Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Mayweather Ready For Hatton

After defeating Jose Luis Castillo with a spectacular fourth round KO on Saturday, Ricky Hatton made it clear the fighter he wanted next is Floyd Mayweather Jr. Hatton made some remarks that have riled up Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Quoted by the media, Floyd Mayweather Jr is now ready to come out of his self imposed retirement and silence Ricky "Hitman" Hatton.

Quoted in the Media, Mayweather Jr stated: "I was retired, but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now."

Mayweather went on to diss Hatton, saying: "Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He cannot box. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. There is no skill to what he does in the ring.

"I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up."

"Ricky Hatton is the most over-rated fighter of the last 25 years. He beat an old Kostya Tszyu and he beat an old Castillo who was shot," he said.

"I beat Castillo twice and the first time I did it with one hand because the other was so messed up. That was five years ago when Castillo was in his prime."

According to media reports, Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe feels that a deal for Mayweather vs Hatton could be made in the next few weeks..

Wonder where does it take place ???

Last edited by Imperial1; 06-28-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather Ready For Hatton

hopefully in manchester to take pbf out of his comfort zone
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1
After defeating Jose Luis Castillo with a spectacular fourth round KO on Saturday, Ricky Hatton made it clear the fighter he wanted next is Floyd Mayweather Jr. Hatton made some remarks that have riled up Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Quoted by the media, Floyd Mayweather Jr is now ready to come out of his self imposed retirement and silence Ricky "Hitman" Hatton.

Quoted in the Media, Mayweather Jr stated: "I was retired, but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now."

Mayweather went on to diss Hatton, saying: "Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He cannot box. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. There is no skill to what he does in the ring.

"I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up."

"Ricky Hatton is the most over-rated fighter of the last 25 years. He beat an old Kostya Tszyu and he beat an old Castillo who was shot," he said.

"I beat Castillo twice and the first time I did it with one hand because the other was so messed up. That was five years ago when Castillo was in his prime."

According to media reports, Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe feels that a deal for Mayweather vs Hatton could be made in the next few weeks..

Wonder where does it take place ???
In Hatton's worst nightmares? Oh, I kid.

I think the fight will probably take place completely on Mayweathers terms. It just seems like he'll be unwilling to negotiate, Mayweather being so sure that he has already proven himself as the definite best of all time or whatever (though, he clearly hasn't).

It may be asking too much for Mayweather to drop 2 weightclasses in between fights, then again, he came in at 148 against DLH anyways. Everyone is going to assume that Mayweather has an advantage at 147, but I think that Hatton just had poor conditioning for the Collazo fight, and it wasn't so much the extra weight.

I mean, I want to say it takes place in Vegas but the money may be in Jolly Ol' England so, I wouldn't be too shocked if Floyd was okay with that.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 AM   #4
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
hopefully in manchester to take pbf out of his comfort zone
Considering MW's ego I doubt it ...A fight at Wembley would be huge ...
Old 06-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #5
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Floyd was "retired" before Ricky called him out. Floyd is P4P number 1, and I don't care what anyone says if the man never fights again he will have still acomplished more than most fighters could dream of. Hatton needs Floyd. It's a fight he says he always wanted. A win over Floyd would be huge for Hatton. If he really wants it than there should be no issue about the weight, the site, the gloves or the ring size. When Floyd really wanted the DLH fight he was willing to make all of those concessions. There is no reason for Floyd to make any concessions(even though I think he's more willing to go to the Uk than most people would expect). He already has a ton of money and is a 5 division champ, a win over Hatton wouldn't do much in terms of boosting his legacy.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Agreed.A win for PBF means **** all .The only way this will happen is if Hatton's backers can come up with enough green to interest PBF.His present promoters don't have that kind of pull but ****** sure does.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity
Agreed.A win for PBF means **** all .The only way this will happen is if Hatton's backers can come up with enough green to interest PBF.His present promoters don't have that kind of pull but ****** sure does.

I'm sure whomever is running the show at Team Hatton knows that they need to come with nothing less than 10 mil to make this fight happen ..
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Lets get one thing straight, Mayweather was never retired...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Lets get one thing straight, Mayweather was never retired...
Retired is such a lose term in boxing I mean who hasn't retired as of late ..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum