Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #1456
edsel606
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Floyd peed his pants when Margo confronted him

So I say it's Pac haha
edsel606 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #1457
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,548
vCash: 835
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

they both have beaten some very good fighters

beating the 3 mexicans at feather may be the difference

floyd beat some great fighters but then again Manny did beat the same guys plus a few more

tough to say cause Manny has fought more fights over more weights
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #1458
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Pacquiao has more big names. Too bad every name comes with:

*Past prime
*Catchweight
*Mayweather leftover
*Coming off loss
*More than one of the above

So Floyd has the better resume.
Zombieguy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #1459
nyboxingfan
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

I give Floyd a lot of credit and respect for his wins and skill but the reason Pac gets the adoration and respect too is because he was never meant to do what he is doing now. The difference between Floyd and Pac is with Floyd you already knew the outcome and that is testament to how good he is, but Pac since the beginning has been underestimated and is proving the critics wrong. As far as resume I say both fought some very tough fighters and I am judging them from the beginning of their careers not just from the last 5 or 6 years.

@KingMurk

You are the reason why some say boxing is dying. There is more to boxing than Floyd Mayweather. You haven't given us one good reason why you dislike Pac. As a matter of fact you sound just like Floyd Mayweather when you talk about Pac which leads me to believe that you are in fact a Mayturd! P.S. try getting in that ring and risk life and death every time. I respect these fighters for what they do first and worry about who they fight later. Floyd and Manny give 100% when they get in that ring. It just so happens that they differ in excitement. As far as I'm concerned there is no competition out there for them so to talk about opponents is useless.

Let me ask you one thing..........they fought similar fighters right, out of those fights whose fights were more exciting????
nyboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #1460
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
Welcome back, Karl Brandt!!!!
There is no welcome back...I made a thread about "Another Pac/Floyd thread No biased people allowed" and that dude started being an ass to me since then AND they deleted my thread, and Blocked me from starting new threads!...As far as Karl Bradnt...You guys are internet losers that have multiple accounts...I have multiple women, multiple things I could be doing this very moment, but I am not an internet loser like You guys who create accounts so you can debate with urselves,..ALL of you guys are gay lames!...Im a normal person with an opinion!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #1461
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyboxingfan View Post
I give Floyd a lot of credit and respect for his wins and skill but the reason Pac gets the adoration and respect too is because he was never meant to do what he is doing now. The difference between Floyd and Pac is with Floyd you already knew the outcome and that is testament to how good he is, but Pac since the beginning has been underestimated and is proving the critics wrong. As far as resume I say both fought some very tough fighters and I am judging them from the beginning of their careers not just from the last 5 or 6 years.

@KingMurk

You are the reason why some say boxing is dying. There is more to boxing than Floyd Mayweather. You haven't given us one good reason why you dislike Pac. As a matter of fact you sound just like Floyd Mayweather when you talk about Pac which leads me to believe that you are in fact a Mayturd! P.S. try getting in that ring and risk life and death every time. I respect these fighters for what they do first and worry about who they fight later. Floyd and Manny give 100% when they get in that ring. It just so happens that they differ in excitement. As far as I'm concerned there is no competition out there for them so to talk about opponents is useless.

Let me ask you one thing..........they fought similar fighters right, out of those fights whose fights were more exciting????
Ur just mad cuz I made that thread clowning on pac, then u tried to lie and say you were fans of both fighters and that I should stop attacking them cuz they BOTH did bad things for the sport...I then dissagreed with you and insisted that Pac was in FACT destroying the sport of boxing, and You got mad as hell...Ur not fans of both of them..Ur a pac fan..but you KNOW Pac is a fraud so you deal with it by saying, "Hey Floyd is bad too...Both of them have done bad"..once I dissagreed yyou exploded...LOL...Just face the facts that the guy is a bum ass chump!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #1462
nyboxingfan
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

@Kingmurk

This is the first time I replied to this thread. Let me count that as the second time since I am replying to your garbage. I don't get mad as hell as you like to put it. A Mayturd would say that I can't be fans of both......A MAYTURD. Dude you are delusional and really the true reason some say that boxing is dying........when you have fans like you that criticize others and show favoritism towards another. The hostility you show Pac shows me how much of a Flomo you are. You make no sense when you say that both fought bums and then say that Pac is killing boxing and Floyd is not. But then to justify your ignorance you hide behind the "Pac fought back to back bums" bullshit.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
nyboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #1463
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyboxingfan View Post
@Kingmurk

This is the first time I replied to this thread. Let me count that as the second time since I am replying to your garbage. I don't get mad as hell as you like to put it. A Mayturd would say that I can't be fans of both......A MAYTURD. Dude you are delusional and really the true reason some say that boxing is dying........when you have fans like you that criticize others and show favoritism towards another. The hostility you show Pac shows me how much of a Flomo you are. You make no sense when you say that both fought bums and then say that Pac is killing boxing and Floyd is not. But then to justify your ignorance you hide behind the "Pac fought back to back bums" bullshit.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Pac is a bum..get over it and accept is already chump!..I love BOXING...I hate ALL that is corrupt in boxing...and that, In my opinion, is Pacman...Pac is everything thats wrong with the sport! 42-0!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #1464
nyboxingfan
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

@kingmurk

"42-0"

Just what a FLOMO would say. Let me ask you this, did you like Floyd when he was with Arum??? You really think Floyd doesn't know how to manipulate people like you into believing that he is the greastest thing since slice bread and Pac is ducking him. He had a great teacher in Arum. He learned from the best. Learn your history murk. You are part of the Sheeple. Clarify yourself better because if you really knew anything you would know that the promoters are part of the problem not the fighters.
nyboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #1465
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyboxingfan View Post
@kingmurk

"42-0"

Just what a FLOMO would say. Let me ask you this, did you like Floyd when he was with Arum??? You really think Floyd doesn't know how to manipulate people like you into believing that he is the greastest thing since slice bread and Pac is ducking him. He had a great teacher in Arum. He learned from the best. Learn your history murk. You are part of the Sheeple. Clarify yourself better because if you really knew anything you would know that the promoters are part of the problem not the fighters.
Floyd fought some bums when he was with arum but he cherrypikced better opponents once he left...but I dont have to get into all of this...All of this started because u try to hide the fact that ur a pacturd and once I say one bad thing about Manny, you get mad and try to flip it around where BOTH fighters are blamable....well thats just not true..I know how bad it must feel for me to say harsh things about Pac, and I know u hate Floyd so it stings after I crush thadass in a debate, then finish you off by stating the record that I rep! 42-0 Hoe! Deal with it and get help you obsessive Pactard!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #1466
nyboxingfan
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

@Kingmurk
We should take a vote here: who sounds more upset KingMurk or me? You are constantly murking yourself with all these contradictions. I didn't know that this was a debate, it didn't feel like that with me. Oh I see, just like Floyd you have to defend yourself when you are threatened with Pac talk.

"he cherrypicked better opponents once he left"

Does this make sense to anyone? You don't cherry pick better opponents you cherry pick opponents that will suit your style. I could be wrong but if I am right you contradicted yourself again.
nyboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #1467
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyboxingfan View Post
@Kingmurk
We should take a vote here: who sounds more upset KingMurk or me? You are constantly murking yourself with all these contradictions. I didn't know that this was a debate, it didn't feel like that with me. Oh I see, just like Floyd you have to defend yourself when you are threatened with Pac talk.

"he cherrypicked better opponents once he left"

Does this make sense to anyone? You don't cherry pick better opponents you cherry pick opponents that will suit your style. I could be wrong but if I am right you contradicted yourself again.
Get over it bro....All styles make Floyd's style look good cuz he's a counterpuncher...all fighters throw punches, and who throws a punch at Floyd is tailor made for him...just get over it..Pac is bad for boxing are u happy?.LOL...Ur the same idiot that said, "If Floyd and Pac cant come to an agreement, Floyd should not fight at all"...LMAO...FUCC That, I was happy to see the Ortiz fight and I will be happy to see him fight Martinez but u say he shoouldnt fight any of these champions?..LMAO...U only said that cuz u aint want him to outdo Pac...its not even about outdoing Pac...its about fighting some champions and giving us great fights, yet u say he shouldnt fight at all?...Ur a clown and a loser!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #1468
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 155
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

The only opponent that Floyd has over Manny is The Big Show.

If we are talking strictly boxing, then it's Pacquiao by a wide wide mile.
Pac's resume on the lower weights was made in blood - Hussein, Sanchez, Larios, Sasakul, Solis, Yeshmagambetov, to name a few.
And of course who can forget Barrera (2x), Morales (3x) and Marquez (2x).
Lots and lots of 'em are coming from spectacular wins or were undefeated even when they fought Pac -- only to get KO'd in under 4.

When Pac started moving up in weight and DEMOLISHED, I mean utterly DEMOLISH every competition brought in front of him, even spewing talks of PED's due to the way he defeated all these naturally bigger opponents, it's mere icing on the cake.
If you will count his journey on the higher weights, only 2 would really matter: Hatton and Cotto.
The rest, although not complete bums, are still good wins, but not legacy defining IMHO.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #1469
nyboxingfan
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

@Queenmurk

I'm clueless of what your point is. Where are you getting my quotes from unless you are using a Floyd and Arum tactic by spinning words around to make people believe that is what I said and meant. Talking to you is like talking to my son. I can see that your young judging by your profile image so I will excuse your childish behavior when it comes to the topic of boxing. You have a pacophobia is what you suffer from. I know you don't suffer from Medorthophobia or Phallophobia since you like having Mayweather's johnson in your mouth.
nyboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #1470
anundecidedarm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao's resume vs Mayweather's resume

I didn't read all the posts, way too many to read, but I would personally pick Pacquiao's resume over Floyd's. Other than the JLC and Chico fight, all his fights are not impressive to me. Not saying he didn't display incredible boxing skills, but his opponents were no where near on par with him and I think Floyd purposely made it that way. When floyd moved up to jww he fought corley, gatti, and henry bruseles (who?). no disrespect to chop chop, but he was never really good and his record reflects that. Gatti is a fighter with a big heart, but overall pretty much sucks. and i have no idea who bruseles is. Now when Floyd moved up to welterweight, he fought the worst welterweights out there, and at the time, the welterweight division was STACKED (and still is). He fought Mitchell (who?), Judah who was coming off a loss to baldomir who is straight up an awful boxer, and then baldomir himself. How is that impressive at all? Why wasn't he fighting Shane, Cotto, Marg, Williams, etc. And then Floyd moves up to jmw to fight Oscar, an Oscar who was no where near the Oscar in early 2000s late 90s. After that he makes an overrated Hatton go up to welterweight to fight him. Why didn't he just make an actual good welterweight fight him? Then Floyd goes into retirement, and then comes back and calls out Juan Manuel Marquez . Why in the hell did he call out JMM. Floyd is a ww, JMM is a lw. I don't get it! He didn't even follow the catchweight of 144 lbs. How is that considered a legitimate win? At least Manny fought JMM at fair weight classes. And then he fights Shane, which is decently impressive. The problem is, Shane was already so old, and the last fight he had before Shane was in Jan of 2009. In addition, Shane had been calling out Floyd for years on end, why fight him at the end of his career? Why not fight him a couple years earlier when he was younger? And then Floyd goes into another retirement and comes back and calls out Ortiz, someone who struggled with Berto. Before floyd fought ortiz I have Ortiz absolutely no shot in winning, and rightfully so. Ortiz being only 24 with very little experience. He's just a kid. Floyd's resume is just plain awful to me considering how good he is.


Now for Manny's resume. When Manny entered Featherweight, he went straight into fighting the big names. They weren't as good as they once were, but they were still very dangerous. He fought a 29 year old MAB, and an incredibly talented Marquez. Both these fighters were a risk to him, risks that Floyd never experienced. and then Manny moves up to SFW and fights Morales and loses. Morales might've not been his younger self, but he was still damn good, good enough to beat an evolving Pacquiao. Again Morales posed as a risk, and Manny took it. Towards the end of his sfw run, he fought Marquez again, someone who took him to hell and back. (And might I add that Manny fought Marquez at fair weight classes, unlike Floyd.) Courageous on both their parts. Then Manny moves up to ww to fight Oscar. This fight was not impressive to me as Oscar was way past his prime, but Oscar still posed as a risk. He had more experience and he was bigger. and Then Manny goes down to jww and fights Hatton at his actual weight class. Hatton might've had his first loss to Floyd, but at least Manny was fighting Hatton in his weight class. After that Manny became a comfortable, legitimate ww, fighting ACTUAL ww's. Cotto, Clottey, Marg. Cotto and Marg were not the same as they once were, but they were still legit good ww's. He had catchweights with both of them, but at least the it was only a few pound difference of what they're used to. Cotto from 146 to 145, and Marg fighting from 154 to 150. He wasn't taking anyone out of their weight class. A ww Manny fought legit ww's.


Sorry for the essay lol, but yea, Both are incredible fighters, the best this era, but I feel that Manny's resume is better than Floyd's.
anundecidedarm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013