Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #1726
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao will WIN; Mark my words.

i think it will be a easy fight for mayweather. i think he will stop manny in the late rds. pacman will come to fight and that will get him koed. i see manny running into one of the most nastiest check hooks i ever seen in my life, straight right hand to death.maybe manny can clip floyd and land a jesus punch and stop him ? but if we talking boxing and no x facotrs and luck shots. floyd all day easy work.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #1727
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
i think it will be a easy fight for mayweather. i think he will stop manny in the late rds. pacman will come to fight and that will get him koed. i see manny running into one of the most nastiest check hooks i ever seen in my life, straight right hand to death.maybe manny can clip floyd and land a jesus punch and stop him ? but if we talking boxing and no x facotrs and luck shots. floyd all day easy work.
cool man, i respect your opinion.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #1728
Dunk87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Similar to Hatton v Mayweather... Pac will walk onto counters all night long! If he couldn't get out the way of Marquez's, there isn't a hope in hell he will get out of the way of Floyds.
Dunk87 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #1729
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I dont think it would be easy... but when they get in the ring... based on skills, esp. ring IQ, i got Floyd.
jmmpbf is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #1730
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

First of all, the fight isn't almost a done deal. I don't know why everyone is saying that. They are probably no further than the beginning beginning stages of negotiations, if that. People are acting like we haven't be teased with these rumors for the last, what? Almost three years now?

I'm done with predictions - and discussing these rumors - until the ink is dry.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #1731
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict

It will be a boring lop-sided decision for May.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #1732
box247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

If pac can back up floyd then he has a good chance of causing some damage and getting in rounds. he must get the early rounds before Floyd adjusts or will be a very long night for him. Floyd has the advantages and will be favourite but if pac can get him to play his game will be close. If they play floyds game will be a wide UD to floyd.

Too many ifs but al depends how the initial rounds plan out.
box247 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #1733
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

jmm was able to keep manny off of him and make him think twice before coming in with all that wild shit. if people think manny will land on floyd more often then none then you are mistaken.floyd will not take punishment from manny.it will be like when oscar traped floyd in the ropes and was swinging for the fences, the whole crowd was cheering but oscar was not doing a damn thing in reality.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #1734
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Pac's un-effective and reckless aggression will be his undoing against a technician like PBF, he's simply too flawed and limited I've said this from the beginning. PBF will pick Pac apart in the mid rounds teeing off on him with straight right hands as he lunges in. He will frustrate and bust Pac's face up causing his eyes to swell and once that happens Pac will be in store for a brutal beating one in which he will be clowned and taunted in the ring. Roach not wanting to see it go on further will throw in the towel around the 10th and mass suicides happen in the Philippines.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #1735
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by box247 View Post
If pac can back up floyd then he has a good chance of causing some damage and getting in rounds. he must get the early rounds before Floyd adjusts or will be a very long night for him. Floyd has the advantages and will be favourite but if pac can get him to play his game will be close. If they play floyds game will be a wide UD to floyd.

Too many ifs but al depends how the initial rounds plan out.
floyd want go straight back in a line. he will turn, twist, pivot and use his angles.he will show you real boxing ring generalship. he want get hit with wild shit manny throws. manny will have to box for the 1st time in his life.he will have to work off a jab - good luck manny ! he will have to set his shots up - good luck manny ! and he with have to use feints and head movment - good luck manny !

things is not willing or able to do.hes going to be the same pacman we all know so well, so lets just see if his style is a problem for mayweather. i dout it will be to be honest.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #1736
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

there was a prediction way back that was branded as delusional, pac will beat hatton, dela hoya and floyd.

2 out the 3 is done.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #1737
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

i see Pacquiao's offense being very effective against Floyd. i won't argue with you guys though.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #1738
box247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
floyd want go straight back in a line. he will turn, twist, pivot and use his angles.he will show you real boxing ring generalship. he want get hit with wild shit manny throws. manny will have to box for the 1st time in his life.he will have to work off a jab - good luck manny ! he will have to set his shots up - good luck manny ! and he with have to use feints and head movment - good luck manny !

things is not willing or able to do.hes going to be the same pacman we all know so well, so lets just see if his style is a problem for mayweather. i dout it will be to be honest.
I can see that happening. If it plans out that way. Floyd will win with a wide UD and we will wonder what all the fuss was about. But Floyd likes to use a linear movement where he draws guys in and uses his reach and reflexes. If pac can move forward fast enough he can take the fight to floyd. Thats if the strategy works. Else if Floyd s timing begins to work early then many will have to adjust and am not sure if they have a plan B. His game is go out there and get into a fight. He's not that technically flawed just not on Floyds level.
box247 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #1739
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Pac inability to cut off the ring, Understand distance and closing the distance properly(instead of lunging) will result in him getting outclassed.

Floyd via KO
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #1740
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
i see Pacquiao's offense being very effective against Floyd. i won't argue with you guys though.

For his offense to work he'll need to close the distance properly. Something he's never done.
Symphenyceo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum