Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #241
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: does floyd really believe pac is on PEDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
Why can't it get through your brain that not agreeing to a Floyd demand doesn't automatically mean the other party is guilty of using PEDs? Can't you think of other reason why the other guy will not agree to a Floyd demand?

There are very few of you here who still cannot understand that not everyone can be bullied into agreeing to a Floyd demand.
You don't read to well do you.

I referenced a quote another poster posted. I simply showed his quote was flawed in this case as to evaporate such a lie all pac had to do was take the tests. His personal feelings bare no relevance to the quote at hand.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #242
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
I don't think floyd believed pac was on peds at the start of negotiations.

After marquez fight, floyd was already preparing to fight pac hence both camps started talking. However behind the scenes schafer and sr started saying pac was on drugs and he should be tested.

Floyd was like alright we will get him tested. Now when roach said they would do any testing it seemed fight was on. But then pac camp didn't like who was testing and the randomness of it. Then we got the whole drama about to close to the fight.

Just imagine what the mayweather camp must have been saying to floyd when the pac camp started back tracking on testing. "I told you he was on drugs he doesn't want to take the tests".

Floyd later went from day of the fight to 14 day window, pac refused and fought clottey instead at that moment i think floyd beiieved pac was hiding something.

But do you think his using the OST, was a declaration that he didn't want the fight? cause I think that is the issue here.

Given that you said it was Mayweather sr and Schafer who made him suspicious, when he was apparently willing to fight Manny without OST, before their accusations, that would say he did want the fight, right? that even with the OST, he still wanted the fight, right?

I still dont get the point your making, I mean I dont want to make you pick sides, but where are you coming for on this, do you support Floyd's actions or Manny's, or neither?
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #243
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners!! View Post
He believes it imo.

Floyd would of had to of known Manny was going to reject the OST if the assertions people were making are true, that he never really wanted the fight, he obviously thinks Manny is taking something, well, he's not prepared to fight him without knowing for sure it seems.
Yep, only an idiot would disagree with this otherwise their opinion is flawed and biased.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #244
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners!! View Post
But do you think his using the OST, was a declaration that he didn't want the fight? cause I think that is the issue here.

Given that you said it was Mayweather sr and Schafer who made him suspicious, when he was apparently willing to fight Manny without OST, before their accusations, that would say he did want the fight, right? that even with the OST, he still wanted the fight, right?

YES

I still dont get the point your making, I mean I dont want to make you pick sides, but where are you coming for on this, do you support Floyd's actions or Manny's, or neither?
Mayweather was willing at the start to fight manny without drug testing, he just fought marquez without one.

It was snr and schafer who encouraged floyd to ask for extra testing, floyd ran with it.

You ask do i support floyd actions of extra testing, yes i do, can't see a problem with it, both fighters will be taking it.

But the thread title states does floyd really believe pac is on PEDS?

My point was that NO he didn't at the beginning of negotiations straight after marquez fight.

But YES he did after pac camp started acting all funny about it, the final straw was refusing the 14 day window floyd offered to make the fight.

So to recap yes he does believe pac is on peds because of the way he has acted to the drug tests being proposed. But no he didn't believe he was on drugs when the fight was first publicly mentioned. You just have to look at his interview with SKY.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #245
labintador
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Now we have to point out again, that floyd asked for up to the day testing, manny rejecting that ok could be seen as a reasonable excuse as it may be to close to fight.

If floyd wanted an excuse he would have not even budged. Yet as we know, he did, he went up to 14 days testing. Pac still refused. He wanted 28 days or 24.

Now surely these are not the actions of a guy who didn't want to fight and was looking for an excuse. How do you go from day of testing to 14 days of testing?

Doesn't sound like someone looking for an excuse, does it?

It does when the other guy already agreed to the 14 day cutoff then you change your demand to have the cutoff all the way up to the fight... Then you suddenly lose the urge to fight... Then you go on "vacation".
labintador is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #246
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Mayweather was willing at the start to fight manny without drug testing, he just fought marquez without one.

It was snr and schafer who encouraged floyd to ask for extra testing, floyd ran with it.

You ask do i support floyd actions of extra testing, yes i do, can't see a problem with it, both fighters will be taking it.

My point was that NO he didn't at the beginning of negotiations straight after marquez fight.

But YES he did after pac camp started acting all funny about it, the final straw was refusing the 14 day window floyd offered to make the fight.

So to recap yes he does believe pac is on peds because of the way he has acted to the drug tests being proposed. But no he didn't believe he was on drugs when the fight was first publicly mentioned. You just have to look at his interview with SKY.

Isn't it a case of.......Mayweather was just not 100% confident from the outset, not that he didn't want the fight, and so was seeking any little psychological advantage he could get, so decided to use Mayweather sr accusations to his advantage and ask for OST, but once he realized the OST was such a trivial issue for Manny, he became suspicious? I believe Mayweather thinks he would win, but that he isn't/wasn't 100% confident from the get go, so was looking to seek a psychological advantage, which happened to be the OST, only maybe he didn't realize it would scupper the fight, as he assumed it would not be an issue for Manny, as that much money being on the table, would be enough for most to submit to OST, so that peaked his concerns that Manny WAS actually taking PED, and so it became compulsory issue in order for the fight to happen?

To be fair though, if Mayweather is 100 confident from the get go, he does not ask for OST and the fight happens, as at that point, the accusations had no foundation, as Manny had not shown his apprehension about taking the test, and so he would of gone into the fight regardless what baseless accusations his father was making at that particular point, but as I say, he was obviously not 100% confident, and so was seeking a psychological advantage.

Mayweather was much bigger and longer than Marquez, had all the intangibles in his favour, but still did what he did at the weigh in to marginalize his win, which again, speaks about his lack of confidence in himself.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #247
Tora
Estonian Cab Driver
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Didn't you ask for a source?
thats heresay from a journalist
Tora is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #248
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
thats heresay from a journalist

I'm done with you.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #249
Tora
Estonian Cab Driver
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:

I'm done with you.
fair enough
but just becuase a journalist says something doesent mean its true
below politicans they are the next best at twisting the facts
he maybe right, he maybe wrong
no point debating that
Tora is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #250
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

He made some shit up to avoid fighting him. It's not the first time he's done this.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #251
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:

My thoughts on what happened after going back and looking at it all over, but I understand what Gooners is saying about Mayweather maybe wanting random blood testing because of the morales fight... Could be either, but I think the final point is Mayweather does think Pac's on PEDS either originally or due to how they handled the testing request... Most think due to how they handled the testing request... Does it make Manny guilty, no... But there's definitely a case to say Mayweather truly thinks Manny is on PEDS.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #252
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Lol...at the "No's"
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #253
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
He made some shit up to avoid fighting him. It's not the first time he's done this.
So he anticipated that Manny would throw a fit like a spoiled child about taking drug tests? You are implying that he knew that Manny would decline, when Roach stated definitively on the front end that drug testing wouldn't be an issue, and even went as far as to say it was already agreed upon. I think he even said "whatever they want", prior to the start of the first negotiations...so why would Floyd assuming Freddy is lying and that Manny will decline and it will cost us the fight? How do you arrive at this conclusion, I would like to hear your logic.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #254
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
So he anticipated that Manny would throw a fit like a spoiled child about taking drug tests? You are implying that he knew that Manny would decline, when Roach stated definitively on the front end that drug testing wouldn't be an issue, and even went as far as to say it was already agreed upon. I think he even said "whatever they want", prior to the start of the first negotiations...so why would Floyd assuming Freddy is lying and that Manny will decline and it will cost us the fight? How do you arrive at this conclusion, I would like to hear your logic.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La7RAg1shM0[/ame] Here you go Reppin!
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #255
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
A. Mayweather is psychic
B. I don't like Team Mayweather
C. A combination of Flomo urge! Vacation!
D. **** off and quit asking questions I can't answer without soundling like a jackass
Divi253 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum