Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #286
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: The Pac (Cotto Fight) can beat Floyd Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I don't think that Pacquiao would beat Mayweather.

In the latter rounds, look at how a wounded Cotto is able to jump on his bike and make Pacquiao less effective. He was only doing it to survive, but Mayweather, through less movement maybe, will be doing to make Pacquiao pay by walking into counters.
Close thread
Pimp C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #287
Scrap21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
Shit I guess who haven't even watched pac fight? He darts in and out faster than anyone in the game. He rarely fights on the inside he is at his best at a distance where he uses his hand and footspeed.
Scrap21 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #288
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap21 View Post
Shit I guess who haven't even watched pac fight? He darts in and out faster than anyone in the game. He rarely fights on the inside he is at his best at a distance where he uses his hand and footspeed.

pac is a mid-range fighter.....if you think for one second he is a long range fighter we have nothing else to talk about.

in fact if you think he will beat Floyd from long range with a reach disadvantage as his coupled with the timing, speed, and reflexes of Floyd...your in for a rude awakening.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #289
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
He darts in and out when people stand in front of him and who are there to be hit. Also when he faces someone who can counter like JMM he pays for his off balanced recklessness when he comes in. PBF will make Pac pay every time he does this catch him, tie him up and kill him on the inside and get back out of range on the outside all night long.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #290
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
pac is a mid-range fighter.....if you think for one second he is a long range fighter we have nothing else to talk about.

in fact if you think he will beat Floyd from long range with a reach disadvantage as his coupled with the timing, speed, and reflexes of Floyd...your in for a rude awakening.
No shit this guy doesn't have a clue. If he thinks Pac can stand at long range with a guy with better boxing ability, longer arms who can beat him to the punch he's fooling himself.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #291
El Indio

vCash:

Floyd's legs are gone.

Pac would hurt him like Mosley did but unlike Mosley he wouldnt run out of gas and wouldnt stop until he got him out of there.

Pac by brutal murderous knockout.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #292
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
No shit this guy doesn't have a clue. If he thinks Pac can stand at long range with a guy with better boxing ability, longer arms who can beat him to the punch he's fooling himself.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #293
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
Floyd's legs are gone.

Pac would hurt him like Mosley did but unlike Mosley he wouldnt run out of gas and wouldnt stop until he got him out of there.

Pac by brutal murderous knockout.
Wishful thinking at best.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #294
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
LOL long range is where Pac is at best because of his hand and footspeed. Floyd aint beating Pac mid range, he has to smother pac and fight inside where i doubt he can achieve without getting sparked out.
Okay we can tell you have never boxed. Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage and he is taller and can fight tall for his hight. Combine that with his foot speed, foot work, timing, ring IQ, and laser punches he will destroy Manny from the outside. Manny is best at mid range. You must be joking. ha ha ha ha
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #295
LiL

vCash:

Quote:
He darts in and out when people stand in front of him and who are there to be hit. Also when he faces someone who can counter like JMM he pays for his off balanced recklessness when he comes in. PBF will make Pac pay every time he does this catch him, tie him up and kill him on the inside and get back out of range on the outside all night long.
Maybe that is the case, however until fmj goes on the ring with pac, we will see what really will happen.

We, or maybe only me, exaggerate on how fighters does their things. Specially for fmj where he is somewhat like unbeatable "full exaggeration".

Anyways we will wait until the deal is done .
Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #296
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
first time i heard some shyt like that and i thought Pac fans couldnt get any more outrageous!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #297
Scrap21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
LOL that's how everybody darts in out. when they have a target in front of them and Pac does it the best. Duh?? Oh shit here we go again with the JMM triangle theories. Pac has improved since then especially with his right hand.

Floyd style is not like JMM's, Floyd counters with 1 shot while JMM counters with combos. JMM was very good at throing combinations while Pac was throwing his. Floyd hides in his shell and throws only if there's no risk of getting hit. Pac's workrate would drown him.
Scrap21 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #298
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
LOL long range is where Pac is at best because of his hand and footspeed. Floyd aint beating Pac mid range, he has to smother pac and fight inside where i doubt he can achieve without getting sparked out.
You literally no nothing of boxing, now to avoid being a hypocritical cunt, I said a couple of days ago that I believe Pac may have an edge on the outside because of his handspeed and movement, and I agree that Floyd will bully Pac on the inside. I prefaced my statement with a disclaimer about going against general opinion, and not an "LOL". I can't say for sure that you didn't literally post jack me though, because when you say "I doubt he can achieve without getting sparked out", shows that you literally have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #299
Rexrapper 1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 499

Quote:
LOL that's how everybody darts in out. when they have a target in front of them and Pac does it the best. Duh?? Oh shit here we go again with the JMM triangle theories. Pac has improved since then especially with his right hand.

Floyd style is not like JMM's, Floyd counters with 1 shot while JMM counters with combos. JMM was very good at throing combinations while Pac was throwing his. Floyd hides in his shell and throws only if there's no risk of getting hit. Pac's workrate would drown him.
Then tell us why Floyd's opponents stop throwing. It has to be for a reason. Floyd is like JJM times 2. He IS a better counter puncher the Marquez. Most people who know boxing will tell you that. Manny won't even get off 2 punches before he is countered with a punch he doesn't see. Manny out put will drop big time when he fights Floyd.
Rexrapper 1 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #300
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

That's same thing that said about SSM, those counters are funny like that, they have a way of lowering people's workrate...I guess we'll see.
Reppin501 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum