Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #1666
BrooklynMumin
HOPKINS A " G "
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

floyd easily come on son you already know
BrooklynMumin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #1667
hussleman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default We all know why Team Pac dosen't let Pacman fight boxers!

Well anybody with any boxing sense CAN see why Team Pac dosen't let Pacman fight boxers. Pacman was intentionally kept from boxers like Zahir Raheem, Floyd, Juan Guzman, Tim Bradley, Nate Campbell,Devon Alexander. John David Jackson stress this point about 3 years back that Pacman won't fight slick Black or Hispanic boxers. Pacman cannot box for shyt and that why he lost to Eric Morales( Moralas lost his next fight to Raheem) and arguably 3 times to JMM and would have lost to any of the names mentioned above especially Floyd (that's why this fight is truly not made). Bob Arum wants to "milk" Pacman for as long as he can ( they thought JMM was shot). Fights like Hatton, AM, shot Mosley and DLH and Clottey were not boxers or not what they once were. Those are the facts!!!!
hussleman is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #1668
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Default Re: We all know why Team Pac dosen't let Pacman fight boxers!

Kept from Timbo and Devon?

They weren't even in the run to fight him, at ONE POINT in their careers. Tim Bradley might be in the running nowdays. One can say Raheem, Floyd, Guzman... but not Tim or Devon.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #1669
FloydPacquiaoJr

vCash:

Pacquiao wins by Face Damage!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
(street fighter 2 voice): "Marquez You Lose!!"
Old 11-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #1670
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Nate Campbell for sure.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #1671
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 12201

Pacquiao fought Cotto who in my opinion is a fantastic boxer, I agree hes been put in with a lot of aggressive pressure fighters but theyve all been big names at the higher weights.

Usually I try to Ignore Flomos but this is just ignorant.
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #1672
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

Raheem? His win over Morales was a fluke. His SD loss to a pure brawler Freitas in his very next fight proves my point.
caneman is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #1673
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

They clearly avoided Guzman. Pacquiao was supposed to fight the winner of Guzman/Soto. Soto was the favorite in that fight and was clearly beaten by Guzman. After the fight, Arum started making all sorts of excuses why he wasn't going to make the fight.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #1674
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
They clearly avoided Guzman. Pacquiao was supposed to fight the winner of Guzman/Soto. Soto was the favorite in that fight and was clearly beaten by Guzman. After the fight, Arum started making all sorts of excuses why he wasn't going to make the fight.
Do you think Floyd Mayweather and Team Mayweather have avoided Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley before he was 38 and coming off a long lay-off, Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams, Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez?

Or, dare I say, none of them?
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #1675
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussleman View Post
Well anybody with any boxing sense CAN see why Team Pac dosen't let Pacman fight boxers. Pacman was intentionally kept from boxers like Zahir Raheem, Floyd, Juan Guzman, Tim Bradley, Nate Campbell,Devon Alexander. John David Jackson stress this point about 3 years back that Pacman won't fight slick Black or Hispanic boxers. Pacman cannot box for shyt and that why he lost to Eric Morales( Moralas lost his next fight to Raheem) and arguably 3 times to JMM and would have lost to any of the names mentioned above especially Floyd (that's why this fight is truly not made). Bob Arum wants to "milk" Pacman for as long as he can ( they thought JMM was shot). Fights like Hatton, AM, shot Mosley and DLH and Clottey were not boxers or not what they once were. Those are the facts!!!!
Of course this is true.

How could Pacquiao cope with the insanely high-level abilities of multi-weight champions and HOF-locks like Zahir Raheem, Timothy Bradley, Nate Campbell and Devon Alexander, when he was unable to master tomato can journeymen bums like Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton?!

Ali "Who?" Funeka ****ed Joan Guzman up, forcing Guzman to shamelessly cheat his way to victory in the rematch. Yeah, Pac ain't on that level either.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #1676
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Do you think Floyd Mayweather and Team Mayweather have avoided Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley before he was 38 and coming off a long lay-off, Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams, Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez?

The only one of those he avoided was Margarito. He called out the rest of those guys(with the exception of Martinez) numerous times. Kostya was on Showtime and fought a grand total of 2 times when Mayweather was at 140(one of those fights was a loss to Hatton). Mosley had several opportunities to fight Mayweather and constantly turned it down. Miguel Cotto turned down a fight with him, Williams was never in line to fight him, Martinez is a MW. Pacquiao could fight him now if wants to. For some reason though, he seems more interested in fighting Marquez again.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #1677
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
The only one of those he avoided was Margarito. He called out the rest of those guys
He called them out? Oh well, I stand corrected. If Floyd says it on TV, it IS true...
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #1678
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Pac is just luring chickenweather to fight him. Don't be scared homie
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #1679
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
He called them out? Oh well, I stand corrected. If Floyd says it on TV, it IS true...
How is he avoiding them when he expresses interest in fighting these guys and they turn him down? Mosley turned him down on multiple occasions. There's video of him out there making excuse as to why he didn't want to fight Mayweather. I have no idea how you could claim he avoided Tszyu. Your argument seems to be that if the fight didn't happen, then Mayweather ducked these guys. That of course is ridiculous. Many of those guys you mentioned wouldn't stand a chance against Mayweather. And if Pacquiao is as convinced as you are that Mayweather has been avoiding him, then it's very surprising that he's wavering on the fight. You would think that he would jump at the opportunity, but that has yet to happen.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #1680
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:

Willaims-No-never in position to fight Floyd-Was either fighting Margarito, or getting ready to get beat by Carlos Quintana in the first fight
HE THEN MOVED UP IN WEIGHT TO 154-160

Tony was and is garbage-Floyd advised him to keep winning and they'd meet-HE LOST HIS NEXT FIGHT TO WILLIAMS-HE DID NOT "KEEP WINNING"

TSZYU-WOW-U MUST BE NEW TO THE SPORT-FLOYD WAS CALLIN OUT KOSTYA AS A LW AND JWW-TSZYU WANTED 0 PARTS AND BY THE TIME FLOYD GOT TO 140 IN 2004, TSZYU WAS ALL BUT DONE

Mosley-Never avoided him-Floyd was on ESPN in August 2006, sayin "first I'll beat Mosley then I'll beat his boss"-This was before Shane went on vacation and got his tooth fixed-Floyd was callin em out at 130 when shane was at 135 too

Pacquiao-LMFAO-PAC HAS BEEN USING A "DRUG TEST" AS AN "EXCUSE" NTO TO FIGHT FLOYD-Pac agrees to the test and PAC FINDS THE NEXT EXCUSE IN "JMM 4"

SERGIO-Not ducking nobody-This fight may materialize To say he is "ducking" shows your bias-FLOYD WANTS TO FIGHT MANNY AND CLEARLY, IS GIVING MANNY A QUICK MINUTE TO DECIDE-SERGIO-FLOYD WILL HAPPEN WHEN FLOYD READY TO JUMP TO 60 FOR THAT 6TH WEIGHT CLASS (LEGIT TOO-NOT 145 OR 150 IN 147 OR 154 LB DIVISIONS)

COTTO-I HAVE 0 ARGUMENT HERE-I TRULY BELIEVE FLOYD AVOIDED COTTO IN THE PRO RANKS-styles make fights...don't think Cotto could do it today BUT I DO GIVE CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE AND 2007 IS A DIFFERENT STORY ALL TOGETHER.

Please get it right
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum