Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 351 47.95%
Disagree 381 52.05%
Voters: 732. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #1531
Pink Floyd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennyguzzla View Post
... but, to answer the thread - Pac's resume is better (on paper), May's competition was better.
Are you HIPHOP?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #1532
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,605
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
Pacquiao's has the greater resume at the lower weights.
Floyd is regarded as the greatest 130lber of all time - or at worst second.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #1533
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

How come the poll is not public? For all we know, there are two legit posters who voted for Floyd and the rest are their alts.
hmi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #1534
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Most of you just say one way or the other without even looking at either guys resume.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #1535
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Pacquiao

resume: 53(38 ) -3(2)-2
Years active: since 1995 - still active in 2011
winning first title: 1999 wbc/lineal flyweight title vs sasakul
Last won title fight: 2011 wbo welterweight title vs Mosley

Noticeable wins:
-sasakul
-ledwaba
-barrera
-morales 2/3
-Marquez 2
- barrera 2
- de la hoya
-hatton
-diaz
-cotto
-clottey
- margarito
-mosley

noticeable draw: - marquez 1
noticeable loss: morales 1

Prime atg's clearly beaten?: 1, Barrera 1 2003
Atg's beaten: Barrera x2, Morales x2, Marquez, De la Hoya
Hof boxers beaten: barrera x2, morales x2, marquez, de la hoya, cotto, mosley.
Division champion: 7, 112,122,126,130,135,140,147 (8 if you count 150 belt)
Lineal titles won: 4 112,126,130,140
Succesfull from: 112-150
arguably best ever in a division?: no
foty: 3x (2006/8/9)
Fighter of the last decade


Floyd Mayweather

Resume: 42(26)-0-0
Active since: 1996- still active in 2011
First title won: 1998 wbc superfeatherweight vs Hernandez
Last won title fight: 2011 wbc welterweight title vs Ortiz


Noticeable wins:

- Hernandez
- Manfredy
- Diego Corrales
- Jesus Chavez
- Castillo 1/2
- n'dou
- gatti
- Judah
- de la hoya
- Hatton
- Maruez
- Mosley
- Ortiz

No noticeable draws/losses

Prime Atg's clearly beaten? 0
Atg's beaten: De la hoya,Marquez
Hof boxers beaten:Mosley, Marquez, De la Hoya, castillo 2, corrales
Titles won in different divisions: 5 (130,135,140,147,154)
Lineal titles: 3 ( 130,135,147)
Succesfull from: 130-154
Arguably the best ever in a division?: yes,130
Foty: 2x 1998,2007
Runner up fighter of the last decade
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #1536
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Most of you just say one way or the other without even looking at either guys resume.
So who do you think has a better resume?
hmi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #1537
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 520
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff View Post
Floyd is regarded as the greatest 130lber of all time - or at worst second.

He is but that's purely based on talent and skill level. There weren't truly many ATGs he faced at that weight. Manfredy was a hypejob bum, Corrales wasn't the ATG people make him out to be and Hernadez was just a good good fighter. At lower weights, Pacquiao beat already made legends in Morrales and Barerra.
motorcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #1538
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Arguello is the greatest 130lber of all time and Pac was a greater SFW than FLoyd with wins over Barrera, Marquez, and two over Morales at that weight and one close loss against Morales in an epic war.

Floyd greatest superfeatherweight of all time? no
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #1539
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 917
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Mayweather oppoents are in the very good to solid range.

Pacquiao oppoents are in the has been to never were range.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #1540
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 520
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
Mayweather oppoents are in the very good to solid range.

Pacquiao oppoents are in the has been to never were range.
Barrera had just beaten Hamed like 1 or 2 fights ago. He was top 10 P4P at the time. Nobody expected Pacquiao to even put up a fight. I guess you weren't watching boxing back then.


Corrales was a more a never was. He never lived up to what I though he could be. When he did do things I thought he should have been doing like fighting tall and using his jab, he looked pretty good. But he'd often abandon that and that's why I say he's not as great as people say he was.
motorcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #1541
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
See, I knew I could get u to give it up!..This time I wont remind you about the whole undefeated thing..LOL..Ya win some & you lose some!
"ya win some & you lose some".... Oh man, you're taking this whole act to another level. What exactly you believe yourself to be "winning" I have no clue but I'm so looking forward to another "Merkaveli" borderline retarded post! You really throw yourself into your role. It's almost scary if not for the fact that your logic and posts are hilarious.

"42-0" This shit is dumb funny!
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #1542
c5terror
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Pacquiao

resume: 53(38 ) -3(2)-2
Years active: since 1995 - still active in 2011
winning first title: 1999 wbc/lineal flyweight title vs sasakul
Last won title fight: 2011 wbo welterweight title vs Mosley

Noticeable wins:
-sasakul
-ledwaba
-barrera
-morales 2/3
-Marquez 2
- barrera 2
- de la hoya
-hatton
-diaz
-cotto
-clottey
- margarito
-mosley

noticeable draw: - marquez 1
noticeable loss: morales 1

Prime atg's clearly beaten?: 1, Barrera 1 2003
Atg's beaten: Barrera x2, Morales x2, Marquez, De la Hoya
Hof boxers beaten: barrera x2, morales x2, marquez, de la hoya, cotto, mosley.
Division champion: 7, 112,122,126,130,135,140,147 (8 if you count 150 belt)
Lineal titles won: 4 112,126,130,140
Succesfull from: 112-150
arguably best ever in a division?: no
foty: 3x (2006/8/9)
Fighter of the last decade


Floyd Mayweather

Resume: 42(26)-0-0
Active since: 1996- still active in 2011
First title won: 1998 wbc superfeatherweight vs Hernandez
Last won title fight: 2011 wbc welterweight title vs Ortiz


Noticeable wins:

- Hernandez
- Manfredy
- Diego Corrales
- Jesus Chavez
- Castillo 1/2
- n'dou
- gatti
- Judah
- de la hoya
- Hatton
- Maruez
- Mosley
- Ortiz

No noticeable draws/losses

Prime Atg's clearly beaten? 0
Atg's beaten: De la hoya,Marquez
Hof boxers beaten:Mosley, Marquez, De la Hoya, castillo 2, corrales
Titles won in different divisions: 5 (130,135,140,147,154)
Lineal titles: 3 ( 130,135,147)
Succesfull from: 130-154
Arguably the best ever in a division?: yes,130
Foty: 2x 1998,2007
Runner up fighter of the last decade
good summary
c5terror is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #1543
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
"ya win some & you lose some".... Oh man, you're taking this whole act to another level. What exactly you believe yourself to be "winning" I have no clue but I'm so looking forward to another "Merkaveli" borderline retarded post! You really throw yourself into your role. It's almost scary if not for the fact that your logic and posts are hilarious.

"42-0" This shit is dumb funny!
U had to go and run ya mouph again huh..LOL...42-0 Hoe!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #1544
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
As of this moment 40 votes for Pac and 6 for Floyd.

Do yourself a favour and keep it shut.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..That little poll dont mean ANYTHING...Most the people who voted where Pacturds who didnt even leave comments..LOL..Or biased Floyd haters...Most people who left comments just laughed at how much of a mediacreated chump Pac is..LOL..Do yaself a favor and learn about the game of boxing!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #1545
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

does floyd have something in his resume like fighting future HOF/ATGs like in their primes like barrera, marquez and morales in a span of just 16 months virtually back-to-back-to-back?

i know floyd has two vacations of 16 months and 20 months in his resume.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013