Unsure 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915
Default Manny Pacquiao vs Kostya Tszyu

This fight would be at 140lbs. Prime Manny pac and Prime zoo.

Who do you have? How does this fight go down?
RightCross is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Kostya Tszyu

Good fight!

I'm leaning towards Pac because I really think 140 is the best weight for Pac to be in, he doesn't give up as much size as he does at WW, he's still pretty fast, he doesn't have to drain weight, and it's just around the time where his skill and technique were at their peak.

But Tszyu had incredible accuracy with that right of his, and Pac's more open to a straight right, so with KT's power... who knows.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
HOF'er
Fair and Balanced Posting
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbads View Post
Seriously?

A 140-lb (a few lbs down dont matter really) Pac still KOs the shit outta 154-lb MW champ Miguel Cotto and wipes the floor with 147-lb champ Joshua Clottey, and you're unsure how he deals with 140-lb Zoo?
Quit being such a nuthugger..he gave his honest opinion. I assume you got Pacquiao KO 1 right?
HOF'er is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915

Quote:
LOL a Pac mythical match-up started by a FLOMO. We can all see your agenda here hater. Give it up KT lost to a green Hatton, who in turn wont last ten seconds against Pac.
Stop insulting everyone and try and debate like a man if that is possible. This is an interesting match up. pac;s speed and movement vs Kt;s accurate power punching.
RightCross is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Seriously?

A 140-lb (a few lbs down dont matter really) Pac still KOs the shit outta 154-lb MW champ Miguel Cotto and wipes the floor with 147-lb champ Joshua Clottey, and you're unsure how he deals with 140-lb Zoo?
I never deal in absolutes when trying to determine how a fight will go down. Simply because this is boxing, and you just never know what will happen. I noticed that as fans, we often focus too much on what our favorite fighter will do to the other fighter and often forget what that other fighter can do in return (or do 1st). You can't deny that Tszyu had scary power, and you can't deny that Manny is probably hit by straight rights more often than other shots. But hey, if you want to be like 95% of the posters here whose predictions at best will go something like "Manny by Murder" or "Tszyu via rape", go right ahead. You'll start sounding like those posters who say Marquez "schooled" Pacquiao, only you'll be on the other side of the fence.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
HOF'er
ESB Full Member

Quote:
How do you know he's being honest, is he your alt?
Actually this place is getting so bad I can't be positive you're not a floyd fan, masquerading as a Pac nuthugger, just to turn everyone on Pacquiao.. Whatever you are.. please stop being it
HOF'er is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
kadyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF'er View Post
Actually this place is getting so bad I can't be positive you're not a floyd fan, masquerading as a Pac nuthugger, just to turn everyone on Pacquiao.. Whatever you are.. please stop being it
He's a pinoy alright cause only a pinoy can have a handle like that.
kadyo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
HOF'er
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringnut View Post
Good fight!

I'm leaning towards Pac because I really think 140 is the best weight for Pac to be in, he doesn't give up as much size as he does at WW, he's still pretty fast, he doesn't have to drain weight, and it's just around the time where his skill and technique were at their peak.

But Tszyu had incredible accuracy with that right of his, and Pac's more open to a straight right, so with KT's power... who knows.
Yeah as I think about it, the only way I see Tszyu winning is by KO, and at these higher weights Pacs chin has been made of granite. I can't even remember the last time he was down TBH.. And while Zoo was past his peak against Hatton, he really didn't look to hot against constant pressure, which I think Pacquiao brings in a more controlled manner..I think Pacquiao TKOS him late, but maybe we'd fight out just how hard that right hand was..
HOF'er is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #9
HOF'er
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You're a fukken alt for chrissakes, 200 posts in four years, STFU.
I've been exposed!
HOF'er is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:46 AM   #10
HOF'er
ESB Full Member

Thank god ignoring him made that avatar go away....
HOF'er is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #11
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Look I asked you a question. This 140-lb Pac will KO 154-lb champ Cotto and 147-lb champ Clottey (if Clottey opens up), but you're not sure Pac wins against a 140-lber who lost to Hatton?
Cotto's best weapon was his left hand, and honestly, I don't see a jab or left hook being much of a weapon against Pac, as he fight has proved since Pac was countering his jabs and hooks a lot during the fight. Clottey just lacks the output and willingness to fight to be able to keep up with Pac (notice though that the few times he threw and connected against Pac, it was with a right hand). Different fighters, different outcomes.

I'm not even saying Pac loses, I just said that Tszyu's best weapon just happens to be a punch that Pac get hits often with.

So to answer your question, as profound and thought provoking as it was, yes, I'm not sure because I never ever say I'm 100% sure when I try to predict a fight and because I really do think I have a valid reason to be unsure.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 AM   #12
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

huh, I guess he was banned. too bad, he was about to become the 1st Pacfan on my ignore list.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #13
EJDiaZ
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Pac tko9
EJDiaZ is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #14
SterlingVoid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Manny has never fought a guy with the power and accuracy of tsyzu and although i think manny is the better overall fighter at this weight and overall i think this is a bad matchup for him. If he gets hit with some of the shots cotto and clottey hit him with against a guy with much more power and accuracy he is getting koed imo.
SterlingVoid is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #15
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wow, what a war this would be against two stand and deliver, true warriors, prime v prime I couldn't pick them. One pocket battle ship (Pacquiao) has a better arsenal, whilst the other (Tszyu) has more, in my opinion, has more ring craft and whiles.
I voted I don't know.
DBerry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum