Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 47.98%
Disagree 386 52.02%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #4786
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

No, because we all know Floyd pussied out from fighting Pac. Guess you haven`t caught up on anything.
Elite is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #4787
THIBB
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Crickets... still...damn! Ok well lets try this. Do You think Manny will leave top rank when his contract is up next year? And if so do u think the mayweather fight will happen? And if he stays with top rank would you look at Manny different?
THIBB is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #4788
THIBB
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
No, because we all know Floyd pussied out from fighting Pac. Guess you haven`t caught up on anything.

When and how did floyd ***** out?
THIBB is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #4789
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather more of a "peoples champ" than Manny will ever be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIBB View Post
Lance! wuts up man? I haven't been on here for a while and I really missed your lack of insight. BUT just for shits and gigs Ill ask ya. Do you have anything to offer in this discussion in the form of educated banter?
Insight? You think you gave any? You're like a little 8yo trying to talk shop with real mechanics
"You put gas in the car, and it runs!!"

If you want educated banter, make an educated post for starters.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #4790
THIBB
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Insight? You think you gave any? You're like a little 8yo trying to talk shop with real mechanics
"You put gas in the car, and it runs!!"

If you want educated banter, make an educated post for starters.
You still didnt give any insight. Just insults. And didnt refute any statement that I made. So Ill move on and count that as you not having a response. Now let me try to appease you: Why do you think Manny hasnt left top rank? Do you think he will leave when his contract is up? And lastly do you think it would be benificial for us fans if he left Top rank?
THIBB is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #4791
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIBB View Post
You still didnt give any insight. Just insults. And didnt refute any statement that I made. So Ill move on and count that as you not having a response. Now let me try to appease you: Why do you think Manny hasnt left top rank? Do you think he will leave when his contract is up? And lastly do you think it would be benificial for us fans if he left Top rank?
Like I said, you didn't give any insight either. There's no more need to refute ANYTHING you said then there is to refute the opinions of a fool. Who ****in cares why Manny has not left Top Rank. Doesn't matter, since Floyd hads made it painfully obvious he wants nothing of Manny. Get with the times noob, living in the past doesn't help anything. You got your response, but your just too stubborn to take it.
And like I said, your ****in boring. EVERYTHING you've asked has been played to death. Change the record FFS....
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #4792
THIBB
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Like I said, you didn't give any insight either. There's no more need to refute ANYTHING you said then there is to refute the opinions of a fool. Who ****in cares why Manny has not left Top Rank. Doesn't matter, since Floyd hads made it painfully obvious he wants nothing of Manny. Get with the times noob, living in the past doesn't help anything. You got your response, but your just too stubborn to take it.
And like I said, your ****in boring. EVERYTHING you've asked has been played to death. Change the record FFS....

Well Im asking because I think the fact that Manny is still with top rank is the main reason the fight has never happened. I dont think either are scared of each other or each others demands. They have both agreed to each others demands. But Top rank has never totally agreed. For instance recently Pac says he will do OSDT and give mayweather a 55/45 split. Koncz (who it seems works more for Bob than Manny) immediatley comes out and says he meant a 45/45 split with the winner getting the additional 10 percent. Mayweather has already said that wont fly earlier in the year. So were back to square one. It seem that through all "negotiations" that Manny agrees to things but his promotional company doesnt. So the reason Why it matters to me is that when floyd, oscar, and cotto left top rank we got the fights that we wanted from them. Since Manny is the only big name who hasnt left top rank yet but his contract is expiring soon. It seems that we may get the fight that we all want if he leaves. My question is do you agree or disagree with my assesment. Or do you have any other insight to add to my observation?
THIBB is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #4793
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Miguel Cotye @ 145

Miguel Cotye weighed in at 146 in his last fight, one pound more than the 145 catchweight. Cotye didn't struggle to hit 146 in the Clottey fight. And he didn't struggle to make the 145 as he himself said the weight wasn't an issue.

Antonio Margarito @ 150

In this fight, Margarito came in at 150 and rehydrated to 165. Pacquiao came in at 144 and rehydrated to 148. Margarito was a beast that fight.

Juan Manual Marquez @ 144

A concession based upon Marquez's demand for a catchweight. Pacquiao weighed in at 143 and rehydrated to 148. Marquez weighed in at 142 and rehydrated to 150. Marquez was the bigger fighter on fight night.

I would give Pacquiao shit if he asked for a catchweight from other welters, but he hasn't. Clottey, Bradley, and Mosley were all at 147. The Margarito and Marquez catchweights benefited the opponent more. The Cotto catchweight wasn't an issue.

So, 3 catchweight fights with 2 benefitting the other guy, how is Pacquiao the Catchweight King?

What If I Lose? is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #4794
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816
Default Re: The Legend of MANNY PACQUIAO: The CATCHWEIGHT KING

Funny thing is he asked for Mosley at a catchweight in 2009. Then when he saw him look like nuts vs Mora, he didn't need a catchweight anymore
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #4795
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Manny is great, but the catchweight stuff was not needed. It diminishes boxing. Reminds me of when Ray Leonard got Lalonde to fight at 168 for Lalondes 175 pound title, and the 168 pound title when Donny was not even fighting at 168.. Ray got two titles for fighting a mediocre champion who was weakened. Deep down I cannot say Ray was a 5 time champion, but on paper he is.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #4796
Run It
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

why is team Pacquiao so selective with weights for their opponents?

fans claim that pac is really a natural 140 pounder, yet he fights marquez @ 144 and then fights bradley @ 147? lol
Run It is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #4797
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Manny is great, but the catchweight stuff was not needed. It diminishes boxing. Reminds me of when Ray Leonard got Lalonde to fight at 168 for Lalondes 175 pound title, and the 168 pound title when Donny was not even fighting at 168.. Ray got two titles for fighting a mediocre champion who was weakened. Deep down I cannot say Ray was a 5 time champion, but on paper he is.
Yup. Ray/Lalonde was a farce, and I'm a huge Leonard fan.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #4798
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

many of the greatest fighters in history have fought at catchweights.

If he is the king of something that ATG's have done throughout history, then he must be that ****ing good
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #4799
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Funny thing is he asked for Mosley at a catchweight in 2009. Then when he saw him look like nuts vs Mora, he didn't need a catchweight anymore
I don't think Pacquiao asked for a catchweight against Mosley. It was Mosley that said he'd come down to 140 to make the fight. But at that time -- 2009 -- Mosley wasn't on his radar.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #4800
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Yup. Ray/Lalonde was a farce, and I'm a huge Leonard fan.
I am a big Ray Leonard fan also. I think he is top 10 ATG, but that Lalonde fight was a way to get two titles in one night and against a weakened fighter. Also Hearns was fighting Kinchen a few nights before, and Ray wanted to match Tommy who won his 5th world title on a Friday, and Ray fought Lalonde on a Monday night. Had it been Michael Spinks I would have respected it more. I am the same as you, I am a huge Leonard fan. Beat all the greats of his era. Hagler,Duran,Hearns,Benitez.
MAG1965 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum