Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #3406
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400
Default Re: Floyd lost 15lbs of Muscle in Jail? Excuses!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy1 View Post
Oh ok. Dehydration...

If it was mostly dehydration, Floyd would gain the weight back rather quickly.
once he goes back on his normal diet for a couple of months, he'll put weight back on, but he needs to get into the gym if he doesn't want to bloat up like Josesito Lopez did when he went up 15 pounds to fight Canelo.

He was looking crackheadish a few weeks ago

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #3407
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

shouldnt be too surprising..Mayweather waiting to do things until hes good and ready and not being rushed into doing anything he doesnt want..if only there were more people like Mayweather in the world.. *rolls eyes*
liljp361 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #3408
trippy1

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
once he goes back on his normal diet for a couple of months, he'll put weight back on, but he needs to get into the gym if he doesn't want to bloat up like Josesito Lopez did when he went up 15 pounds to fight Canelo.

He was looking crackheadish a few weeks ago

That was a few weeks ago. So when that picture was taken, December was more than 4 months away. How long does Floyd need to recover? 2 months of his normal diet + 2 months of his normal training camp is not enough time?
trippy1 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #3409
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
That was a few weeks ago. So when that picture was taken, December was more than 4 months away. How long does Floyd need to recover? 2 months of his normal diet + 2 months of his normal training camp is not enough time?
The problem though is idk and he may not know how much time it'll take. He may want to wait until he gets back to his normal weight to see how he feels before he decides to comeback. He says he doesn't even have any motivation to train right now.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #3410
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He needs time to get over the mentral stress of his prolonged timeout

poor jailbird Floyd
liljp361 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #3411
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
How does someone lose 15 pounds of muscle in 2 months, while doing 1000 pushups a day?

Floyd fans will believe anything.
Nutrition is more important than working out to keep your weight up.

Now if Floyd actually lost 15 pounds of meat and not water....I have my doubts given the pics even though its better to see someone in person. Maybe it was half/half.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #3412
trippy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
The problem though is idk and he may not know how much time it'll take. He may want to wait until he gets back to his normal weight to see how he feels before he decides to comeback. He says he doesn't even have any motivation to train right now.
Well, see that's a whole different argument. Saying that Floyd doesn't have any motivation to train is different than saying Floyd isn't fighting because he still needs to recover from jail. In my opinion, if Floyd wanted to fight in December, he could do so.

Floyd isn't fighting again because he doesn't want to, not because of losing weight while in jail.
trippy1 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #3413
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljp361 View Post
He needs time to get over the mentral stress of his prolonged timeout

poor jailbird Floyd
Shock to his Ego.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #3414
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

its not that its just another excuse....its the fact its the lamest ****ing excuse yet
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #3415
trippy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Nutrition is more important than working out to keep your weight up.

Now if Floyd actually lost 15 pounds of meat and not water....I have my doubts given the pics even though its better to see someone in person. Maybe it was half/half.
Nutrition is most important, but I have trouble believing someone lost a considerable amount of muscle in 2 months while doing as many pushups and exercising as Floyd claims he did. Like Floyd said, he was mostly dehydrated. Gaining that water weight back is easy.
trippy1 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #3416
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well, see that's a whole different argument. Saying that Floyd doesn't have any motivation to train is different than saying Floyd isn't fighting because he still needs to recover from jail. In my opinion, if Floyd wanted to fight in December, he could do so.

Floyd isn't fighting again because he doesn't want to, not because of losing weight while in jail.
It's obviously a mix of both. If he went out and got Marquez' strength and conditioning coach immediately out of jail and worked hard, he could have came back in December.
Plus I think him losing that weight has made him lose that motivation. If he came out of jail in good shape still, then that's good for his confidence and drive. But he came out frail and weak (compared to his normal state).
Old 09-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #3417
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

Quote:
Nutrition is most important, but I have trouble believing someone lost a considerable amount of muscle in 2 months while doing as many pushups and exercising as Floyd claims he did. Like Floyd said, he was mostly dehydrated. Gaining that water weight back is easy.
Push ups won't keep your weight on if you are burning more calories than you are consuming.

Don't really think he lost 15 pounds though, as it is hard to imagine someone who is already in good shape lose 15 pounds in that amount of time.
weegriffin is online now  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #3418
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Again, its all down to NUTRITION for weight.

You can workout all you want but it takes proper Nutrition to continually keep your weight up...specifically if the weight that is on you is a little extra than you would normally have on you with the normal 50 grams of protein low calorie diet survival plan.

Now I don't think he is in Manny's situation where Manny is said to lose a lot of weight fast when he stops the nutrition intake that Ariza has maintained him on but Floyd isn't exactly a big guy either.

You are burning calories when you are working out. And given his lack of body-fat to be used as energy, the body will take from what it is there...muscle.

But again, Yes, I think there is more reason to think it was half/half judging by the pictures than straight 15 pounds of meat. Or even 10 pounds of water and 5 pounds of meat. And if that is the case, 10 pounds of water comes right back on quickly and 5 pounds of meat you can work on through muscle-memory.
He is the one that suggested dehydration was bothering him at first so that is in play for some of that weight (I'm guessing).

I can give you personal examples how I know you can lose weight fast with high activity and low nutrition if you want...but I didn't want to bother you with my life stories.

Overall, I think it may be a Mental thing like someone else suggested. The Weight will come back quickly if it was mostly water-weight but Mentally, he took a shot to his overinflated ego.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #3419
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegriffin View Post
Push ups won't keep your weight on if you are burning more calories than you are consuming.

Don't really think he lost 15 pounds though, as it is hard to imagine someone who is already in good shape lose 15 pounds in that amount of time.

so floyd is just bullshitting us then?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #3420
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so floyd is just bullshitting us then?
Probably how am I meant to know?

Either way he isn't interested in boxing at the minute so it makes no difference what he weighs now.
weegriffin is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum