Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 47.98%
Disagree 386 52.02%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #4861
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461
Default Re: Imagine the outcry if Mayweather Jr was going to fight Rios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
if he continues to avoid pacquiao but agrees to fight somebody like rios, then there would be outcry.
While Pac does everything to make the fight happen they are 50/50 to blame for not fighting each other...
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #4862
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default Re: Floyd got wobbled by a Jab from Hatton

The punch doesn't even land.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #4863
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Jab missed you troll!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #4864
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yeah, they clashed legs

/

Pacquiao knocked him out with an overhand left
Hatton landed cleaner in that exchange than I remember. But I highly doubt Floyd was hurt at all.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #4865
kimonerz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1145

.................... fail
kimonerz is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #4866
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
People like to mention that jab but 2 seconds before Mayweather walked onto a right cross which I think is what I think did the damage.

What damage? Floyd lost his balance for 2 seconds. The story ends there.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #4867
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post

What damage? Floyd lost his balance for 2 seconds. The story ends there.
This.

nothing more than mayweather being off balance.
assasin is online now  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #4868
xizor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 425
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

I wish mayweather took more after 50 cent. Mayweather goes to jail for 3 months and comes home and curls up in the fetal position.
50 cent gets shot nine time gets out the hospital and tries to take over the world one mix tape at a time.
Some men are made stronger by adversity and i though Floyd was one of them but his action have been proving other wise.
xizor is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #4869
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member

Hattom landed a counter right than lunged with a jab and got caught with a left hook and Mayweather tripped going backwards.
Midwest_Chopper is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #4870
hernanday
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Floyd had nothing to gain. He fought 2 names not even known to the mainstream public this year and is the highest paid athlete. where is the payoff for fighting pacquiao. Member when Larry holmes said he just wanted to beat up on little people...
-Financial: Even if Floyd gets 200 million for fighting pacquiao assuming its a 350 million dollar fight. Floyd could fight 3 cans a year not get hit and still make 120 million and not take as much damage over those 3 fight as in the 1 pacquiao fight. Floyd will likely retire by 40. The best use of his time would be to fight 3 cans a year, make 120 million a year x5 = 600 million. Pacquiao beats guys pretty badly. Even if mayweather wins he is still going to be bruised and hurt badly. What if Floyd gets a detatched retina in the fight or someother kind of career ender. That's $400 million down the drain in lost earnings.
Taxes: If Floyd knows anything about income taxes he'll know it is better to earn 200 million over 2 years than 200 million in 1 year.
-Greatness: Floyd still has to beat top middle weights, and his win over pacquiao assuming he wins will likely not be able to silent his critics, he will have to beat canelo, golovokin and any other rising star.
-Likeliness to lose: Floyd will have trouble to beat pacquiao, if Floyd brings his best game possible, he will be jabbing and moving, with occasional hooks and uppercuts landing. Pacquiao will basically stalk floyd around the ring and have occasional swarm where he hits mayweather in uncovered areas. Pacquiao hits will likely be large hooks and more powershots, and then the judges will have to decide what they prefer. A guy missing alot but landing a few powershots and many glancing shots, or a guy who is moving and hitting at a high % but with fewer shots that don't hurt as much. I watched the de la hoya fight and had it 116-112 floyd, or Floyd with 8 rounds, and Oscar with 4. Oscar had a similar style to Pac in terms of swarming but Pac won't get tired. and clearly lose 4 rounds in a row at the end like an aging oscar. No judge had floyd higher than a 116-112. . Another judge had Oscar winning 115-113,Meaning that they had floyd losing 7 and osca with 5 and I think the other had floyd up a or 2 point. To me this indicates, even if Floyd wins and beats pacquiao with his A-game, he will still lose the fight. Who the hell wants to fight a fight where even if they win they still lose, because the judge will think or believe and say well some ofpacquiao's wild punches must be getting through like they assumed in the de la hoya fight. I have the de la hoya fight on my dvr, and I can slow it down to frame by frame, and on average it took Oscar about 6-8 punches in a swarm to hit mayweather with a clean punch in which mayweather was rolling in the same direction and it was always a right hand to the top of the head.

Yet despite this, the annoucner is insisting that Oscar is landing, when they are clearly blocked or deflected shots, not to mention how many times Oscar punched floyd in the back and the back of the head. IMO, he should have had points deducted. The only hing I can conclude is to a ringside observer it appeared that De la hoya was landing when he was missing, because there is a clear discord between there comments and what is happening when watching it slowed down. In light of that,short of being the invisible man or running for 12, it is more or less impossible for Floyd to get a fair shake against a swarming type fighter when the judges are inclined to believe misses are landing because of volume.

This is not to take away the fact that IMO, pacquiao would beat mayweather, but even if floyd win's he is not likely to have a decision in his favour and knocking out pac man is highlr unlikely. Put together these facts, the likely loss of future income, the likeliness to lose, the fact that no matter what he can never silence his critics all lead to the what's in it for me? Throw in the fact that pac may, may be doping and that's just 1 less reason to fight him. Sure he will take the test, well so did marion jones and so did many cyclist none of them got caught by test but by other methods ie. admitted to it. Part of the reason why I suspect pac could have used ped is because his massive gain in muscle
hernanday is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #4871
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Please stop saying a "Prime" Mosley or DLH can beat Mayweather, its embarassing

Mayweather vs ODLH 2007

1st time @ 154 for Mayweather

9-3

Mayweather vs Mosley 2009

11-1

It wouldn't make a lick of difference even if Floyd fought Mosley or DLH in their prime from 2000-2002. Floyd would still give them both a BOXING LESSON.

Mosley even with his many years of experience didn't know how to deal with Floyd when Floyd turned it up after those 2 big right hands. In the last 30 secs of R2, even after those 2 right hand bombs, Floyd WAS STILL tuning his ass up.

Sure Mosley was fast and packed power in his prime, but it wouldn't matter. Floyd's granite chin, ability to adapt would give Mosley fits

Same goes for DLH.

DLH fights half the fight flat footed and doesn't have stamina to last the whole 12, he can't deal with Floyd. (Stamina issue evident from the Trinidad, Mosley, Sturm fights)
MVC is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #4872
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816
Default Re: Please stop saying a "Prime" Mosley or DLH can beat Mayweather, its embarassing

Can I just type it instead?
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #4873
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583
Default Re: Please stop saying a "Prime" Mosley or DLH can beat Mayweather, its embarassing

"Prime" Hearns
"Prime" Leonard
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #4874
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639

Mosley..did not want no part of Money, when Mayweather called out him & De la Hoya at ****ing 130lbs...it's funny when Floyd was P4P 1# then Mosley came begging...

Mayweather would have countered the shit out of him...Arum didn't want to put Oscar in with Mayweather because Oscar was his cash cow just like Pacquaio is now...**** these f*gs
Dipset is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #4875
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

floyd would disagree
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum