Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #2281
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd stumped by Testosterone Replacement Therapy question Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexb View Post
That's the face of a liar folks. He's most definitely on it and was taken right off guard not expecting that

BUT, there is nothing wrong with having average testosterone levels so it's not illegal whatsoever.
This where I'm confused. Wouldn't people that practice violence and combat in their professions have well above average levels of T?
Leon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #2282
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This where I'm confused. Wouldn't people that practice violence and combat in their professions have well above average levels of T?
it's not a conditioning thing. it's a genetics thing. just happens as you get older
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #2283
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_A_R View Post
the drug testing is weak. they know when they are going to be tested.

if he has a theraputic use exemption form for trt it doesn't matter if synthetic test shows up in his system.

all floyd has to do to get approval is get a doctor to agree to give him it.$$$$$

the point is that athletes that get this treatment generally don't really need it. it is just an excuse to use a PED. the limits on test are related to the testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the body. if you are jacking up your T levels all you have to do is increase the ept to the same level to beat the test.

a huge majority of boxers will be using PEDs. the testing system guarantees it.
Can't they still test your levels? That's what an Endocrinologist does when they are testing you for TRT.

You can get an exception but I do think people will find out. They tend to always find out...specifically when you put yourself in the spot-light. But is he doing it anyway and will he use the TRT argument and reasoning after his name is out there...yeah...if he is doing it. That's what the MMA guys and other athletes did but they also weren't throwing their names out their nor were they asking for increased testing. I'm not sure what USADA's take on all this would be.
Nevada may not care but USADA...I haven't done my research on this.

I don't know all the details of how everything is run and done. I'm not a part of that culture working on the testing and cheating the system. But they can still test for your levels.

What a lot of athletes were doing is maximizing their levels to the peak it can be for what is allowed legally. However, some were just going over that and then trying to still use the TRT argument but it was no longer TRT when it was over the allotted allowance of a "normal male."
Cyclist were big on this. Like a lot of guys suddenly were close to 49 mark for TBC and 1000ng/dL for total testosterone. Something like that. Enough to where it gets you near peak but won't set-off alarms. They are much better at this. I discussed it with a Endocrinologist I know that is in the research department. The Endo's brain is bigger than mine on the subject matter so I can't give you detailed analysis.
As far as manipulating the ratios...yeah...I read that too. But I don't remember the details and didn't ask about it.

Last edited by Caelum; 04-26-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #2284
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - Overrated and over hyped?

Original thread.
Xerant is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #2285
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNoyFightFanUSN View Post
it's not a conditioning thing. it's a genetics thing. just happens as you get older

Somewhat. Although genes has a big part on how high your levels are, food and environment also can contribute. There are lots of things that can spike your levels.

Being in the military, being in War...is said to spike your T-levels. That's why you can have higher levels when you are constantly training as opposed to if you were sitting on your ass all your life.

At the same time, you also have to consider those that go into such professions. It may be that the guys that go into these professions and especially those that make it to a high level, have high hormone levels. Not just an advantage from a physical perspective but Mental as well.

Prisoners. I read an article study that measured prisoners T-levels in different facilities and they found that prisoners that committed certain crimes, "violent" crimes...had very high T-levels compared to the average person. And this was used for the argument with how much does T-levels contribute to aggression and behavior. The higher your T-levels are, you can be prone to drugs, partying, ***ual behavior, violence, etc. At the same time there are advantages as well. But although high can be healthy, to high may not be a good thing.
Some Big, Strong, Built, Crazy MFers in prison.

O', Being around girls can spike your levels. That's why its good to get some.

Studies continually get done so who knows.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #2286
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

So Pactards now think Floyd is cheating bc he doesn't know what it is? LMAO. Oh but Manny is clean bc he doesn't know what a basic steroid is? This shit is pure comedy. "You have to believe I am all natural" Manny P.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #2287
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
So Pactards now think Floyd is cheating bc he doesn't know what it is? LMAO. Oh but Manny is clean bc he doesn't know what a basic steroid is? This shit is pure comedy. "You have to believe I am all natural" Manny P.
So what you're saying is that when someone who has never tested positive for any kind of PED shouldn't be accused or made to answer to those allegations?

I agree.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #2288
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomeddisciple View Post
So what you're saying is that when someone who has never tested positive for any kind of PED shouldn't be accused or made to answer to those allegations?

I agree.
I bet you Floyd will do any type of testing to prove he is clean. What about Manny?
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #2289
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I agree.
I'm against what the Mayweather Clan has done to Pac as far as accusing him of PED use. It not only puts a mark on him but also his personal trainer and everyone around him responsible for getting him in condition. As well as other fighters in his camp.

You tend to get this stuff from fans who believe All athletes are on something illegal...which really, this way of thinking, on some level, has me thinking that Floyd was sitting back thinking of his own decline and another man's rise which has left him soar.... but anyway...from someone within the Professional ranks to accuse...that's uncalled for. And, Floyd's fair game to go after. They should press the issue of Year Round Testing if he wants to put an end or "deter" athletes from using PEDs. But let's make sure we do the same with All the athletes that aren't doing it.

If Floyd thought something suspicious, he should have went after the testing standards instead of who he felt was cheating. And get the commission on board...although I don't think he would need them because they shouldn't be the authority on the matter. Athletes who risk their health and make a career out of this are the authority.

But again, if this video shows anything, maybe Floyd really isn't the brightest of guys in everything outside the ring.

I wonder if the guy even knows what the tests do other than "Catch Motha-F**** Cheaters."
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #2290
lacson
Journeyman

Facial expression and tone of voice certainly showed there was something that made his heart rate go up. Then the meek reply of "i don't know what you're talking about" with a stupid looking smile was definitely not a normal Mayweather reaction.

It's similar to someone who got caught doing something bad, it's just the same type of reply and expression.
lacson is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #2291
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
I bet you Floyd will do any type of testing to prove he is clean. What about Manny?
he is afraid of needles
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #2292
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I agree.
You agree with what?
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #2293
borachef

People who undergo such therapy benefit on the following: muscle bulk, red blood cells, bone growth, a sense of well being and erectile function.
borachef is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #2294
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I'm against what the Mayweather Clan has done to Pac as far as accusing him of PED use.

The firestorm only came after Pacquiao refused extra testing.

And please, keep your response, should you choose to write one, under 5 paragraphs. Thank you.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #2295
Jeff M
Future ESB HOF
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

I encourage Joy jr. to roid up if he fights Dapidran.
Jeff M is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum