Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 360 47.49%
Disagree 398 52.51%
Voters: 758. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #6016
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,433
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao says Floyd Mayweather Jr. is "avoiding" him

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so why did floyd and his camp tried no negotiate with the media and accused pac in the press of taking PEDs if he is reaaly serious in taking on pacquiao? that's not negotiating in good faith.

besides, we have all learned that the floyd testing is just an excuse from floyd. when pac agreed fully to the floyd test, floyd has some other excuses like losing his urge, wanting to take his vacations, wanting all the PPV share for himself, not focused on fighting and losing 15 pounds.
What the **** are you asking me?

"so why did floyd and his camp tried no negotiations with the media?"

What?
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #6017
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao says Floyd Mayweather Jr. is "avoiding" him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Hold up brah. Team Pac turned this shit into a circus. Put all opinions to the side and let us all look at facts.

Floyd asked for random testing from the very beginning. Manny got what he wanted and Floyd asked for the testing. Team Pacquiao actually agreed rto do the full testing from the very start and then they backed out on it and wanted cut offs. Floyd went into mediation just to save the fight and offered a 14 day cut off.

Manny himself said that he would do it but he just didn't want to to a blood test the day of the fight. When Manny was told that he had a 14 day window he said that was too close to the fight.

Now anyone in their right mind would think that was suspect and that is when Floyd started talking shit.
Ok.....let's talk about the very beginning....the accusations from Floyd's camp started after Pac destroyed Cotto.....Pac accepted RANDOM testing from the very start but Floyd demanded blood testing ALL they way up to the fight and Pac didn't agree.

#1.....blood testing is MOST effective AFTER a fight.....randomized urine tests is the standard practice for any drug testing agency as its the most efficient way to catch those who use PEDs.

The question is why would Floyd, who talked all this shit about how "one dimensional" Pac was......how easy this fight would be......how over hyped this "midget" is.....how Pac would give him his BIGGEST pay day.....why would he need to create his own special drug tests for such an easy fight that's worth so much money....win, lose or draw?

Some people are Hung up on the blood tests.....and not the fact Pac agreed to RANDOM TESTING from the start.....how many of those caught doping are caught with blood tests?
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #6018
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
"Arum never, ever offered me a fight with Floyd Mayweather" Cotto

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Mosley himself turned down Mayweather.

As for Cotto, he is hopeful that he can get either De La Hoya or Mayweather to agree to a fight. The most money would indeed be there for a fight with De La Hoya, something not lost on Cotto.

"Yeah, I know that Oscar is still a boxer who sells homes on pay-per-view," Cotto said in ever-improving English.

But a win over Mayweather would mean a win against the man perceived by most experts to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. And that's what Cotto really wants. He's just not sure Mayweather wants any part of him.

"If you ask Floyd for a fight with him, he always has an excuse, you know?" Cotto said. "I'm not attractive for him. I don't represent too much money for him."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




and as for mosley and margarito, he let all the relevant WWs at the time to beta each other up before taking on them the same thing he did against cotto. probably the same formula for pac once he decides to fight him.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #6019
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
As for Cotto, he is hopeful that he can get either De La Hoya or Mayweather to agree to a fight. The most money would indeed be there for a fight with De La Hoya, something not lost on Cotto.

"Yeah, I know that Oscar is still a boxer who sells homes on pay-per-view," Cotto said in ever-improving English.

But a win over Mayweather would mean a win against the man perceived by most experts to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. And that's what Cotto really wants. He's just not sure Mayweather wants any part of him.

"If you ask Floyd for a fight with him, he always has an excuse, you know?" Cotto said. "I'm not attractive for him. I don't represent too much money for him."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




and as for mosley and margarito, he let all the relevant WWs at the time to beta each other up before taking on them the same thing he did against cotto. probably the same formula for pac once he decides to fight him.
Mosley got beat up while Floyd retired after Hatton? By whom?
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #6020
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,433
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao says Floyd Mayweather Jr. is "avoiding" him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Ok.....let's talk about the very beginning....the accusations from Floyd's camp started after Pac destroyed Cotto.....Pac accepted RANDOM testing from the very start but Floyd demanded blood testing ALL they way up to the fight and Pac didn't agree.

#1.....blood testing is MOST effective AFTER a fight.....randomized urine tests is the standard practice for any drug testing agency as its the most efficient way to catch those who use PEDs.

The question is why would Floyd, who talked all this shit about how "one dimensional" Pac was......how easy this fight would be......how over hyped this "midget" is.....how Pac would give him his BIGGEST pay day.....why would he need to create his own special drug tests for such an easy fight that's worth so much money....win, lose or draw?

Some people are Hung up on the blood tests.....and not the fact Pac agreed to RANDOM TESTING from the start.....how many of those caught doping are caught with blood tests?
Floyd Mayweather Jr never said shit about Manny until Team Pacquiao started flip flopping about the testing. I don't care what Floyd Sr said after the Cotto fight. He doesn't matter.

Freddie Roach himself stated that Floyd wants OSDT and we said no problem, get him whatever he wants. The fight was a done deal and then Team Pac came back with the cut off offer. The first person to come out into the media regarding negotiations was Bob Arum who lied and said Mayweather never offered a cut off but the judge came out and said Arum lied and Arum had to admit Floyd did.

Manny Pacquiao himself said that he just didn't want to do a blood test the "day' of the fight. When he was told he had a 14 day window with no blood testing he said that was too close to the fight. What is one to think with that shit?
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #6021
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
8 rounds to 4 and I am willing to stay off 30 days if it doesn't happen.
Considering none of their fights have been anything close to that one sided I'll gladly hold you to that bet kid.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #6022
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frekky View Post
Why did it take so long for Americans especially this Flomo-ridden paper to realize this??? Idiots and fanboys of the highest order

First it was the flomo-riding ESPN who realized Floyd was pussified by a midget Asian and now it's USA Today

Maybe some here in Esb will follow suit and finally see the light



[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Good read. i"ve said all along that floyd"s a *****.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #6023
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao says Floyd Mayweather Jr. is "avoiding" him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Ok.....let's talk about the very beginning....the accusations from Floyd's camp started after Pac destroyed Cotto.....Pac accepted RANDOM testing from the very start but Floyd demanded blood testing ALL they way up to the fight and Pac didn't agree.

#1.....blood testing is MOST effective AFTER a fight.....randomized urine tests is the standard practice for any drug testing agency as its the most efficient way to catch those who use PEDs.

The question is why would Floyd, who talked all this shit about how "one dimensional" Pac was......how easy this fight would be......how over hyped this "midget" is.....how Pac would give him his BIGGEST pay day.....why would he need to create his own special drug tests for such an easy fight that's worth so much money....win, lose or draw?

Some people are Hung up on the blood tests.....and not the fact Pac agreed to RANDOM TESTING from the start.....how many of those caught doping are caught with blood tests?
good points. these flomos are so hang up with the first negotiations thta they forgot that it was all started with floyd and his camps accusations. besides, pac didn't reject the floyd test fully and is willing to get tested randomly by urine without any cutoff and blood test until 24 days cut-off and immediately after the fight.

and after that saga, we all knew that these test is really not floyd's main isssue when floyd still pulls out many demands and road blocks after pac fully agreed to this floyd test. floyd now wants all the PPV share, wants to take countelss vacations, has lost urge a couple of times and now could not fight because of a BS excuse of losing 15 pounds.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #6024
hennyguzzla
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Where America's day begins...
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Absolutely terrible... coming from USA Today?!!! Opinionated AND unsupportive of it's own (American) fighter?! At least be neutral and simply quote what was actually said, but that should be it. **** "USA" Today! "USA" Today "don't know shit about boxing!"
hennyguzzla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #6025
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Mosley got beat up while Floyd retired after Hatton? By whom?
you still won't get it? when the WW was waxing hot back in 2006-2009, all these relevant WWs at the time were fighting each other except floyd who is fighting either hatton, on vacation or marquez. when these guys have finished fighting each other, floyd takes on the scrap. hel pacquiao even took a legit WW threat in cotto much earlier in his 2nd year at the weight while floyd took 4/5 years to take one in mosley, who by that time was confirmed shot.

floyd is doing this time and tested formula to fight fighters on the slide or severely damaged. he is also trying to do it now to pacquiao.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #6026
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
you still won't get it? when the WW was waxing hot back in 2006-2009, all these relevant WWs at the time were fighting each other except floyd who is fighting either hatton, on vacation or marquez. when these guys have finished fighting each other, floyd takes on the scrap. hel pacquiao even took a legit WW threat in cotto much earlier in his 2nd year at the weight while floyd took 4/5 years to take one in mosley, who by that time was confirmed shot.

floyd is doing this time and tested formula to fight fighters on the slide or severely damaged. he is also trying to do it now to pacquiao.
Again, who did Mosley get beat up by?

You said yourself the top welters were beating eachother up. Who did Mosley get beat up by?
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #6027
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 75
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

T-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d! Terrified... Floyd Mayweather the boxer of the decade
tobias is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #6028
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Again, who did Mosley get beat up by?

You said yourself the top welters were beating eachother up. Who did Mosley get beat up by?
you get beat up when you consistenty fights the best around your division. these guys were fighting each other up. mosley against vargas, collazo, cotto, margarito. same with cotto with quinatna, margarito, mosley, pacquiao. margarito with williams, cotto, pac, mosley.

floyd let these WWs beat each other up and takes on the scarps later all the while he is on vacation or taking on hatton, marquez or ortiz.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #6029
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias View Post
T-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d! Terrified... Floyd Mayweather the boxer of the decade
floyd is not boxer of the decade. he even has 4 fights in the last half decade alone. maybe the vacationer of the decade will do.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #6030
hennyguzzla
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Where America's day begins...
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
you still won't get it? when the WW was waxing hot back in 2006-2009, all these relevant WWs at the time were fighting each other except floyd who is fighting either hatton, on vacation or marquez. when these guys have finished fighting each other, floyd takes on the scrap. hel pacquiao even took a legit WW threat in cotto much earlier in his 2nd year at the weight while floyd took 4/5 years to take one in mosley, who by that time was confirmed shot.

floyd is doing this time and tested formula to fight fighters on the slide or severely damaged. he is also trying to do it now to pacquiao.

Cotto had just gotten beat up by Antonio and Joshua AND weighed in @ 145.

Who "confirmed" Mosley was shot?! Antonio? Ring Magazine?

I don't know who's ducking who, but you can't say one is acting scary and not the other. And, to say Manny's wins are more legitimate than Floyd's is just stupid.
hennyguzzla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015