters Grange Boxing plan to burn boxing gloves and put the ashes in an urn, and stage the event at either the Hordern Pavilion or State Theatre on January 3, the first day of the fifth and final Ashes Test match in Sydney.

Talipeau will be fighting undefeated Martin Murray, who recently beat Sydney's Peter Mitrevski jnr in a unanimous 12-round decision, for the Commonwealth middleweight title.
Rob Medley, who lost a decision to Anthony Mundine in January, is also expected to fight for a Commonwealth title against a British opponent.
''The English fans can expect some hard-arsed Aussies to pound their fighters - this ain't cricket,'' Talipeau said. ''Punches are going to be thrown, not balls, so they can expect to lose their titles.''
Murray (20-0, 7KO) is the holder of the belt and made his name by winning the fourth version of the Prizefighter tournament. He is promoted by Ricky Hatton and viewed as one of England's best young prospects. But Talipeau (15-1, 5KO) is reinventing himself to become one of the world's most devastating body punchers and will be the toughest opponent Murray has faced.
Meanwhile, it has been revealed that before Talipeau faces Murray he will step in the ring against veteran Taylor on October 16.
''That will be another veteran's name on my record, he is a top fighter and I want to beat him comprehensively,'' Talipeau said. ''I don't think he is going to like my body punches. He better be prepared for me, because I have hurt every one of my sparring partners with my body shots. I don't care if people know, because people are talking about it already.''
Taylor, who scored a big first-round knockout in his last outing, fired back. ''He thinks he's going to knock me out with a body shot? I'll lift my arms and let him have the first five punches,'' Taylor said. ''Junior is going to be tough to beat, I'm glad I get to fight someone of his status right now, but I'm going to knock him out inside five rounds.
''He thinks he is a big superstar because he went on some TV show [The Contender Australia], he didn't even win. He will never do anything in his career that I've done. I have earned my stripes.
''If he wants to open his mouth like a baboon I'm going to close it for him quick. When I'm standing over him in the ring, I'll ask him, 'What body shot?'
''He is a young lion, I am going to have to work to knock him out, but he needs to know one thing: train hard. When he is up at 6am, I'll be up at 5am.''
Taylor, 38, plans to continue fighting for another four years and believes he is capable of reaching another world title bout.

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing Ashes between Australia and England when cricket ashes is on

i agree.

all the fights in "traditional' weights. bantam, feather, lightweight, welter, middle, light heavy, (we will throw in cruiser) heavyweight.

how do these guys 'pick' themselves though? aussie champs vs ENGLISH champs (we are playing england after all)..

and must you hold the aussie title to be selected, otherwise, how do you pick the aussie rep?

sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
i agree.

all the fights in "traditional' weights. bantam, feather, lightweight, welter, middle, light heavy, (we will throw in cruiser) heavyweight.

how do these guys 'pick' themselves though? aussie champs vs ENGLISH champs (we are playing england after all)..

and must you hold the aussie title to be selected, otherwise, how do you pick the aussie rep?

dont know.they will be all Grange fighters.hope its on FOX and isnt PPV.i thought Junior was fighting the Jungle
Boy next.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

junior gets abit of press in the papers, whatever hes doing is working, hopefully after the taylor fight he can get a few bigger fights...
talks up the body punching abit, but from what ive seen doesnt look like a big puncher at all
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

I thought Junior was a kiwi born fighter so how does that qualify him to rep Australia in this Tourney ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
I thought Junior was a kiwi born fighter so how does that qualify him to rep Australia in this Tourney ?

Keven Peterson was born in South Africa, how does he qualify to rep England in the cricket ashes

Where does it stop and end Josey
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
Keven Peterson was born in South Africa, how does he qualify to rep England in the cricket ashes

Where does it stop and end Josey
Exactly my point Beaver , It ain't just the England cricket side you are playing it's the England and Wales Cricket board that compete for the Ashes i am led to believe ,so does that qualify Welsh boxers to participate ?
What are the rules of engagement ?
Old 08-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Exactly my point Beaver , It ain't just the England cricket side you are playing it's the England and Wales Cricket board that compete for the Ashes i am led to believe ,so does that qualify Welsh boxers to participate ?
What are the rules of engagement ?
hey josie, you need a Missouri boat ride!!!!!!!!

we play england. if you must use scotts, irish, south africans, welsh, etc, etc, etc........we will still beat you cunts, as you are a degenerate race, ruled by a class that believes you are filth.

funny thing. we think you are also...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
hey josie, you need a Missouri boat ride!!!!!!!!

we play england. if you must use scotts, irish, south africans, welsh, etc, etc, etc........we will still beat you cunts, as you are a degenerate race, ruled by a class that believes you are filth.

funny thing. we think you are also...
Yea ? Come and take me one one **** breath , You really need to get back on your meds Asap Sal ,it looks like you are having another "Funny Turn"
Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Anyone here know where Dan Carter was born
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Anyone here know where Dan Carter was born
**** !!!! i'm surrounded by em .
Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
**** !!!! i'm surrounded by em .

I should have said where did carter grow up...answer is here in Aust
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #13
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yea ? Come and take me one one **** breath , You really need to get back on your meds Asap Sal ,it looks like you are having another "Funny Turn"
funny.....josey wales was a 'reb'.. my ancestors signed the D.O.I. and fought on the rebs side.....

the blue bellies (that josie fought against) were backed by the corporate english interests...

so your avatar suggests you have a name you dont deserve, it shouldnt be your avatar because you dont understand history.

it also proves you have no respect for the rebels, (josies side) what they stood for, and you cant understand that 20 million aussies can beat the degenerate poms at everything!!!!! except probably cowardice.

our kids went over the top in turkey, while you pommy cunts sat and drank cups on tea on some other beach!!! it was you pommy cunts that murdered so many aussie soldiers because your piss pot, fut, ruddy faced, gay 'lords' were given generalship over our superiour solders.

fight you? i dont need to. ive destroyed you already.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
f..unny.....josey wales was a 'reb'.. my ancestors signed the D.O.I. and fought on the rebs side...

the blue bellies (that josie fought against) were backed by the corporate english interests...

so your avatar suggests you have a name you dont deserve, it shouldnt be your avatar because you dont understand history.

it also proves you have no respect for the rebels, (josies side) what they stood for, and you cant understand that 20 million aussies can beat the degenerate poms at everything!!!!! except probably cowardice.

our kids went over the top in turkey, while you pommy cunts sat and drank cups on tea on some other beach!!! it was you pommy cunts that murdered so many aussie soldiers because your piss pot, fut, ruddy faced, gay 'lords' were given generalship over our superiour solders.

fight you? i dont need to. ive destroyed you already.
More deluded ramblings of an unwell so called man , oh and i think you will find that MANY THOUSANDS of Welshmen also died in the first world war cunt .

BTW Pommie is French name for an Englishman (I'm Welsh ) Brush up on your history dull cunt .
Old 08-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #15
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
More deluded ramblings of an unwell so called man , oh and i think you will find that MANY THOUSANDS of Welshmen also died in the first world war cunt .

BTW Pommie is French name for an Englishman (I'm Welsh ) Brush up on your history dull cunt .
welsh....? the english 'back door..."

dont worry mate. my ancestorrs were from wales...morris.....and 2 of them signed the D.O.I. also.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum