Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #271
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Pac (Cotto Fight) can beat Floyd Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
But you have to take into effect that Pac took his foot of the gas peddle then. He was walking down Cotto in the late rounds. Pac would be on his toes for every round against Mayweather. That is if he isnt way ahead later on like he was with Cotto.
Manny is a great fighter but he is not great at cutting off the ring. Cotto frustrated him later on when he was moving. Hell Marquez frustrated him with little movement. If you watch round 10 you can see Manny over extending himself and a little off balance. Plus he would jab and bring it back low and a guy as fast as Mayweather with cat like reflexes can make Manny pay for it. We shall see.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #272
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I don't think that Pacquiao would beat Mayweather.

In the latter rounds, look at how a wounded Cotto is able to jump on his bike and make Pacquiao less effective. He was only doing it to survive, but Mayweather, through less movement maybe, will be doing to make Pacquiao pay by walking into counters.
Totally agree with this.

Also You really cant compare cotto to Mayweather.

They are totally different fighters. Cotto did the wrong thing in the fight which was to stand and brawl with one of the best brawlers in the game. Mayweather would not be this stupid.

I think Pac looks great against the right opponent, but i think Floyd is his kryptonite. I also agree that Pac has atributes that could give Floyd trouble, but Floyd can take on a range of different styles to overcome anything that Pac brings, where as with Pac i feel he is a one trick horse when it comes to the way he fights. Yes Roach has very good game plan for every fight, but Mayweather is so good at changing (sometimes more than once a round) and i dont think Roach and Pac will be on to him for long enough to mount a significant attack to win the fight.

Also i see Floyd being able to withstand his power when he does get hit, which IMO wont be too much.

Result.... Floyd wins by Popshot fest.
Mrtibbs is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #273
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Manny is a great fighter but he is not great at cutting off the ring. Cotto frustrated him later on when he was moving. Hell Marquez frustrated him with little movement. If you watch round 10 you can see Manny over extending himself and a little off balance. Plus he would jab and bring it back low and a guy as fast as Mayweather with cat like reflexes can make Manny pay for it. We shall see.

Again pac was walking him down at that point. He had a great round in round 9 and felt Cotto was ripe for the kill. Cotto's team threaten to stop the fight if he didnt do anything and Cotto mustered all that he had left for round 10.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #274
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtibbs View Post
Totally agree with this.

They are totally different fighters. Cotto did the wrong thing in the fight which was to stand and brawl with one of the best brawlers in the game. Mayweather would not be this stupid.

I think Pac looks great against the right opponent, but i think Floyd is his kryptonite. I also agree that Pac has atributes that could give Floyd trouble, but Floyd can take on a range of different styles to overcome anything that Pac brings, where as with Pac i feel he is a one trick horse when it comes to the way he fights. Yes Roach has very good game plan for every fight, but Mayweather is so good at changing (sometimes more than once a round) and i dont think Roach and Pac will be on to him for long enough to mount a significant attack to win the fight.

Also i see Floyd being able to withstand his power when he does get hit, which IMO wont be too much.

i agree, but IMO, if floyd thought what you and I thought, then the fight would have happened by now.
Because even if floyd though Pac was juicing, if he thought he could beat him as easy as your post sounds. He would have fought him already.

I think floyd knows he'll struggle with the way manny mixes up attacks from body to head.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #275
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i agree, but IMO, if floyd thought what you and I thought, then the fight would have happened by now.
Because even if floyd though Pac was juicing, if he thought he could beat him as easy as your post sounds. He would have fought him already.

I think floyd knows he'll struggle with the way manny mixes up attacks from body to head.
I think Floyd fights Manny at long range and picks him apart and then rapes him in close quarters. Range is going to be very important in that fight.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #276
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Totally different ball game against Mayweather.

Cotto gives you an easy target due to his stance, and once you have pinned him down with one punch, you can bring others into play and mount your offense, but what happens when your opponent moves the goal posts, when the target is not the same, then what?

I said before the Cotto fight that Cotto would get painted with the left hand, and one of the reasons I said that, is because he used to have a habit of leaning his head over his lead foot, meaning that when Manny threw the left hand, his target area (his head), would be closer to Manny's power hand, and given that Manny has a tendency to overshoot the left, and tries to punch through the target rather than at it, it was a recipe for disaster.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #277
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtibbs View Post
Totally agree with this.

I agree with everything u said except this. For FLoyd to potshot is the logical guess, but I believe Floyd will put more combinations together in this fight.
Look at Floyd's toughest fights, he always starts off a certain way and when he feels he has u figured out or when he feels comfortable, he starts opening up his arsenal if he thinks it's close. I saw a prime example of this against Hatton in the 8th and Judah
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #278
Sandmanl337
Pactard
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

We won't know unless the fight happens.. For now, we can only speculate and express opinions that others will disagree with..
Sandmanl337 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #279
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
i think floyd fights manny at long range and picks him apart and then rapes him in close quarters. Range is going to be very important in that fight.
bingo!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #280
Rexrapper 1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 499

Really can't compare. Cotto isn't and never was on Mayweather's level. It is like saying O the Mayweather that fought Gatti would beat Manny. We all know Gatti isn't on Manny's level just like Cotto isn't on Floyd's. Plus Manny has a style advantage on Cotto. In order for you to say, "the Manny that fought this fighter would beat Floyd" is if the fighter has a similar style to Floyd. For example JJM is the closet thing to Floyd.
Rexrapper 1 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #281
Scrap21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I never understood this argument. Pac was beating the crap out of cotto in the late rounds even tho cotto was flat out running away. How the **** you gonna cut off the ring if the other guy is just flat out running and not fighting. Are you saying floyd's gonna run from pac?? then he'll lose a decision.
Scrap21 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #282
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap21 View Post
I never understood this argument. Pac was beating the crap out of cotto in the late rounds even tho cotto was flat out running away. How the **** you gonna cut off the ring if the other guy is just plain out running and not fighting. Are you saying floyd's gonna run from pac?? then he'll lose a decision.
Nope I am not saying Floyd is going to run. He is going to give Manny movement. I know you don't understand that so we will leave it at that!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #283
Scrap21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think Floyd fights Manny at long range and picks him apart and then rapes him in close quarters. Range is going to be very important in that fight.
LOL long range is where Pac is at best because of his hand and footspeed. Floyd aint beating Pac mid range, he has to smother pac and fight inside where i doubt he can achieve without getting sparked out.
Scrap21 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #284
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap21 View Post
LOL long range is where Pac is at best because of his hand and footspeed. Floyd aint beating Pac mid range, he has to smother pac and fight inside where i doubt he can achieve without getting sparked out.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #285
Scrap21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Nope I am not saying Floyd is going to run. He is going to give Manny movement. I know you don't understand that so we will leave it at that!
you were saying Pac can't cut off the ring. if floyd FIGHTS Pac the way he fought mosley he gets KTFO. if he fights defensively he gets outworked.
Scrap21 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum