Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.35%
Disagree 361 51.65%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #9436
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Manny willing to do USADA now? I'll never get it. Need answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
Yeah the lil guy deserves to be the laughingstock after that bullshit. Glad he finally got off the canvas and decided to fight again. Of course it's against another face first, dumb brawler but since he's been playing Rip Van Pacquiao for a year I'll give him a pass.
What do you mean it was 30, 24, then 14?

Manny was negotiating.

Those numbers were different, because Floyd wouldn't agree.

Floyd wanted him to be tested all the way up to the day of the fight.

Manny said no, and then countered with a number of days. Floyd didn't agree, so they tried to negotiate something else.

1. Why Did Floyd want Manny to be tested in the first place, when no other fighter has had an issue fighting Manny?

2. Why did Floyd after 13 years as a pro, suddenly decide that he wanted to clean up the sport?

3. When Manny finally gave in to all of Floyd's testing demands, and gave Floyd what he'd wanted all along, why did Floyd prevent the fight from happening by demanding the entire PPV revenue, from what would have been the biggest grossing fight of all time?

And you're calling Manny a laughing stock?

What planet are you living on?

Manny's a laughing stock, but you don't hold Floyd responsible in any way for the fight not taking place?

Ha!

Cool!
Loudon is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #9437
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Why is Manny willing to do USADA now? I'll never get it. Need answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
What do you mean it was 30, 24, then 14?

Manny was negotiating.

Those numbers were different, because Floyd wouldn't agree.

Floyd wanted him to be tested all the way up to the day of the fight.

Manny said no, and then countered with a number of days. Floyd didn't agree, so they tried to negotiate something else.

1. Why Did Floyd want Manny to be tested in the first place, when no other fighter has had an issue fighting Manny?

2. Why did Floyd after 13 years as a pro, suddenly decide that he wanted to clean up the sport?

3. When Manny finally gave in to all of Floyd's testing demands, and gave Floyd what he'd wanted all along, why did Floyd prevent the fight from happening by demanding the entire PPV revenue, from what would have been the biggest grossing fight of all time?

And you're calling Manny a laughing stock?

What planet are you living on?

Manny's a laughing stock, but you don't hold Floyd responsible in any way for the fight not taking place?

Ha!

Cool!
And why did he need a cutoff?
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #9438
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

mrjotatp4p,

Good post. You've made some good points, and I'll gladly debate with you, without trading insults.

Quote:
Tards give it a ****ing rest. Be happy that Manny is finally doing the damn testing.

Now let me go ahead and shoot you in the head and stop the suffering right now.

First of all when this fight first came to the table everyone and their momma thought it would be difficult to make and thought that money would be an issue bc of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Floyd agreed to a 50/50 split.

Floyd's handlers thought Manny may be on something bc they seen him knocked out and stunned in the lower weights but was taking punches from guys who walk around at 155+. That's fine if they thought that. So Floyd asked that both he and Manny do bllod and urine random testing up until the day of the fight.
The thing here, is that you make it sound as though Floyd just asked Manny to be tested.

But Floyd Snr labelled him as a cheater, and Floyd jumped on board and ran with it. Manny's name was dragged through the mud.

Quote:
Now here is the issue. Manny Pacquiao and his team agreed to do the testing from the very start. There is even a video of Roach saying lets do it and give Mayweather whatever he wants. Then for some reason after agreeing to do the testing Team Pacquiao pulled out from that and wanted 3 test. One when the fight was announced, one 30 days out and one right after the fight. My question is, why did they pull away from full testing after they agreed to do it in the first place bc Floyd had already agreed and he himself said he signed ?
This is my honest take of the situation. I can assure you I'm not a Pactard, as I don't particularly like him, and the fight with Oscar and the 150 one with Marg made me sick.

I honestly believe that the reason for backtracking, was to not give into Floyd's demands after the way he'd been treated. I think somewhere down the line, Manny said "**** him! I'm not being dictated to by him."

So Manny came back with a counter offer, and also said that he'd be willing to take a test straight after the fight.

Floyd then said no to Manny's original counter offer, and then they went back and forth on the various cut off days.

Now if Manny was guilty, and he was taking things, then how would things have played out in camp?

In a 9 week camp, with a 21 day cut off, he couldn't have done anything for the first 6 weeks, if he could be randomly tested in that time frame.

If he was willing to be tested after the fight, then he couldn't have taken anything within the last week either.

So realistically, that means his window of opportunity would have been about 2- 2.5 weeks.

How would he have benefited by doing that?

What would have been the point in taking PEDS for 2 weeks out of a 9 week camp?

Look at it logically.

The only other thing to consider is, he was taking PEDS all year round, and they'd still have been in his system, even after having a 9 week break. That's a theory, but I don't really believe it.

That's why we need random all year round testing for every pro fighter.

Quote:
Floyd even agreed to have a mediator come in to work things out. Arum pulled out of that bc he got pissed but later came back to negotiate. Team Pacquiao wanted a 24 day cut off and Floyd wanted 14 day cut off. Team Pc walked away.
You can look at things from different perspectives.

You can say Manny was at fault for the fight not taking place, because he didn't agree to Floyd's demands, or you could say, Floyd should never have demanded them in the first place. You could also say that Floyd could have accepted Manny's 24 day cut off proposal, but he didn't.

In the end, Manny finally gave into Floyd's demands, giving him what he'd wanted all along, and then what happened?

The fight still didn't take place. Instead of going all out to make the fight, Floyd demanded the entire PPV revenue, in what would have been the biggest grossing fight of all time. Those actions killed the fight from taking place.

Quote:
Now here is the bullshit about Manny. Manny himself stated, "that he will take the test but he doesn't want to do it on the day of the fight." Now the day means that actual ****ing day. Now if he doesn't want to do it the day of the fight then why the **** do you say no to the 14 day cut off? That is what made Manny look suspect.
He said he didn't want to give blood that close to the fight, but he'd be willing to take a test straight afterwards. He was also willing to take a urine test at any point.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #9439
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
14 day charge by schaeffer was not true and that's why pac rejected schaeffer's 14 day offer.

pac thought it was 30 days but when they reviewed records, he actually had his blood drawn 24 days before his hatton fight. pac was then agreeable to move from 30 to 24 days during mediation.

search for the article a week after mediation where floyd stated that he wants to whoop pac's punk ass and that he's again offering the 14 days.
only cause he got caught in a lie he had no choice but to move. pactards
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #9440
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

drug testing just wasn't an issue when he was 1st offered OSDT. No one was doing it. And Manny wasn't fussed about doing it.

I'm a big believer that the fight wouldn't have happned anyway because that 1st round was in 2008. They spent 4 years re negotiating, and Manny has been fine with drug testing in every other negotiations, but these idiots on both side kept finding more and more reasons why they can't fight.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #9441
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
mrjotatp4p,

Good post. You've made some good points, and I'll gladly debate with you, without trading insults.

The thing here, is that you make it sound as though Floyd just asked Manny to be tested.

But Floyd Snr labelled him as a cheater, and Floyd jumped on board and ran with it. Manny's name was dragged through the mud.

This is my honest take of the situation. I can assure you I'm not a Pactard, as I don't particularly like him, and the fight with Oscar and the 150 one with Marg made me sick.

I honestly believe that the reason for backtracking, was to not give into Floyd's demands after the way he'd been treated. I think somewhere down the line, Manny said "**** him! I'm not being dictated to by him."

So Manny came back with a counter offer, and also said that he'd be willing to take a test straight after the fight.

Floyd then said no to Manny's original counter offer, and then they went back and forth on the various cut off days.

Now if Manny was guilty, and he was taking things, then how would things have played out in camp?

In a 9 week camp, with a 21 day cut off, he couldn't have done anything for the first 6 weeks, if he could be randomly tested in that time frame.

If he was willing to be tested after the fight, then he couldn't have taken anything within the last week either.

So realistically, that means his window of opportunity would have been about 2- 2.5 weeks.

Look at it logically.

The only other thing to consider is, he was taking PEDS all year round, and they'd still have been in his system, even after having a 9 week break. That's a theory, but I don't really believe it.

You can say Manny was at fault for the fight not taking place, because he didn't agree to Floyd's demands, or you could say, Floyd should never have demanded them in the first place. You could also say that Floyd could have accepted Manny's 24 day cut off proposal, but he didn't.

In the end, Manny finally gave into Floyd's demands, giving him what he'd wanted all along, and then what happened?

The fight still didn't take place. Instead of going all out to make the fight, Floyd demanded the entire PPV revenue, in what would have been the biggest grossing fight of all time. Those actions killed the fight from taking place.

He said he didn't want to give blood that close to the fight, but he'd be willing to take a test straight afterwards. He was also willing to take a urine test at any point.
manny's name wasn't dragged through the mud wow you sound like such a drama queened out little bitch. why u repeating this same bullshit over and over again. creating fake reasons
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #9442
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
mrjotatp4p,

Look at it logically.

In the Kenny interview he said he just doesn't want to doit on the day of the fight.

Kenny responded by saying, "Manny you have two whole weeks without testing."

Manny's response to that was, "thats too close to the fight."
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #9443
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
correction....pac was open to urine test at anytime all the way to fight day.
so was lance armstrong
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #9444
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
And why did he need a cutoff?
Wow!

You've swerved my questions again, what a surprise!

I don't think that he did NEED a cut off. Not to hide anything. I think it was done just to not give into Floyd's demands.

It doesn't make an ounce of sense that he needed it to hide anything.

Let's break it down and look at it logically.

Everyone has a side on here, and nobody has broken it down using logic.

If Manny needed a cut off to hide taking PEDS, then how would it have benefited him?

You can apply the following logic to any of the days mentioned.

Either 30 days, 24, days, 14 days, it makes no difference.

If Floyd had agreed to the 21 day cut off.

Manny would of had a 9 week camp.

Weeks 1-6 he couldn't have taken anything, because he'd have been randomly tested.

Weeks 6-9 he'd have been free to do as he pleases.

But he was willing to be tested straight after the fight.

Really that rules out taking anything in week 9. He'd have beeen taking a big risk by doing that.

So, he'd really only have been free to take things in weeks 6-8.

That would be his only clear window.

Just those 2 weeks.

Now again, what benefit would he have gained by taking PEDS for only 2 weeks in a 9 week period?

If it was a 14 day cut off, he'd only have had a 1 week window.

Again, you can apply the same logic to any number.

So it's over to you.

Tell me in your honest opinion, what benefits he would have gained?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #9445
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
In the Kenny interview he said he just doesn't want to doit on the day of the fight.

Kenny responded by saying, "Manny you have two whole weeks without testing."

Manny's response to that was, "thats too close to the fight."
You haven't countered anything that I've said.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #9446
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #9447
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
manny's name wasn't dragged through the mud wow you sound like such a drama queened out little bitch. why u repeating this same bullshit over and over again. creating fake reasons
Ash, you bore me, because I'm not able to have an intelligent debate with you.

Why don't you try and give an honest answer to post 265.

I'm serious. Read post 265, and come back to me with an intelligent response.

If you want a proper debate I'll oblige you.

If his name hadn't been dragged through the mud, and it hadn't gotten to him, then why did he sue for defamation of character??

Last edited by Loudon; 05-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #9448
Ari Gold Bawse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 899

off the juice now
Ari Gold Bawse is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #9449
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Can anyone actually answer the question
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #9450
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ash, you bore me, because I'm not able to have an intelligent debate with you.

Why don't you try and give an honest answer to post 265.

I'm serious. Read post 265, and come back to me with an intelligent response.

If you want a proper debate I'll oblige you.

If is name hadn't been dragged through the mud, and it hadn't gotten to him, then why did he sue for defamation of character??
mannys team had so many excuses for needing cutoffs i actually lost track so youd have to ask manny
ashl3y72 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum