Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.35%
Disagree 361 51.65%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #856
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
I'm not knocking anyone who voted for Floyd as being more versatile. I just have a different perspective on how I'm basing my opinion. Versatility has many different layers and elements that have to be considered....but too many cats on here are just regurgitating what they heard and not thinking about all the variables. I see that a lot here....most cant' nor won't implement critical thinking when they are so emotionally tied to their "favorite" fighter.

Floyd versatility has helped him not lose but it's PAC's versatility that has helped him reach the highest level of the sweet science. He's dominating and is the best fighter of this generation based on what's he's done and how he's done it. You don't get to this stage being One demensional.

PAC's been hurt, stunned and losing only to adapt, adjust and come back to win....and he's doing that against guys on the ELITE level. Floyd does that too but his resume indicates he's not testing himself against the toughest of opposition. He's got Corrales, DLH, Mosley and JLC. Those are the ELITES but I'm actually being nice adding in Diego and JLC.
What is with some people? Nobodies saying he's one dimensional. The problem with 50 people in this thread is that TO THEM, saying Floyd is more versatile is someone taken as a slight against Pac. And that has not one damn thing to do with what this thread is about. Each fighters opposition up to this point isn't the issue either. Its about VERSATILITY.

Book Definition: capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks.

So keep it simple. What can Manny do effectively that Floyd can't. Well other than throw ridiculously fast combos there ain't much else(punching power doesn't count as a skill, your born with it, either you have it or you don't).

What can Floyd do effectively that Manny can't. Fight on the inside, fight on the backfoot, cut off the ring, defend(that's being nice).

Floyd is more versatile. End of story.

papadoc28 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #857
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoc28 View Post
What is with some people? Nobodies saying he's one dimensional. The problem with 50 people in this thread is that TO THEM, saying Floyd is more versatile is someone taken as a slight against Pac. And that has not one damn thing to do with what this thread is about. Each fighters opposition up to this point isn't the issue either. Its about VERSATILITY.

Book Definition: capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks.

So keep it simple. What can Manny do effectively that Floyd can't. Well other than throw ridiculously fast combos there ain't much else(punching power doesn't count as a skill, your born with it, either you have it or you don't).

What can Floyd do effectively that Manny can't. Fight on the inside, fight on the backfoot, cut off the ring, defend(that's being nice).

Floyd is more versatile. End of story.

the bold is the real issue like you said...to one up Floyd over Pac on anything they take it personal and go into defense mode....its pretty clear who is the more versatile of the two....that does not mean Pac can't hang in a fight....even though i still got Floyd handing him his worse ass whooping he will ever see in his career.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 AM   #858
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
sup wit yo rebuttal philla..

aint been on like this in a minute but u becoming more n more "pactard"

face it man u just wrong in your analysis...the only way for u to win is for pac to take the drug tests (in which case PACTARDS lose) and for Manny to win..

We both know floyds reach is too much as is his timing

Floyd knocks YOUR boy in 9..not even a hard fight really

when it happens i bet you a lifetime ban bet that at least 4 pac fans will make excuses...

whada ya say?

or do u know im right, when i say if floyd wins, ya boys will make excuses n not give credit
that fight is far from here.

I think Pac beats Floyd, but it's a close fight. I still think Floyd has the size advantage on Pac because Pac only comes in the ring around 148. So Pac has to beat not only Floyd but also the size.

if you're so sure about your pick, I can make a lifetime bet with you that Floyd will not stop Pacquiao.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #859
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
that fight is far from here.

I think Pac beats Floyd, but it's a close fight. I still think Floyd has the size advantage on Pac because Pac only comes in the ring around 148. So Pac has to beat not only Floyd but also the size.

if you're so sure about your pick, I can make a lifetime bet with you that Floyd will not stop Pacquiao.
so is this your excuse if he loses?

what if Floyd don't impose his so significant size advantage...whats the excuse then?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 AM   #860
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
so is this your excuse if he loses?

what if Floyd don't impose his so significant size advantage...whats the excuse then?
Is saying that Floyd is bigger than Manny an excuse or a fact? Pac comes in at 148lbs on fight night, Floyd much more than that. It's not some bullshit excuse I'm making up.

Floyd won't use his size to impose himself on Pacquiao but he might use his size to prevent Pacquiao from imposing himself on Floyd.

Anyways I expect Pac to win anyways so I'll give Floyd credit if he does better than what I expect like I always do.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #861
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Is saying that Floyd is bigger than Manny an excuse or a fact? Pac comes in at 148lbs on fight night, Floyd much more than that. It's not some bullshit excuse I'm making up.

Floyd won't use his size to impose himself on Pacquiao but he might use his size to prevent Pacquiao from imposing himself on Floyd.

Anyways I expect Pac to win anyways so I'll give Floyd credit if he does better than what I expect like I always do.
margarito couldn't use his size on pac, how the **** can mayweather use his size against pac.

Mayweather gonna use his size to help his defence?

The only thing mayweather would use is his skill, that's it.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #862
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
margarito couldn't use his size on pac, how the **** can mayweather use his size against pac.

Mayweather gonna use his size to help his defence?

The only thing mayweather would use is his skill, that's it.
Margarito and Floyd have completely different styles. As a defensive fighter you can use your size and strength to keep your opponent off balance and prevent him from getting inside or to tie him up when he gets in range to make damage.

A quick jab against a smaller fighter might stop him in his tracks whereas that same punch against a bigger stronger fighter might not.

Not just for Pacquiao / Maywaether the same thing applies to everyone. A good example I can think of is Arce vs Mijares.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #863
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Margarito and Floyd have completely different styles. As a defensive fighter you can use your size and strength to keep your opponent off balance and prevent him from getting inside or to tie him up when he gets in range to make damage.

A quick jab against a smaller fighter might stop him in his tracks whereas that same punch against a bigger stronger fighter might not.
A quick jab is skill not size.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #864
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

so what he has fought fighters bigger than Floyd and won handidly...size shouldnt matter as it isnt a gigantic size disparity.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #865
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Yeah you could if the boxer you're facing is a shit boxer. If a boxer can't control his balance based on his opponents size that doesn't show much versatility does it Philla?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #866
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
you know why he's playing the size card.....he knows why as well...him and his favorite fighter keep excuses locked and loaded.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #867
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
you missed the point. That same jab landing on a bigger opponent might not be enough to keep him off, but it might be enough to stop a smaller opponent in his tracks. That's where size comes in.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #868
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah you could if the boxer you're facing is a shit boxer. If a boxer can't control his balance based on his opponents size that doesn't show much versatility does it Philla?
Like I said I expect Pacquiao to win despite the disadvantage. And it's not like he's facing just anyone, I've always said that Mayweather is a great boxer.

And what you said kind of indicates you have a low opinion of Floyd. You think he can only use his size to keep his opponent off balance if he's facing a shit boxer?
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #869
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
you know why he's playing the size card.....he knows why as well...him and his favorite fighter keep excuses locked and loaded.
I just find it ironic, that pac has beaten bigger men than floyd, more aggressive men than floyd, yet it's floyd size that would win him the fight against pac. This shit is just retarded.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #870
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Like I said is it an excuse that Pacquiao is smaller or a fact? Pac comes in at 148lbs on fight night. It's not some bullshit I'm making up.
PH|LLA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum