Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.35%
Disagree 361 51.65%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #616
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Nice to see reasons why one picks one over the other.

Seems the FLoyd fanboy way is just to post "Floyd" and that's it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
Want to give us your answer to the question Lance?
Dude this was on like page 2 and you've posted multiple times on this thread since then. Why give shit to all these other posters yet in 17 pages YOU still haven't even answered the question, let along give examples.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #617
evilsherwin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
Like I said before. Andre Ward is more versatile, but not better than Pacquiao.
Also how is using one strategy the whole fighting shwoing versatility?

And Manny couldn't adjust to avoid that punch. Floyd did and that shows his versatility.

Watch this
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I cant watch Vids at work

I assume we still talking about clottey here.. Pac didnt need to change his gameplan, he won every round. You dont have to show versatility in every fight, you show it when its needed

Your vid seems to be about Floyd vs mosely, we where talking about clottey werent we? who fmj hasnt fought

If you compare Pac & fmj vs mosely, Pac won more handsomely and scared the beejesus out of mosely, mosely ran the whole fight.

Pac didnt lose one round and kds mosely, and no one has run away from Floyd like mosely has from pac in a long time, no one has shelled up against floyd like clottey shelled up against pac. Not in a long time..

Pac gets hit more because he likes to get into exchanges, Pac know hes at his best when exchanging IMO, sometime he even invites and takes the punches to get someone to exchange ie Clottey, Cotto & mosely. Which some ppl say is a version of rope a dope
evilsherwin is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #618
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
don't confuse versatility with adaptability.
You're the one confused
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #619
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Dude this was on like page 2 and you've posted multiple times on this thread since then. Why give shit to all these other posters yet in 17 pages YOU still haven't even answered the question, let along give examples.
I missed that post from you, sorry. Guess that happens when you get into a pissing contest with an idiot. I do generally try to answer people who ask me specifically about something. And since I ask a bunch of questions, only common courtesy to return the gesture. Thanks for the bump.

As for who I think is more versitile, well, it's actually pretty hard to make a guess. Both Pac and Floyd aren't called on to change their game plans much, if at all. These two guys, more then anyone else, have stayed on their games throughout fights. So what makes one more versitile then the other? Seems to me, all you need to be is more skilled. Or fight in a more conventional manner technically. That's why so many Floyd fans here seem to have freakd out if anyone suggests Pac is. I will say this, we've seen Pac brawl with the best. Box with the best. He can fight very well defensively when needed, or he can counter when he needs to. But he rarely needs to do that, since his game plan works. And the same goes for Floyd.

Who's more versitile? Take your pick. This isn't a serious thread anyway, it's a "Who do you like better" thread, like all of them ultimately are.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #620
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
You didn't provide any humble reasoning. Quoted me did an emote and left. Grow a pair.
Way to miss the point of your own quotes.

“In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual”. ~ Galileo Galilei

This thread is up because science needs more than just one person's answers, the only problem is you can't handle how the poll results are going. The general vote isn't lining up with your own individual humble reasoning. Learn to understand the junk you quote, pseudo intellectual.

Anyways,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
We will ignore that the ****ing coward OP didn't have the balls to call me out in the thread. Grow some balls you ****ing *****.
Aren't you supposed to shut up and try to get everyone to ignore me since this thread I started makes your ***** hurt?
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #621
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Who's more versitile? Take your pick. This isn't a serious thread anyway, it's a "Who do you like better" thread, like all of them ultimately are.
It's only like the way you mentioned for people who have no understanding of boxing and make no attempt to understand.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #622
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
It's only like the way you mentioned for people who have no understanding of boxing and make no attempt to understand.
It's like that becasue this is a message board full of idiots who make them turn out that way.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #623
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
I missed that post from you, sorry. Guess that happens when you get into a pissing contest with an idiot. I do generally try to answer people who ask me specifically about something. And since I ask a bunch of questions, only common courtesy to return the gesture. Thanks for the bump.

As for who I think is more versitile, well, it's actually pretty hard to make a guess. Both Pac and Floyd aren't called on to change their game plans much, if at all. These two guys, more then anyone else, have stayed on their games throughout fights. So what makes one more versitile then the other? Seems to me, all you need to be is more skilled. Or fight in a more conventional manner technically. That's why so many Floyd fans here seem to have freakd out if anyone suggests Pac is. I will say this, we've seen Pac brawl with the best. Box with the best. He can fight very well defensively when needed, or he can counter when he needs to. But he rarely needs to do that, since his game plan works. And the same goes for Floyd.

So you believe there's no real/right answer, it's a thread about 'who do you like better', but decide to give shit to Floyd posters for not posting a reason for their choice? Ok...
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #624
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
That's why he did KO a bloated JMM right?

And he also KOd Mosley right?

Floyd is so great that he needs that drug test eh homie?

I know... You're one fuken boxing guru.
huh...

this dummy has never stepped foot into a boxing gym, clearly..

Just cuz he didn't ko Shane or Pac doesn't mean he can't ko Pac man..

wow u really are pretty ignorant aren't you...

Try learning the phrase "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS" MAN.

PAC RUNS IN YOU FUKIN DUMMY..HE LEAVES HIMSELF MUCH MORE EXPOSED THAN MOSLEY OR JMM WHEN HE RUNS IN...

Till you learn to debate I own you on ESB

The reason I own you is cuz you don't respond to my posts with valid facts with opinions to back em...

Now please respond with something more than just "fuk you flomo" cuz that doesn't win the debate for you unfortunately..

Your very easy to own in a debate on this website..

I'm not in the talkin $hit thing like you (wthout keeping it boxing oriented) cuz I do that to peoples faces when I have to..

You should try it too.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #625
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 5200

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsherwin View Post
I cant watch Vids at work

I assume we still talking about clottey here.. Pac didnt need to change his gameplan, he won every round. You dont have to show versatility in every fight, you show it when its needed

Your vid seems to be about Floyd vs mosely, we where talking about clottey werent we? who fmj hasnt fought

If you compare Pac & fmj vs mosely, Pac won more handsomely and scared the beejesus out of mosely, mosely ran the whole fight.

Pac didnt lose one round and kds mosely, and no one has run away from Floyd like mosely has from pac in a long time, no one has shelled up against floyd like clottey shelled up against pac. Not in a long time..

Pac gets hit more because he likes to get into exchanges, Pac know hes at his best when exchanging IMO, sometime he even invites and takes the punches to get someone to exchange ie Clottey, Cotto & mosely. Which some ppl say is a version of rope a dope
I showed the video because it is breaking down how Mayweather got caught against Mosley and how he adjusted and dajusted to it and Mosley never landed the punch again while Clottey kept hitting Pac with the right hands.
Though Ph|lla did make a good point that maybe Pac wasn't worried about the punch, but he has been hit with it repeadley before in the past by it espcially against Morales and Marquez
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #626
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

good post, but I disagree greatly with that last part. Look at the poll results and re think that.
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #627
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
So you believe there's no real/right answer, it's a thread about 'who do you like better', but decide to give shit to Floyd posters for not posting a reason for their choice? Ok...

Hey, I gave my answer and my reason. There isn't just some simple answer to this. It's actually kinda vague and depends on what one considers versitile. But if you don't mind one word answers to these types, then that's you. And besides, if you are being completly honest, you'd see that the one word answers are basically all for Floyd. I'm not the post police. Sure I pick on Floyd fanboys, but there's plenty on the opposite side who do the same to Pac fans.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #628
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
good post, but I disagree greatly with that last part. Look at the poll results and re think that.
I don't have any problems with people who think Floyd ir more versitile. He might be. My problem is with punk drive by posters. But ESB polls don't mean much really. Been here long enough to know that.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #629
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

My opinion is based on what I truly think..

Wether or not "I like" Floyd has 0 to do with it..

His skillz in the ring are undeniable.

Lmfao..."this thread is a who do you like better"...cmon now....u can resort to that rebuttal in any post ....

Lets get it right and stay on with facts and strong opinions with strong backing points!
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #630
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't have any problems with people who think Floyd ir more versitile. He might be. My problem is with punk drive by posters. But ESB polls don't mean much really. Been here long enough to know that.
i got what you mean. Some guys are just picking based of of who they like more and are getting upset at anybody picking differently. It's a legit arguement and Philla made some decent points supporting Pac, but I guess most people favor Floyd in this one
Ripper11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum