Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 47.98%
Disagree 386 52.02%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #1051
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
Its not even a question of if not. Its a lot more. Stats donít lie. Manny has knocked down, busted up, and shut down more real welterweights with his counter punching than Floyd has.
Yeah, and when he fought skilled guys, he got ****en busted up. He got busted up by guys 'past it' at that. And he got busted up a lil bit by a guy who threw 6 punches the whole fight. Again, where was the versatility against JMM and Morales?
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #1052
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This vid is good to see just how much counter punching Manny does.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You will see that much of his punching is actually counter punching. But unlike Floyd and other "slick" boxers he counters in bunches and then presses the advantage. What most of the posers mistake for offense is actually counter punching followed by offense.
Pacquiao busted Margarito up, Shane knocked him the **** out. Who beat who up worse. You have no point
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #1053
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
Obviously Pacquiao. He has won, lost and drawn. Mayweather has only won. One-dimensional.
Man if you don't get this Skippy peanut butter answer outta here
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #1054
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
This vid is good to see just how much counter punching Manny does.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You will see that much of his punching is actually counter punching. But unlike Floyd and other "slick" boxers he counters in bunches and then presses the advantage. What most of the posers mistake for offense is actually counter punching followed by offense.
PAC is definitley a more versatile offensive force than Floyd where Floyd defensively has more depth.

I think most see Floyd as more versatile based on what the mass perception is of him and his style.

There's not question Floyd is versatile and based on his ability to adapt and conform to each of his opponents the polls are the way they are.

I will say this....Floyd's DEFENSIVE versatility is more dynamic than PAC's offensive versatility.....meaning he has more avenues defensively than PAC when it comes to his offense.

But both men are very versatile fighters who use their best qualities to dominate the sport. I just see these two men as very different fighters with very different qualities.....it makes it more difficult to have this kind of debate having such different fighters.

But the masses have spoke with regards to the poll....it's clear the majority feel Floyd is more versatile as I expected. I just have a different perspective.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #1055
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
PAC is definitley a more versatile offensive force than Floyd where Floyd defensively has more depth.

I think most see Floyd as more versatile based on what the mass perception is of him and his style.

There's not question Floyd is versatile and based on his ability to adapt and conform to each of his opponents the polls are the way they are.

I will say this....Floyd's DEFENSIVE versatility is more dynamic than PAC's offensive versatility.....meaning he has more avenues defensively than PAC when it comes to his offense.

But both men are very versatile fighters who use their best qualities to dominate the sport. I just see these two men as very different fighters with very different qualities.....it makes it more difficult to have this kind of debate having such different fighters.

But the masses have spoke with regards to the poll....it's clear the majority feel Floyd is more versatile as I expected. I just have a different perspective.
Versatility is fighting multiple ways. There is no more versatility offensively and more versatility defensively when judging a fighters versatility
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #1056
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Floyd is way more the accurate puncher because he is versitile and can adpat to his oppponent's style. Floyd can exploit his opponents mistakes and create offense.

Flat out lie. Look at their recent compubox stats. Manny consistently lands his power shots at a higher connect %.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #1057
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz42 View Post
Yeah, and when he fought skilled guys, he got ****en busted up. He got busted up by guys 'past it' at that. And he got busted up a lil bit by a guy who threw 6 punches the whole fight. Again, where was the versatility against JMM and Morales?
Cotto is past it? He is looking great as 154. Shut the **** up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Who has Manny knocked down @ 147lbs?
Lance beat me too it. Now please tell us who Floyd has knocked down. Little reminder Hatton and Mitchell weren't real welter weights.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #1058
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz42 View Post
Versatility is fighting multiple ways. There is no more versatility offensively and more versatility defensively when judging a fighters versatility
I would call versatility a macro concept. What approach are you using to win the fight. The only time Floyd was forced to change approaches he got ****ing dropped by Judah.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #1059
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cotto is past it? He is looking great as 154. Shut the **** up!

Lance beat me too it. Now please tell us who Floyd has knocked down. Little reminder Hatton and Mitchell weren't real welter weights.
YOU mentioned Cotto you ****en tard
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #1060
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I would call versatility a macro concept. What approach are you using to win the fight. The only time Floyd was forced to change approaches he got ****ing dropped by Judah.
You're just a ****ing troll Neeeeeext
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #1061
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Cotto better go fight a real threat after he gets his vengeance on antonio. Cotto, being a "top guy", shouldn't have fought an over the hill Mayorga.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #1062
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Cotto better go fight a real threat after he gets his vengeance on antonio. Cotto, being a "top guy", shouldn't have fought an over the hill Mayorga.
cotto has fought more real threats at welter than floyd.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #1063
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
cotto has fought more real threats at welter than floyd.
Is Cotto still a welterweight? Get Floyd's black wiener out of your tight pinoy bunghole.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #1064
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Is Cotto still a welterweight? Get Floyd's black wiener out of your tight pinoy bunghole.
all of floyd's black wiener is yours, you racist cunt.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #1065
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
His counter punching is clearly more effective. By rounds 7 & 8 his opponents are afraid to throw and often busted up. How often does that happen with Floyd at this weight?

You think that Floyd's counter punching is pretty and slick. I dont give a shit that don't mean shit. Manny's is more effective and it is clearly more effective even to the dumbest of posers that is all that matters.
Floyd's opponents get afraid to throw also.
Manny busts up his opponents more because he has more power and punches more, not because he's a better counter puncher. Come on man
bballchump11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum