ESB Addict

vCash: 2065
Default Re: The Enemy Of Esb ( Red Rooster ) Has Been Defeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woddy
He claimed that Ray Leonard was in his prime against Terry Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster

I just said leonard wasn't shot or used up based on his last performance in which he won in convincing fashion. Nothing to indicate he was eroding.

Quote:

Anyways, Leonard had his chance. He failed like I knew he would. he wasn't in the ring with an old man who couldn't do anything. And Norris, while inexperienced, showed he was more than man enough to not only stand up to gay leopard but intimidate and humiliate him.
Jbuz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2007, 08:30 AM   #17
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think some people are seriously underestimating The Rooster here.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Good ridance, his unrealistic views on leonard was scary ass shit.
Maybe he`s finally gone to the doctors.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #19
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher
Good ridance, his unrealistic views on leonard was scary ass shit.
Maybe he`s finally gone to the doctors.
No, just taking my nap.
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #20
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

It says he's been here since Jan 2005. He has some really strange takes on boxing.

I'm sure this isn't the first time he's had his shit pushed in. Nor will it be the last. But I think it would take a Calzaghe on Lacy style beating to force him into retirement.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #21
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
It says he's been here since Jan 2005. He has some really strange takes on boxing.

I'm sure this isn't the first time he's had his shit pushed in. Nor will it be the last. But I think it would take a Calzaghe on Lacy style beating to force him into retirement.
I assure you that isn't going to happen. Nor has it ever happened.

No, the only time I have ever run into a problem was when I was arguing a point with Robbi. It wasn't what I'd call a heated exchange but Robbi pointed out something I'd been mistaken for years. We were discussing the weight that Gay leopard had insisted on for the Marvin Hagler fight-supposedly to take place in 1982. I said it was 154. Robbi was saying 156. It turned out Robbi was correct. It was 156.

But up until then, nobody else jumped on me for my mistake. So on the rare occasion when I am mistaken, my defeats are very mild and I sleep very well the same night unlike Woody, John Thomas, Bill Butcher, Young Griffo, and a good % of the fools over at the regular boxing forum.

Last edited by MIK1000; 08-20-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Call it a gift but I always seem to get the better of other people.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #23
JohnBKelly
Journeyman

The Gay One, The gay leopard have I missed something? Is somebody outing Ray Leonard? Are there any facts to back this up other than his slightly camp demeanour?
JohnBKelly is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #24
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You all know I'm going to take over this thread.

Actually the way it happened is that Woody the short sighted, kept claiming that the Dokes who put up a struggle with Holyfield claimed he was as good if not better than Dokes from early 80's ignoring the subject of reflexes and speed.

At the same time claiming Ray Leonard was shot in the Norris fight so that Norris' win is just an empty one.

I just said leonard wasn't shot or used up based on his last performance in which he won in convincing fashion. Nothing to indicate he was eroding.

And although there was nothing wrong with the Gay one physically, I felt the same way about that performance as I have in every other one of his past performances-nothing. Fact is, his best overall performance of his short, pick and choose career came versus Hagler.

When Leonard signed to meet Norris, I already knew it was going to be a blowout but not the one people were expecting.

We're not talking about over the hill champions making their last defense here people but a young sharp shooter on the way up who wouldn't take shit from the gay one-no chance of winning rounds the cheap way-by stealing them at the end.

Anyways, Leonard had his chance. He failed like I knew he would. he wasn't in the ring with an old man who couldn't do anything. And Norris, while inexperienced, showed he was more than man enough to not only stand up to gay leopard but intimidate and humiliate him.

How did I feel after? Not too bad. Not as bad as Leonard or his fans who wore a somber look and had their whole evening ruined but yes, I knew what was going to happen.

Yes, at times I watched with glee thinking "let's see what leonard's going to do now" and then reacted in predicatable fashion-by going into a shell and covering on the ropes. Did I mention nearly expert on the planet picked Ray leonard to win and that before going into the Duran fight was favored by at least half to whip Nunn himself in a head to head matchup. How washed up could he be?

With Dokes though, it was different. Different because unlike the gay one, Micheal was knocked out and so I figured he couldn't be any better than the Dokes who sleepwalked with Coetzee-six years before.

Anf that's pretty much where Woody went wrong. As you can all see, he is very much a biased man who sees only what he wants to but began this thread hoping for moral support from the ESB because of the awful feeling he got last night from the schooling I gave him.
---and that is not a bad post. Not in the least. There are some pretty persuasive assertions in there.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #25
Sizzle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

RedRooster is opinionated and a little irrational but hardly inflammatory.

He's not the first person on the board to let a seething hatred for a fighter cloud his judgement, so I find his treatment on this thread very harsh.

He's wellspoken and presents an alternate point of view, which you should welcome if you come to a chat forum - It'd be a boring place if we all agreed with eachother and gave eachother pats on the back.

Why exactly is redrooster an "enemy"?
Sizzle is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 03:26 AM   #26
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
It says he's been here since Jan 2005.
Jeez, you could fill 47581644 dumpsters with the shit he's spewed in that time.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #27
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89
---and that is not a bad post. Not in the least. There are some pretty persuasive assertions in there.
Yeah too bad most of those assertions are all biased and filled with hate " the gay one "

Sorry, but anyone who professes that Leonard wasn't a shot fighter on the basis of his performance against Duran, is seriously misled.

Last edited by mr. magoo; 10-30-2007 at 09:26 AM.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #28
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle
RedRooster is opinionated and a little irrational but hardly inflammatory.

He's not the first person on the board to let a seething hatred for a fighter cloud his judgement, so I find his treatment on this thread very harsh.

He's wellspoken and presents an alternate point of view, which you should welcome if you come to a chat forum - It'd be a boring place if we all agreed with eachother and gave eachother pats on the back.

Why exactly is redrooster an "enemy"?

I was gonna ask that
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #29
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I've long suspected that Redrooster is probably some Indian programmer in New Dheli.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #30
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Rooster has an agenda regarding Leonard. He hasn't got a good word to say about him. If he has, those words are limited with a capital L.

To say "Leonard was in his prime against Norris". Well, that statement speaks for itself.
Robbi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum