Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Haye stalling on Harrison fight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Audley Harrison has told David Haye to "man up and sign" to fight for the world heavyweight title in a Battle of Britain bout in November. Harrison and his Promoter, Matchroom Sport managing director Eddie Hearn have been locked in talks with Adam Booth over the past weeks, with a potential fight scheduled to take place on November 13 at the MEN Arena in Manchester.

Both parties have now agreed terms but Haye is yet to sign and Harrison has sent a message out to the WBA heavyweight champion, telling him to put pen to paper on the huge fight, and warning him that he can take the title off Haye to fulfil his dream of being World Heavyweight champion.

“I'm about as bored as every other fight fan about hearing why you won't accept fights, what are we in this game for?” said Harrison. “I say to try and win titles and create a legacy but if its money you want then outside of the Klitschko fight I'm the only guy that makes you money."

"I am accepting the terms you have offered me and now we will see what you are made of. So let's stop with the bullshitting, man up and get this fight signed. So bring on the Battle of Britain and I will be the Hayebreaker come November 13th.”

Harrison put the wheels in motion for the clash with Haye in June when he vacated the European belt he won in spectacular fashion with a stunning last gasp knockout of Michael Sprott in April. The 38 year-old is now gunning for a fight with former friend Haye, with Eddie Hearn revealing that tensions between the pair were high after Haye delivered a snub to Harrison by refusing to put him on the undercard of one his shows after Harrison had helped Haye at the start of his career.

“The hard work is done and now it's up to Haye and Booth," said Hearn. "We are at the end of the line now, everything is in place and now it's up to them. This is a £10 million fight and the biggest the country has ever seen, but more than that it's personal between them – there will be no love lost in the ring if we get this signed.”
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Haye stalling on Harrison fight

Sounds to me like Haye and Booth have everything in place but the exploring other options.....most likley Adameck as they wanted to see him come through this weekend.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

AUDLEY HARRISON has told David Haye to stop stalling and give him the world title shot he craves.

Harrison's camp claim terms have been agreed with Haye's manager Adam Booth but the Hayemaker has not signed the contract to make the November 13 clash a reality.
Haye has previously stated his former friend does not deserve a crack at his WBA crown.
But with fellow heavyweight champions Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko signed to face Shannon Briggs and Samuel Peter respectively, Harrison appears to be the 29-year-old's best option.
And Harrison is keen to get showdown at Manchester's MEN Arena rubber-stamped as quickly as possible.
A-Force said: "David, I'm about as bored as every other fight fan about hearing why you won't accept fights.
"What are we in this game for? I say to try and win titles and create a legacy.
"But if it's money you want, then outside of the Klitschkos I'm the only guy that makes you money.
"I am accepting the terms you have offered me and now we will see what you are made of.
"So let's stop with the bulls***ting, man up and get this fight signed.
"Bring on the Battle of Britain and I will be the Hayebreaker come November 13."
Harrison's promoter Eddie Hearn added: "The hard work is done and now it's up to Haye and Booth.
"We are at the end of the line now, everything is in place and now it's up to them.
"This is a £10million fight and the biggest the country has ever seen.
"But more than that it's personal between them — there will be no love lost in the ring if we get this signed."
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

Sorry guys duplicated by accident article was from the sun

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post

and the biggest the country has ever seen, ”
Ive heard it all now.
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

So technically according to this source everything is set up and ready to go, Haye needs to sign the contract and its sorted, this would match up with what haye said about making an announcment within a few days... looks like this will be his biig "suprise"

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

Haye is ducking Audley
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #8
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The fact that Harrison and Hearn have come out and made this statement, which has been distributed to several media outlets shows that they are seriously concerned that Haye and Booth are looking elsewhere.

Haye and Booth has always said they have a plan A B C and more. At the moment we just don't know how far up the table Harrison is.

I imagine a simular deal has been agreed with Povetkin and one will be setup with Adamecks team this week, and David Haye himself will decide from there.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I hope this fight happens. It would be a great occasion.
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
“The hard work is done and now it's up to Haye and Booth," said Hearn. "We are at the end of the line now, everything is in place and now it's up to them. This is a £10 million fight and the biggest the country has ever seen, but more than that it's personal between them – there will be no love lost in the ring if we get this signed.”
what a load of pish.

Bruno-McColl was far bigger than this!
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
The fact that Harrison and Hearn have come out and made this statement, which has been distributed to several media outlets shows that they are seriously concerned that Haye and Booth are looking elsewhere.

Haye and Booth has always said they have a plan A B C and more. At the moment we just don't know how far up the table Harrison is.

I imagine a simular deal has been agreed with Povetkin and one will be setup with Adamecks team this week, and David Haye himself will decide from there.

Can you seriously see Adamek taking the fight for the 13th November??

That's what 11 weeks away. he was in a hard fight over the weekend and to jump into the biggest fight of his life 11 weeks later? Can't see it.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This sounds to me like baiting..... Harrison is scared he's not going to get his head spun for big cash against Haye and is worried Haye will choose a legitimate top 10 instead leaving Audrey to have to go and get shown up by Dimitrenko for the EBU title he let go too soon.
Poor Audley... he and his team really think boxing fans are interested in this shit?
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Can you seriously see Adamek taking the fight for the 13th November??

That's what 11 weeks away. he was in a hard fight over the weekend and to jump into the biggest fight of his life 11 weeks later? Can't see it.

Especially with 2 cuts to heal...
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #14
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why should Haye give Harrison and payday on the back of his name and recent success...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #15
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO MAS View Post
Why should Haye give Harrison and payday on the back of his name and recent success...
I see what your saying mate but i dont think he has got no other choice.... or shall i rephrase that, he will only fight someone who he knows he can beat and will get a big pay day. it all looks like its going to happen its juist a matter of days now.

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum