Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #301
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: The Pac (Cotto Fight) can beat Floyd Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap21 View Post
LOL that's how everybody darts in out. when they have a target in front of them and Pac does it the best. Duh?? Oh shit here we go again with the JMM triangle theories. Pac has improved since then especially with his right hand.

Floyd style is not like JMM's, Floyd counters with 1 shot while JMM counters with combos. JMM was very good at throing combinations while Pac was throwing his. Floyd hides in his shell and throws only if there's no risk of getting hit. Pac's workrate would drown him.
Pac's workrate and connect % will both drop by half just like everyone else who faces PBF does. PBF will frustrate Pac from the outside with his superior ring IQ, boxing skills and his ability to fight off his back foot. He will make Pac pay every time he comes in off balanced, because he will have to lunge in against PBF because of the reach diffference, and make him pay. He will school Pac on the inside setting traps and walking him into shots he doesn't see. In the end Pac will be reduced to following PBF around not cutting off the ring, blindly charging in while getting picked apart and given a boxing lesson for his troubles. PBF is the better and more complete boxer here and holds the stylistic advantage in the fight. PBF by wide UD is my pick.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #302
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
This is interesting. Bald_Head_Slick, one of Floyd's biggest supporters, said that if Floyd trades with Pac, he'll lose.
Yeah, I would think that's logical, what does that have to do with my post.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #303
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
So what I'm gathering from this thread is...

Floyd DESTROYS Pac with ease. Yet Floyd hasn't fought Pac yet. The Flomos know Floyd more than Floyd knows himself?

if Pac fights from long range like your boy suggests.....he gets his ass handed to him and it wont be close!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #304
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

Floyd DESTROYS Pac with ease. Yet Floyd hasn't fought Pac yet. The Flomos know Floyd more than Floyd knows himself?

I haven't seen the word "DESTROYED" used once, I may have missed it though. The bottom line is that Floyd is favored by the majority of people not just here, but the betting public, by his peers, and by boxing media/journalist/insiders so why would you be shocked? He's the better fighter, and the majority of people can see this, it's a pretty simple idea.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #305
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexrapper 1 View Post
Then tell us why Floyd's opponents stop throwing. It has to be for a reason. Floyd is like JJM times 2. He IS a better counter puncher the Marquez. Most people who know boxing will tell you that. Manny won't even get off 2 punches before he is countered with a punch he doesn't see. Manny out put will drop big time when he fights Floyd.
For some reason people refuse to acknowledge this point. Pac's workrate will drop against PBF he won't be throwing 5 and 6 punch combos on him for two reason one PBF won't be there or two PBF will counter Pac with a shot he won't see clean. After doing this enough times Pac will become discouraged from getting hit with clean counters he doesn't see and then he's done.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #306
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

Quote:

.....another hypothetical win for Floyd.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #307
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yet Floyd won't put in a night's easy work for 50+ million.
Yet Pac won't agree to blood OSDT for $50 million.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #308
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
I haven't seen the word "DESTROYED" used once, I may have missed it though. The bottom line is that Floyd is favored by the majority of people not just here, but the betting public, by his peers, and by boxing media/journalist/insiders so why would you be shocked? He's the better fighter, and the majority of people can see this, it's a pretty simple idea.
Exactly!
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #309
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's what boggles the mind. Floyd holds significant physical advantages, has the backers from fans/media/insiders, and has himself said that Pac is "one dimensional," an "easy fight," and has "zero chance" of winning. Despite all this, Floyd is inactive.
I dont' know if you watch the news but PBF has a host of legal problems right now.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #310
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
That's what boggles the mind. Floyd holds significant physical advantages, has the backers from fans/media/insiders, and has himself said that Pac is "one dimensional," an "easy fight," and has "zero chance" of winning. Despite all this, Floyd is inactive.

what boggles my mind is...im clean.....but cant do the test...that shyt boggles my mind.

what boggles my mind is now a year and some change later i can take the test between rounds all of a sudden.

go figure
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #311
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Bc Floyd thinks Manny is cheating. If he loses to Manny and it comes out later that Manny did cheat Floyd still has that L on his record/ Perfect example is Oscar. Mosley beat him and was on PED'S but that L still remains bc Mosley never failed a drug test including the post fight test with Oscar. It amazes me how people argue over a dude asking for additional testing that he is also willing to take. SMH
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #312
El Indio

vCash:

Floyd will beat him just like he beat Cotto,Margarito,Williams etc.

Oh wait he never fought those guys, my bad.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #313
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
Floyd's legs are gone.

Pac would hurt him like Mosley did but unlike Mosley he wouldnt run out of gas and wouldnt stop until he got him out of there.

Pac by brutal murderous knockout.
Floyd's legs aren't shot, he just uses more efficient.

Watch the Marquez and Mosley fights, he fights stationary, but when he needs to retreat or back pedal, than he's very quick and efficient

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
If it doesn't bring you directly to it, then skip to 18:06

Also here in the Mosley fight (Mosley said that Floyd had the quickest feet of any opponent he's faced)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's a video explaing's Charley Burley's footwork and you can apply it to Floyd's now
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] __________________
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #314
Scrap21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
That's same thing that said about SSM, those counters are funny like that, they have a way of lowering people's workrate...I guess we'll see.
Look at when de la hoya was throwing his combos on floyd. Floyd would block slip and counter when there is no danger. it's just that de la hoya always finds a way to lose to the best and stopped doing it.

Floyd is a defferent counter puncher than Marquez because he is very much more defensive. he won't throw until it is safe to do so. pac will pepper him with shots and dart out. and will repeat this until floyd opens up.

Paulie malignaggi has a great analysis on this.
Scrap21 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #315
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap21 View Post
Look at when de la hoya was throwing his combos on floyd. Floyd would block slip and counter when there is no danger. it's just that de la hoya always finds a way to lose to the best and stopped doing it.

Floyd is a defferent counter puncher than Marquez because he is very much more defensive. he won't throw until it is safe to do so. pac will pepper him with shots and dart out. and will repeat this until floyd opens up.

Paulie malignaggi has a great analysis on this.
Oscar also brought educated pressure from behind the jab something that Pac doesn't do and even that wasn't enough. Also you have to note that Oscar was the bigger man taller and had slightly longer arms that played a factor as well. Pac's pressure isn't as educated he doesn't have a jab to speak of and you won't beat PBF without one.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum