Old 08-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #61
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing Ashes between Australia and England when cricket ashes is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
also...the welsh boxing forum mob have never heard of 'josie wales'......look..

josie is a fraud, a loser, and the asshole of a pom!!

Because?
Rodin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #62
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

pervy phony

....memories hey Josey?

LOL!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #63
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
I can't find the ****er now mate but it's in the lounge somewhere (about a fortnight ago )

Anyway will Evan be fighting Alex any time soon ? i read hear that he is going to fight Kali straight off the bat (can't fault his ambition ) ...
No mate Evans and Alex will be sparring partners...they wont be fighting
ashley is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #64
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Hey sal I've been busy talking boxing on the main page of ESB for five years whilst you have been busy gaining a rep for being australias biggest arsehole with your ****ed up comments , I try to keep things on a boxing level (read this entire thread to see you were the one who started this bullshit ) but then again everyone knows this .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #65
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Hey Ash , Thanks for the info mate , being stablemates will benefit both lads . Can't post much as I'm i'n the midlands inthe class room post on my phone whilst this Sally winder type fella harps on with his bullshit lol
Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #66
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Originally Posted by sallywinder
great concept. i think despite sallywinder and josies 'musings', boxing should come first, and whoever thought of this concept needs a 'gong'...

great idea!!

meanwhile....back on topic...
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #67
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Talipeau out to save battered game.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Talipeau out to save battered game

August 27, 2010

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] "I am training my arse off" ... Junior Talipeau readies for his bout against Sonni Michael Angelo at Cronulla Leagues Club tonight. Photo: Brendan Esposito

The middleweight fighter wants to let his gloves and results do the talking, writes Jamie Pandaram.
Junior Talipeau's lips curl slightly as he recalls his recent sparring session with Anthony Mundine. ''He didn't like my body punches,'' Talipeau says. ''The last few sparring sessions haven't been good for Mundine.''
But instead of getting the better of Mundine in the ring, Talipeau has his eyes fixed on the bigger picture, and has issued a threat to both Mundine and Danny Green, announcing himself as Australia's next boxing pay-per-view king.
''I think they are on the way down, the public can see that,'' Talipeau says. ''That is why their pay-per-view ratings are going down.

''I am going to be the new face of Australian boxing. People need a new face, and that is going to be me. I know it's going to be me.
''I am training my arse off to the limit so I can prove that.''
The reputation of boxing in this country has diminished considerably of late, and Talipeau conceded there must be a radical shift in the approach of fighter-promoters.
''Even I feel the same. The way it is, you feel like you're watching WCW [World Championship Wrestling]. It's all fake,'' Talipeau says.
''I am going to bring back the realness, bring back the toughness.''
Talipeau starts tonight against Sonni Michael Angelo, in all reality a tune-up bout. Angelo is plagued by personal woes stemming from a rape charge and, as a late replacement, revealed he would be training himself, and does not have a great recent record.
If Talipeau is serious about delivering the thrilling extravaganzas pugilism fans are craving, he must dispose of Angelo in brutally quick time and turn his attention to Shannan Taylor, his next opponent.
''I am going to make a statement [tonight] against Sonni. I will beat him convincingly, and then I'm going to make a statement against Shannan Taylor and do what Mundine couldn't [knock Taylor out],'' Talipeau says.
Talipeau's plan is then to fight for the Commonwealth middleweight title against undefeated Briton Martin Murray (20-0, 7KO) in an Ashes boxing event scheduled during the final Ashes cricket Test in January.
''When I win the Commonwealth title, I can bring guys from England here, guys from Japan, the guys who I wanted to fight overseas, I can bring them here,'' he says.
''I don't see anybody else doing what I'm doing, stepping up to the mark and taking on the best guys around. I don't see Rob Medley doing that, I don't see Shannan Taylor doing it, I don't see Mundine doing it.''
Yet we've heard this all before. Fighters who promote their own shows claim to but then line up a procession of ''sure things'' who will provide little more than a comfortable victory. Talipeau (15-1, 5KO) has one loss on his record, a questionable points-decision defeat to Victor Oganov in The Contender Australia reality television series. But he was also on the favourable end of a judging decision in his last fight, awarded a split-decision against Nader Hamdan when most felt the veteran had beaten Talipeau.
If Talipeau is the man to assume the Australian boxing throne, there is no room for close calls and dodgy decisions. His heavy hands must deliver the knockout blows if he is to emulate Mundine and Green's knockout pay-per-view figures. People must be given a reason to part with their money when they've already been stung.
Angelo (16-9-2, 5KO) faces a body-punching barrage tonight at Cronulla Leagues Club. Talipeau's climb starts here, but hopefully his words will begin a climb back from the canvas for the whole game.
The last thing to be expected is for Mundine and Green to slink away quietly.
Not now.

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 AM   #68
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hope he bashes sonny.....
Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #69
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
also...the welsh boxing forum mob have never heard of 'josie wales'......look..

josie is a fraud, a loser, and the asshole of a pom!!
What a ****ing troll , just because i didn't post in a thread about Welsh boxing 7 months ago your pea sized brain determine i have no interest in Welsh boxing .
Old 08-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #70
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he bashed sonny....

now, how do we get rid of this 'off topic troll poster' from englands asshole?

**** off josie.....
Old 08-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #71
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
he bashed sonny....

**** off josie.....
Old 08-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #72
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
he bashed sonny....

**** off josie.....

Pull ya head in Sally, you're talking shit.

Re Juniors plan to fight Murray.
I have always had great respect for the Commonwealth title (Ex British Empire title).
It has always been a great conduit for mainstream International opportunities, & am often confused as to why it isn't a major aspiration to blokes who believe they have what it takes.
It has been around a long time & while all these alphabet soups have their hand out for the sanctioning fees & care little about boxing supremacy, the Commonweath title has always been regarded as the best fighting the best from the countries it embraces.

Onya Junior, Bring it home son.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #73
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post

well. i did promise to be nice to you.....
Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #74
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post

Re Juniors plan to fight Murray.
I have always had great respect for the Commonwealth title (Ex British Empire title).
It has always been a great conduit for mainstream International opportunities, & am often confused as to why it isn't a major aspiration to blokes who believe they have what it takes.
It has been around a long time & while all these alphabet soups have their hand out for the sanctioning fees & care little about boxing supremacy, the Commonweath title has always been regarded as the best fighting the best from the countries it embraces.

Onya Junior, Bring it home son.
Yea it's great to see the Commonwealth title get a mention down under, iv'e been educating myself regarding Australian boxing on this section of E S B for about two years now Rodin and was surprised that despite this historic title being held in high regard by "Us older" fans of the sport it was hardly ever mentioned on this board let alone being fought for by the lads down under, I began talking to Ashley about a Commonwealth tourny about a year ago now and i'm glad to see something finally stir in its regard.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #75
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mate, I've loved that title since I don't know when, but the Tony Mundine Bunny Sterling draw was a huge disappointment to me. It was like a WT in my eyes.

I think that there would be more than a few fans that would be surprised how hard it is to win.
Both Rose & Fammo won it.
It's also up there in one of the worse dicisions we've copped when the referee raised a surprised Chris Pyatts hand against Kevin "Bones" Kelly.
Even the ringside boys said "What fight was he watching?" (Referee)

Most wouldn't query how Mick Katsidas got so hot so quick in the states, but Graham Earl had won the title off Kevin bennett & was the holder when Mick beat him.
I'm of the firm belief that taking that title to the states more than pumps their resume'

IMO it's a real medal.
Rodin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum