Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.42%
Disagree 360 51.58%
Voters: 698. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #4351
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
How in the **** did Margarito benefit from having a weight limit?

The **** kinda Kool-Aid you drinking?

The catchweights aren't so much the issue.

Pac fights DLH after he loses to PBF and looks like shit / gets rocked by Steve Forbes (broken orbital)

Pac fights Hatton when Hatton clearly looks like shit, almost getting KO'd in every fight after PBF

Pac fights Margarito after Marg's gets dominated by Mosley and then looks mediocre versus tomato can

Who is Joshua Clottey? To this day, nobody knows why Pac and him fought.

Mosley gets the fight after getting dominated by PBF and looking like horrid shit at 154 vs Mora

Pac fights Cotto after Cotto gets plastered (literally) and is given a gift decision versus Clottey - where Cotto was clearly still NOT recovered from the plastering beating.

Pac gets shit because he fights people who are shadows of themselves. Fighting Bradley was the first time he fought someone in their prime since like JMM 2.

Also, he won't take a blood test.
Pacman is a real fighter. I think he sees the blood tests as games and he really does not want to play the game. he wants to fight. Mayweather knows the blood testing thing is a wall he puts up to prevent the fight from happening. Floyd is waiting for Manny to look old for him to fight him and get him on his resume.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #4352
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

the only catchweight i agree with pacquiao asking for is the oscar fight

cottos wasent needed and the marg fight was an absolute joke
Barrera is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #4353
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
They wanted Mosley at 142 and Shane said ok and they turned it down cuz they were scared.
mosley was looking to good even roach admitted it
Barrera is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #4354
paclapse
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Can someone please confirm this, did he not make Morales come at the same weights when he fought him the first time when Erik clearly wasnt meant for those weights, and is it true he charged these versions of Erik money for every pound he was over or something?
paclapse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #4355
ryan_c
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Funny thing is he asked for Mosley at a catchweight in 2009. Then when he saw him look like nuts vs Mora, he didn't need a catchweight anymore
During that time Pacquiao is not yet proven at 147, they don't even want to fight any fighter at 147.
ryan_c is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #4356
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA - USA
Posts: 1,674
vCash: 1119
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Pacman is a real fighter. I think he sees the blood tests as games and he really does not want to play the game. he wants to fight. Mayweather knows the blood testing thing is a wall he puts up to prevent the fight from happening. Floyd is waiting for Manny to look old for him to fight him and get him on his resume.
I don't get involved in the Floyd/Pac drama because they're both little prima donna faggots. I enjoy watching both compete because they're exciting in their own ways.

But I sure as **** don't do the, "no, he's ducking or they're ducking or he said that and this and that." Both of them are so full of shit it's not even funny.

Also, I don't discuss "the fight" because I don't care about that fight anymore. I won't feed into two egotistical queers who think they're above the sport.

Pac's a rare talent in our era of boxing, but he isn't an ATG. Floyd may have one of the greatest defenses ever, but his resume isn't much better than Pacs.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #4357
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by paclapse View Post
Can someone please confirm this, did he not make Morales come at the same weights when he fought him the first time when Erik clearly wasnt meant for those weights, and is it true he charged these versions of Erik money for every pound he was over or something?
watch the weigh in video for the rematch, morales looked like a kid etheopia

thats why hes legs went long before the TKO in the rematch
Barrera is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #4358
paclapse
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
watch the weigh in video for the rematch, morales looked like a kid etheopia

thats why hes legs went long before the TKO in the rematch
i might be mistaken but Morales was winning in all three scorecards before i think the 6th round when Erik started to tire out
paclapse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #4359
Timothy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South of California and North of Tijuana
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIBB View Post
When and how did floyd ***** out?
When pac was waiting in the wings after a series of wins..

I'm on vacation
I lost my urge

After pac's fight with his opponent

pbf comes our of retirement and says..

I need a tune up fight

after the tune up fight

again manny was waiting..

pac is on drugs

funny thing is that money is on drugs or into something only came out when he was about to fight mayweather.
Timothy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #4360
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by paclapse View Post
i might be mistaken but Morales was winning in all three scorecards before i think the 6th round when Erik started to tire out
from what i remember it was going much like the first until his legs went
Barrera is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #4361
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 1391
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Pacman is a real fighter. I think he sees the blood tests as games and he really does not want to play the game. he wants to fight. Mayweather knows the blood testing thing is a wall he puts up to prevent the fight from happening. Floyd is waiting for Manny to look old for him to fight him and get him on his resume.
I never understood how the blood test was a roadblock to this day. How hard is it for pac to say, "Ok, here is a little blood?" Dam I have given blood LOTS of times, it's not hard. Just do it as it proves you are clean and you get what you want, a fight to prove who is the best of this era.

I think PBF is a bitch and is probably playing mind games, but after seeing pac's reaction, I'm sure he is a little suspicious now.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #4362
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
I don't get involved in the Floyd/Pac drama because they're both little prima donna faggots. I enjoy watching both compete because they're exciting in their own ways.

But I sure as **** don't do the, "no, he's ducking or they're ducking or he said that and this and that." Both of them are so full of shit it's not even funny.

Also, I don't discuss "the fight" because I don't care about that fight anymore. I won't feed into two egotistical queers who think they're above the sport.

Pac's a rare talent in our era of boxing, but he isn't an ATG. Floyd may have one of the greatest defenses ever, but his resume isn't much better than Pacs.
I know what you mean. After awhile I didn't want to discuss it either. For some reason now I talk about it, but do I think it will happen? I don't know. Matters if Floyd thinks Manny is washed up enough to fight him and beat him without a risk, then he has Manny's name on his resume.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #4363
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
I never understood how the blood test was a roadblock to this day. How hard is it for pac to say, "Ok, here is a little blood?" Dam I have given blood LOTS of times, it's not hard. Just do it as it proves you are clean and you get what you want, a fight to prove who is the best of this era.

I think PBF is a bitch and is probably playing mind games, but after seeing pac's reaction, I'm sure he is a little suspicious now.
yeah I know what you mean? I thought the same also what why not do it, but some people have phobias about needles and blood tests and just the thought of it might make Manny get off his game and train different and mentally be out of it. Mayweather has no proof that Manny uses steroids so this seems like just a game to get an advantage to get what he wants.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #4364
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,899
vCash: 75
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIBB View Post
When and how did floyd ***** out?
i lost 15 pounds of pure muscles thats why i could not fight early next year. i need more time.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #4365
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,305
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Pac's best non tainted win is Barrerra, the only other time he fought a great fighter at their weight was his first fight with Morales in which he was schooled and tried blaming it on the gloves...
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013