Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 47.98%
Disagree 386 52.02%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #2806
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsb
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 196
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
Floyd: Hey Marquez I know you are a small lightweight and Im a welterweight. Lets meet at 144.

Marquez: Ok but you must sign the agreement prepared by my lawyer.

Floyd: Ok no problem. (signed the paper)

fast forward...fight night. Floyd came overweight! LMAO
So why did Pac demand overweight penalties for oscar
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #2807
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
and all of a sudden pac needed 10 million pound weight penalties. whats your point?
Just how much do you pay attention? First off, remember floyd's weigh in vs, JMM? He didn't even try to make the weight. And JMM would have been in his right to not fight. But guess what, no fight, no purse. So he went through with it anyway. Just as Chico did vs. Castillo in their second fight.

In a fight of this magnatude, if Floyd did that vs. Pac, and Pac, within his right, said no to the fight. Everyone loses. Esopecially the fans.

And besides, insisting Floyd weigh in at 147 for a WW fight isn't really a demand of anything new is it?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #2808
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,759
vCash: 928
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

has anyone ever boxed after taking a blood sample or played a sport that required the use of arms after a blood sample?

Yeah, it f'n hurts.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #2809
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
So what was Pac's reasoning to demand overweight penalties for Oscar? he had no precedence for that one at all since Oscar never missed weight.

Could it be Pac was just worried about facing a bigger fighter and wanted something in the contract to make sure they were on an even playing field?
DO you really need to ask that because you don't know? Or do you think you have a point?

First off, I don't even know if there were demands. If there were, maybe because it was a JrMW going to fight a LW?

Please do me a favor, think about things first.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #2810
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsb
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 196
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
DO you really need to ask that because you don't know? Or do you think you have a point?

First off, I don't even know if there were demands. If there were, maybe because it was a JrMW going to fight a LW?
It was a demand.

So in other words, yes, Pac was worried and wanted to make sure nothing shady was going on. Just like Floyd. Oscar and Floyd accepted and Pac didn't. Pac cancelled the fight, and lied in the process.
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #2811
whirlwind
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 258
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
So why did Pac demand overweight penalties for oscar
Pac jumped 3 weight classes just to fight Oscar at 147. Without the heavy penalty Oscar can easily come at 154 or 160 just like what Floyd did to Marquez. Floyd just paid the cheap dirt penalty.
whirlwind is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #2812
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsb
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 196
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
Pac jumped 3 weight classes just to fight Oscar at 147. Without the heavy penalty Oscar can easily come at 154 or 160 just like what Floyd did to Marquez.
So Pac was worried about fighting someone bigger. My point.
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #2813
whirlwind
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 258
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
So Pac was worried about fighting someone bigger. My point.
So Floyd was worried about fighting someone smaller so he came overweight. My point.
whirlwind is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #2814
bodyheadic
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
So Floyd was worried about fighting someone smaller so he came overweight. My point.
all your emoticons aren't making your opinions any more valid. Floyd was willing to agree to negotiations and Pac wouldn't. Pac cancelled the fight, noti mayweather. pac has had every fight his own way with catchweights and demands.

The one time he has to give a little in negotiations, he folds like a cheap tent and makes excuses.
bodyheadic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #2815
bodyheadic
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
It was a demand.

So in other words, yes, Pac was worried and wanted to make sure nothing shady was going on. Just like Floyd. Oscar and Floyd accepted and Pac didn't. Pac cancelled the fight, and lied in the process.
this post pretty much sums shit up real quick. pac needs to have every fight 100% his way or else there will be no fight, even in the hatton fight he was being a ****ing diva and almost cancelled with like 2 weeks left
bodyheadic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #2816
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
It was a demand.

So in other words, yes, Pac was worried and wanted to make sure nothing shady was going on. Just like Floyd. Oscar and Floyd accepted and Pac didn't. Pac cancelled the fight, and lied in the process.
Like I said, you don't get to say that he was lying, since that's not something you can determine. Learn to tell the difference.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #2817
whirlwind
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 258
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyheadic View Post
all your emoticons aren't making your opinions any more valid. Floyd was willing to agree to negotiations and Pac wouldn't. Pac cancelled the fight, noti mayweather. pac has had every fight his own way with catchweights and demands.

The one time he has to give a little in negotiations, he folds like a cheap tent and makes excuses.
Floyd is the one who made the demands = road blocks

OST
spy in Pacs camp
more money
no ppv shares
etc...

take note, Pac has to agree in all those demands or no fight.
whirlwind is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #2818
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsb
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 196
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
Floyd is the one who made the demands = road blocks

OST
spy in Pacs camp
more money
no ppv shares
etc...

take note, Pac has to agree in all those demands or no fight.
I'm talking about 2009-2010 not what happened over the phone. I'm talking real sit down negotiations.
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #2819
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsb
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 196
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyheadic View Post
this post pretty much sums shit up real quick. pac needs to have every fight 100% his way or else there will be no fight, even in the hatton fight he was being a ****ing diva and almost cancelled with like 2 weeks left
You are correct sir.
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #2820
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: So Pacquiao Doesn't Agree to Extra Tests Until 2 Years Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
I'm talking about 2009-2010 not what happened over the phone. I'm talking real sit down negotiations.
**** living in the past this is 2012 and whats going on right now? Why are you looking at 2009? in 2012 its a fact that the moment Manny agreed Floyd threw out another roadblock he dont want the fight he never did that ****ing simple
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013