Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.35%
Disagree 361 51.65%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2596
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
Why is that not fishy to a lot of people? They did everything they could and made a million excuses as to why they can't take the tests, were caught in lies (The Hatton vid) and ultimately cancelled the fight.

Then 2 years later, Pac is now "Ready" to do the random extra testing?
who gives a shit? extra testing is just that...extra. he has taken all required ones. take the extra testing and shove them up your cry baby ass.
iceman71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2597
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedychris View Post
I am a fan of both, but all that poll means is that there were more Floyd fans that voted.

Maybe after two years of BS, Manny is tired of it and is now willing to test to give the people what they want to see. You can't Damn the guy If he now wants to now test, and then damn the guy if he doesn't. I really think that Manny does want this fight a ton more than Floyd does just base on everything that I've read and seen on video from both camp. I also think that Floyd fans have a lot more confidence in him then he does himself when it comes to this fight.

This wouldn't be a forum if we can just all agree to disagree, so instead, we continue to bicker back and forth.
Really? So you're cool with him turning away from the bout in 2009 but now OK with him conceding to the request in 2012, LONG past this fight's expiration date?

All it tells me is that with all of Pac's close fights as of late is that Top Rank is ready to cash out on him.
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2598
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
who gives a shit? extra testing is just that...extra. he has taken all required ones. take the extra testing and shove them up your cry baby ass.
If you're fine with him holding up negotiations for years than that's cool. All I was asking.
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #2599
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
I am a fan of both, but all that poll means is that there were more Floyd fans that voted.

Maybe after two years of BS, Manny is tired of it and is now willing to test to give the people what they want to see. You can't Damn the guy If he now wants to now test, and then damn the guy if he doesn't. I really think that Manny does want this fight a ton more than Floyd does just base on everything that I've read and seen on video from both camp. I also think that Floyd fans have a lot more confidence in him then he does himself when it comes to this fight.

This wouldn't be a forum if we can just all agree to disagree, so instead, we continue to bicker back and forth.
Sorry bro, but thats bullshit.

The question asks if something was up...?

Ask yourself:

-Why did Pac say he is terrified of needles?
-Why did Pac say blood samples weaken him to the point where he needs a 24 day cut off time?
-Why did Arum say Pac is superstitious, and that is why he doesn't believe in testing randomly?
-Why did they avoid Floyd? Was it because they knew random testing would be required to fight him?
-When Floyd was going to jail before May 5th, why did Arum start talking about making a fight between JMM-Pac on that date, and when Floyd's sentence got pushed back, why did they say they needed 8 months for the cut to heal?
-Why did Pac tell the press he was more than willing to take the smaller purse to fight Floyd, but when Floyd called his bluff, Pac said 50/50 or no fight?
-Why did Arum say they needed a year to build an outdoor stadium so they couldn't fight Floyd any time soon?
-Why did Arum say he never intended to mtach Pac with Floyd since it would be bad press in the Philipines and Pac was going to run for President?

Ask yourself why so many different excuses.

And two years laters all of a sudden he isn't afraid of needles, he doesn't get weakened by blood tests, he isn't superstitious?? Give me a ****ing break bro.

Something was/is defitnately up.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #2600
speedychris
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Wink Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Really? So you're cool with him turning away from the bout in 2009 but now OK with him conceding to the request in 2012, LONG past this fight's expiration date?

All it tells me is that with all of Pac's close fights as of late is that Top Rank is ready to cash out on him.
But he never turned away from the fight in 2009, He just wanted there to be a cut off date to the testing. If the guy now wants to test, give him some props and let's tell Floyd to negotiate fairly so that we can have this long over-due fight.

If Floyd fans didn't hate PAC and his fans so much, they would be able to make a very good argument for PAC and they would also make Floyd look bad as well.

This will never end until they fight, until then PAC fans and Floyd fans needs to agree to disagree
speedychris is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #2601
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
But he never turned away from the fight in 2009, He just wanted there to be a cut off date to the testing. If the guy now wants to test, give him some props and let's tell Floyd to negotiate fairly so that we can have this long over-due fight.
The Floyd camp and GBP have already offered to sit down with Arum to open up the books, get the numbers out and offer up a share purse split between the camp.

Where's team Pac?
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #2602
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:

If Floyd fans didn't hate PAC and his fans so much, they would be able to make a very good argument for PAC and they would also make Floyd look bad as well.

This will never end until they fight, until then PAC fans and Floyd fans needs to agree to disagree
Floyd has ONLY two requests/demands.

1. Random testing (very reasonable)
2. Bigger purse (Reasonable considering his stock is higher than Pac's and the Pac conceded to the smaller purse, but all of a sudden it has to be 50/50? WTF?)

Pac has 20+ reasons why he can't/couldn't fight Floyd. I can name of few if you already didn't know this.

So you tell me who is ducking who, or better yet, who is ducking WHAT? Random testing?

Use a bit of logic.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #2603
speedychris
Journeyman

Team PAC didnt want anything to do with 40mil flat with no revenue or ppv.

I am not blaming any one camp, but I am blaming both equally.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #2604
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

He did turn away. He stopped negotiating with Mayweather and the mediator, and walked away from the negotiating table. And then announced the Clottey fight.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #2605
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
The Floyd camp and GBP have already offered to sit down with Arum to open up the books, get the numbers out and offer up a share purse split between the camp.

Where's team Pac?

Exactly.

GBP told Top Rank that they would base the split of the actual #s.

Also, why did Arum say he didn't know why Schaffer was calling his office?
Why did Arum say he didn't know who to call to make a fight with Floyd?
Why did Arum say he wasn't going to make the Floyd-Pac fight because it would be bad press for Pac in the Philipines when he ran for President?
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #2606
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Team PAC didnt want anything to do with 40mil flat with no revenue or ppv.

I am not blaming any one camp, but I am blaming both equally.
That's your problem.

Why?

Floyd wants random testing. Floyd generates and gets paid WAY more than Pac so Floyd agreed with Pac that Pac should take the smaller purse.

On the other hand, have you seen how many ****ing PATHETIC excuses came/come from Pac and his team?

Sure if you have any sense you can't be blaming Floyd, and if it makes you feel better blaming Floyd, you can't believe he is half at fault.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #2607
speedychris
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
That's your problem.

Why?

Floyd wants random testing. Floyd generates and gets paid WAY more than Pac so Floyd agreed with Pac that Pac should take the smaller purse.

On the other hand, have you seen how many ****ing PATHETIC excuses came/come from Pac and his team?

Sure if you have any sense you can't be blaming Floyd, and if it makes you feel better blaming Floyd, you can't believe he is half at fault.
Pac is now okay with random testing. I agree that 50/50 was fair before and maybe not so fair now, but you have to agree that 40mil with no other revenue pay is unfair (even if it would be PAC's best payday because it would be Floyd's too). What would you believe to be an even and fair split for this fight?

Most of the excuses seems to be coming from Arum. What is your opinion? Do you think it is Manny or Arum who does not want this fight?

Last edited by speedychris; 07-13-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: now instead of Not
Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #2608
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Pac is now okay with random testing. I agree that 50/50 was fair before and maybe not so fair now, but you have to agree that 40mil with no other revenue pay is unfair (even if it would be PAC's best payday because it would be Floyd's too). What would you believe to be an even and fair split for this fight?

Most of the excuses seems to be coming from Arum. What is your opinion? Do you think it is Manny or Arum who does not want this fight?
40 mil was an offer, Pac's counter offer was 50/50 or nothing. Not much of a negotiation when you say "or nothing" isn't it?

Some of them came from Pac, some from Arum, some from Roach, and even Knocz.

Pac is a grown man. He can tell the promoter HE hired to make a fight happen.

Did you know it was Pac who CHOSE Cotto, and he called Arum and told him to make the fight happen?
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #2609
bodyheadic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

anyone that is cool that pac stalled the fight for 2 or so years because of a stupid 2 week cutoff then finally agrees at the time where the fight doesnt even matter anymore, has a serious agenda in favor of Manny
bodyheadic is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #2610
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
This is simply a case of two of boxings biggest stars standing their ground, Floyd demands testing, Manny stands up and says its not required, if you dont want the fight just say so.

Manny agrees to testing and Floyd who previously offered him an even split now decides to change the game and offer 40 million with No PPV if anything that too is just as suspicious as Manny not wanting to test.

I mean if you really want the fight why are you doing everything you can to continue setting up roadblocks
Hold on. Why should Pac say no though? Because he has the power to? Really? That's YOUR excuse, not his or his camp's

and it's still a shitty reason, by the way.
turbotime is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum