Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #3181
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 31447
Default Re: Which ATG ranks highest Michael Spinks or Mayweather JR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
He tried to fight Pac and when the deal was signed Pac wouldn't sign off
More like he was scared to fight Pac.

If other lesser fighters than Floyd had the guts to fight Pac with regular tests and some even have a strong case that they beat him(JMM) and are all healthy after they fought Pac what is Floyd who's bigger than Pac and has the perfect style to beat him scared of?

He should have took the fight like the others did beat his ass and get done with it instead of acting like a ***** and hiding behind drug tests and money issues.

Say what you will about Spinks but he got in there with prime Mike Tyson in a fight he knew he didnt had a chance in hell when did Floyd ever took a risk like that? he wouldnt even take a fight where he would have a great chance of winning let alone take on a fight where he would be the big underdog.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #3182
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
You're acting like Mayweather didn't perform at an elite level above his highest weight. Pretty much 4 weight classes higher. Mayweather has the slightly deeper resume IMO simply because he kept at it and didn't quit when he went in tough.
Spinks had a clear win over Holmes and had several other wins at heavyweight prior to retiring with shot knees and being a shell of his old self. He wasn't quitting when the going got tough. That's horseshit. You're arguing points I didn't make by saying I'm acting like "Mayweather didn't perform at an elite level above his highest weight." Quote me where I said as such. What I'm saying is that you can't hold the Tyson KO loss against Spinks by dropping him down the rankings well below Mayweather. You can argue Mayweather's resume is deeper (I think it is as well), but Spinks has the stronger top victories without question and that either trumps or makes him awfully close to Mayweather in the all-time rankings. To suggest otherwise is crazy talk, especially when his legacy as one of the best ever was set in stone before his first professional loss.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #3183
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post

If other lesser fighters than Floyd had the guts to fight Pac with regular tests and some even have a strong case that they beat him(JMM) and are all healthy after they fought Pac what is Floyd who's bigger than Pac and has the perfect style to beat him scared of?

He should have took the fight like the others did beat his ass and get done with it instead of acting like a ***** and hiding behind drug tests and money issues.

Say what you will about Spinks but he got in there with prime Mike Tyson in a fight he knew he didnt had a chance in hell when did Floyd ever took a risk like that? he wouldnt even take a fight where he would have a great chance of winning let alone take on a fight where he would be the big underdog.

^ This
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #3184
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:

Because he wanted something in return for letting Pac choose everything else and even PAc putting in an overweight clause because PAC himself was scared of Floyd coming in with a big size advantage. Both were weary, and both didn't want to be cheated.

It was Pac who was the one who walked and sued instead Yet Floyd is the *****
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #3185
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
Because he wanted something in return for letting Pac choose everything else and even PAc putting in an overweight clause because PAC himself was scared of Floyd coming in with a big size advantage. Both were weary, and both didn't want to be cheated.

It was Pac who was the one who walked and sued instead Yet Floyd is the *****
Thats right hes a ***** compared to the other fighters who fought Pac without extra drug testing hes a *****, i repeat he has the size and the style to render Pac harmless he should have did like others did and like he did in 40 or so fights and fight Pac without extra testing beat his ass and get done with it, now there will always be a question mark on his resume cause he didnt took care of business when he should have, say what will about Spinks and him only lasting 90 seconds against prime Iron Mike but theres no question marks on his resume.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #3186
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats right hes a ***** compared to the other fighters who fought Pac without extra drug testing hes a *****, i repeat he has the size and the style to render Pac harmless he should have did like others did and like he did in 40 or so fights and fight Pac without extra testing beat his ass and get done with it, now there will always be a question mark on his resume cause he didnt took care of business when he should have, say what will about Spinks and him only lasting 90 seconds against prime Iron Mike but theres no question marks on his resume.
I penalize Pac and Floyd ATG-wise for not fighting, but Floyd can't fight a guy that won't sign the contract when everything is even and ready to be made. Pac was the one who started with being scared and needing clauses in order to make sure the guys he is fighting aren't "too big for him"
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #3187
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd with ease.

The day floyd gets sparked in 90 seconds, come holla at me. Even Bruno lasted longer than that.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #3188
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Floyd with ease.

The day floyd gets sparked in 90 seconds, come holla at me. Even Bruno lasted longer than that.
Forget his great resume, the LHW era he cleaned up, and the win over an undefeated Larry Holmes at HW, right? I mean, just forget about that...it doesn't matter, cause Mayweather is easily ahead, ya know? Because Spinks lost in 90 seconds to a prime Tyson.

JMP is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #3189
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
I penalize Pac and Floyd ATG-wise for not fighting, but Floyd can't fight a guy that won't sign the contract when everything is even and ready to be made. Pac was the one who started with being scared and needing clauses in order to make sure the guys he is fighting aren't "too big for him"
He asked for a clause to make sure Floyd didnt pull the same stunt he did with JMM and come in overweight that had nothing to do with making sure Floyd wouldnt be too big for him and that was only an issue during the first negotiations i never heard that clause mentioned ever again after those negotiations i think that stopped being an issue after Floyd fought again at 147 and made the weight comfortably they stopped having doubts about him coming in overweight, thats what i remember, this shit has had so many twists and turns that i dont know whats true anymore, But i still maintain that Floyd should have took care of business and that it was mainly his fault that the fight never happened specially considering he would have almost all the advantages in that fight and would be the big favorite to win others think otherwise and that its Pac's fault i respect that but i disagree.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #3190
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Forget his great resume, the LHW era he cleaned up, and the win over an undefeated Larry Holmes at HW, right? I mean, just forget about that...it doesn't matter, cause Mayweather is easily ahead, ya know? Because Spinks lost in 90 seconds to a prime Tyson.

They both ATG, that is not up for debate. But getting sparked in 90 seconds can't be simply forgotten.

As a 2 weight champion that is impressive, but not as impressive as being a legitimate 5 weight world champion.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #3191
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
They both ATG, that is not up for debate. But getting sparked in 90 seconds can't be simply forgotten.

As a 2 weight champion that is impressive, but not as impressive as being a legitimate 5 weight world champion.
Not like Spinks had many places to go after 2. Quality of opponents is what's important.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #3192
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He asked for a clause to make sure Floyd didnt pull the same stunt he did with JMM and come in overweight that had nothing to do with making sure Floyd wouldnt be too big for him and that was only an issue during the first negotiations i never heard that clause mentioned ever again after those negotiations i think that stopped being an issue after Floyd fought again at 147 and made the weight comfortably they stopped having doubts about him coming in overweight, thats what i remember, this shit has had so many twists and turns that i dont know whats true anymore, But i still maintain that Floyd should have took care of business and that it was mainly his fault that the fight never happened specially considering he would have almost all the advantages in that fight and would be the big favorite to win others think otherwise and that its Pac's fault i respect that but i disagree.
Shut the **** up. You said floyd was scared of mosley only to get banned from this forum for your stupidity.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #3193
mrbassie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Spinks.
mrbassie is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #3194
Monogamous STD
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Why get upset about something this subjective?
Monogamous STD is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #3195
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
So why did Pac make Oscar sign an overweight clause too then in their fight? Oscar never showed signs of missing any weight before.

It was to make sure he wouldn't get cheated. The only reason you never heard about the overweight penalties again is because they didn't bitch and moan about it like pac and his fans do about drug tests and just signed the damned contract.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum