Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 47.98%
Disagree 386 52.02%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #6091
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Manny's 8 division Jump is by far his most impressive feat in his career. His resume is stack to the neck of faded big names. Had he beaten them when they are relevant i would gladly say he tops Mayweather but he didn't. Fighting for one of the biggest promoter who own a lot of the top faded and he feeds them to pac throughout his career is not as impressive as fighting prime champions in my eyes.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #6092
santiagoraga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Mayweather intentionally engineered a pseudo-retirement to avoid the best fighters in his weight class when they were at their best...then came out of fake retirement and challenged a couple of those guys after they had been in numerous wars while he was in his fake retirement. For that reason alone, Pacquiao has the better resume. Seriously, what kind of man pulls that type of maneuver? It's almost as pathetic as his sycophantic fanbase who ignore it entirely.
santiagoraga is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #6093
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoraga View Post
Mayweather intentionally engineered a pseudo-retirement to avoid the best fighters in his weight class when they were at their best...then came out of fake retirement and challenged a couple of those guys after they had been in numerous wars while he was in his fake retirement.... It's almost as pathetic as his sycophantic fanbase who ignore it entirely.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #6094
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
He looked like shit against Clottey, Mosley, JMM and Bradley. Margarito fight was entertaining but he got over 200 power punches landed on him. His 8 weight divisions are a joke as well. He's not fighting champs or top guys in the division so lets all just calm down on this hypejob.
Pac shut out Clottey and Mosley (and dropped him, something neither Canelo nor Floyd did; didn't get rocked either unlike FMJ), and beat Bradley wide according to an overwhelming majority. So he didn't entertain, when Floyd does this it's called a masterclass.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #6095
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoraga View Post
Mayweather intentionally engineered a pseudo-retirement to avoid the best fighters in his weight class when they were at their best...then came out of fake retirement and challenged a couple of those guys after they had been in numerous wars while he was in his fake retirement. For that reason alone, Pacquiao has the better resume. Seriously, what kind of man pulls that type of maneuver? It's almost as pathetic as his sycophantic fanbase who ignore it entirely.
Yeah lets ignore everything that pac has obviously done. From his promoter to his trainer.

The suspicous activities of possible doping.
The Fix fight
The cherrypicks from his bosses stable

His fans are dumb as hell. Blind love.

Pac didn't even outsold Floyd and he have the nerve to come out to the public asking for even more money than Floyd has offered.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #6096
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Yeah lets ignore everything that pac has obviously done. From his promoter to his trainer.

The suspicous activities of possible doping.
The Fix fight
The cherrypicks from his bosses stable

His fans are dumb as hell. Blind love.

Pac didn't even outsold Floyd and he have the nerve to come out to the public asking for even more money than Floyd has offered.
Fixed fights? Sounds credible
Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #6097
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
Pac shut out Clottey and Mosley (and dropped him, something neither Canelo nor Floyd did; didn't get rocked either unlike FMJ), and beat Bradley wide according to an overwhelming majority. So he didn't entertain, when Floyd does this it's called a masterclass.
I wasn't aware that Clottey was a world beater and shutting out a human punching bag that was expected was an outstanding performance. So outstanding that it bored me to surf the web while watching it and i had money on it to go 12 rounds.

And yeah he kd Shane wasn't that the hard punching Pac's style? I guess i should give a to Floyd for boxing at a high skill level too right? 1-1 of course not! why give Floyd any credit EVER?!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #6098
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

This should be obvious. Just look at the threads years back, no one thought Pac would go up to WW and dominate.
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #6099
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Fixed fights? Sounds credible
Hmmm... lets see.

Pac's contract almost up and Bob just bought tim bradley who happens to be undefeated. Bradley loss clearly and awarded the victory. HMMM. Arum comes hugging on Tim Bradley despite a highly bogus decision and Pac is completely ok with it?

When Pac lost to Morales, he was crying for a week.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #6100
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I wasn't aware that Clottey was a world beater and shutting out a human punching bag that was expected was an outstanding performance. So outstanding that it bored me to surf the web while watching it and i had money on it to go 12 rounds.

And yeah he kd Shane wasn't hard punching Pac's style? I guess i should give a to Floyd for boxing at a high skill level too right?
Sounds like no disagreement, Pac dominated these 3. FMJ himself had Cotto losing to that punching bag, btw
Old 11-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #6101
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hmmm... lets see.

Pac's contract almost up and Bob just bought tim bradley who happens to be undefeated. Bradley loss clearly and awarded the victory. HMMM. Arum comes hugging on Tim Bradley despite a highly bogus decision and Pac is completely ok with it?

When Pac lost to Morales, he was crying for a week.
Ah I see, you think Pac was in on the Bradley robbery? What was in it for him? I mean, usually you don't count it against the victim...
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #6102
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Sounds like no disagreement, Pac dominated these 3. FMJ himself had Cotto losing to that punching bag, btw

Cotto drop Clottey with a jab and Pac didn't so what? Cotto had a gash over his eye didn't made the fight closer either. Face it, Clottey was a never was and never will.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #6103
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ah I see, you think Pac was in on the Bradley robbery? What was in it for him? I mean, usually you don't count it against the victim...

Of course he is in it. You saw the unsurprise look on his face. And the guilty demaneanor of his boss. Whats in it for him is that he is flat broke so he obeyed the hand that fed him.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #6104
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cotto drop Clottey with a jab and Pac didn't so what? Cotto had a gash over his eye didn't made the fight closer either. Face it, Clottey was a never was and never will.
And despite the KD, barely got by him. According to Floyd himself, needed a hometown decision. According to Atlas, the punching bag had Cotto ready for the taking
Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #6105
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Hey Pactards celebrated when he came out for a public interview about how he is willing to fight for 55-45. AFTER HE LOST TO BRADLEY, AFTER FLOYD OUTSOLD HIM AGAIN. And the finger pointing is on Floyd. If anything FLoyd should ask for 65-35 with that Top Rank NON-SENSE.

But wait when Floyd ask for Blood test and Pac says no. Pactards still celebrate. I really like how they can turn everything in favor of Pac. Avoiding drug test is also Floyd's fault.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum