Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #16
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Well i'll be damned. My hate for milkdud Tarver is back to an all time high. To the guy who said it won't happen, you told us all, good on ya. Who really gives a **** about this fight apart from Danny Green ball-lickers, this is another nothing fight that Green can use for years to prop up his own ego.
I think any Australian or boxing fan probably gives a shit about this fight. Considering the state of the LHW division this is a great fight, should be very exciting from start to finish.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 AM   #17
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 10151
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Well i'll be damned. My hate for milkdud Tarver is back to an all time high. To the guy who said it won't happen, you told us all, good on ya. Who really gives a **** about this fight apart from Danny Green ball-lickers, this is another nothing fight that Green can use for years to prop up his own ego.
A nothing fight?
comon mate its for a genuine world title FFS.....
left jab danny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #18
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Nah but he's always talking about this guy and that guy that he's gonna fight in perth, like he's doing it for the city of perth when it's obvious he's doing it because he can get paid plenty for fighting chumps and so he can pretend he's a superstar, the guy's an egomaniac and apparently a complete tosser of a person according to people who actually know him. It's funny how all these big fights never come off isn't it?

If eelsrule is the guy who stuck to his guns saying the fight won't come off when me and everyone else told him he was full of shit, Then myself and everyone else should be apologizing and saying you told us so.....
Fair enough mate.

p.s, ill never apologize to eelsrules, unless he take Mundine **** out of his mouth, and his finger out of Mundines ass.

Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #19
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I think any Australian or boxing fan probably gives a shit about this fight. Considering the state of the LHW division this is a great fight, should be very exciting from start to finish.
Exciting? Maybe if you're a fan of Danny Green. Do you really think Drews is champion material? I don't and i don't think Green is either, is that really good for boxing? Not to mention living in perth if green wins im gonna have to read and hear how green is a world champion from people who don't know the first thing about boxing. And i can only imagine what it would do to greens ridiculous ego, the guy's a ****ing politician.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 AM   #20
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny
A nothing fight?
comon mate its for a genuine world title FFS.....
Yeah a title that means as much as the ones mundine and green have won previously..... which is nothing. Stipe Drews isn't even close to being one of the top light heavies, who did he beat for the WBA strap again? The fight with Tarver would of been alot more significant than this one, if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 AM   #21
jack coburn
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 19
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Exciting? Maybe if you're a fan of Danny Green. Do you really think Drews is champion material? I don't and i don't think Green is either, is that really good for boxing? Not to mention living in perth if green wins im gonna have to read and hear how green is a world champion from people who don't know the first thing about boxing. And i can only imagine what it would do to greens ridiculous ego, the guy's a ****ing politician.
i know how you feel,us in sydney had to put up with the papers calling mundine a champion when hes never beaten one and only holds a runner up belt,but at least green is actually fighting the champion and if he wins will hold the title,i myself feel drews will just stand off and jab his way to a points victory.
jack coburn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #22
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Drews ranked #10 by The Ring.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #23
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Nah but he's always talking about this guy and that guy that he's gonna fight in perth, like he's doing it for the city of perth when it's obvious he's doing it because he can get paid plenty for fighting chumps and so he can pretend he's a superstar, the guy's an egomaniac and apparently a complete tosser of a person according to people who actually know him. It's funny how all these big fights never come off isn't it?

If eelsrule is the guy who stuck to his guns saying the fight won't come off when me and everyone else told him he was full of shit, Then myself and everyone else should be apologizing and saying you told us so.....
And you were calling other people retarded. LMAO. A mundine supporter calling Danny Green, a humble and down to earth bloke an egomaniac. Your completely dellusional. Danny Green has been taking tough opponents and getting himself up the rankings within the LHW division. Mundine is looking at fighting cabbies from Argentina in comparison. Danny was trying to face Tarver, who is a very good opponent in the divison, and is now faced with a genuine world title shot. Who the **** are you to knock him? BTW, it wasn't EelsRule he is far too dumb for that, it was Griffo who created the original thread. And the fight was confirmed after that happened, so it was dumb luck that it eventually didn't go through, not sticking to his guns.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #24
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Drews ranked #10 by The Ring.
Yeah Drews is a solid 8-10 Light Heavy.
Danny wins this impressively & even bigger matches will await him.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 AM   #25
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack coburn
i know how you feel,us in sydney had to put up with the papers calling mundine a champion when hes never beaten one and only holds a runner up belt,but at least green is actually fighting the champion and if he wins will hold the title,i myself feel drews will just stand off and jab his way to a points victory.
Yeah mate but i can't honestly call Drews a champion, how he ended up with a belt is beyond me. Tarver even at this stage of his career is a far better and more accomplished boxer, this fight is a huge step down from that one for green and people are trying to put a positive spin on it saying 'Oh, now he might get a shiny belt'. That might mean something to a casual fan, but the fighter makes the belt, the belt doesn't make the fighter.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Yeah mate but i can't honestly call Drews a champion, how he ended up with a belt is beyond me. Tarver even at this stage of his career is a far better and more accomplished boxer, this fight is a huge step down from that one for green and people are trying to put a positive spin on it saying 'Oh, now he might get a shiny belt'. That might mean something to a casual fan, but the fighter makes the belt, the belt doesn't make the fighter.
You make out as if this was Dannys choice because he wanted to avoid Tarver. He was trying to make the Tarver fight and they weren't negotiating. If he gets a title, he will have much more bargaining power and will be right in the thick of things at LHW.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #27
jack coburn
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 19
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

the next half decent fighter tarver faces will beat him,i think he knows that and danny isnt a big enough name to give him hes retirement payout.
jack coburn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 AM   #28
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 75
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

I think this has turned out better for greeny.

If Green can beat Drews in front of home fans for the belt (probably better chance then beating tarver ) he can then make a big money fight in the states with Dawson, a big money fight in England with Woods or 2 big money fights in OZ with Mundine or Briggs.
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 AM   #29
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
And you were calling other people retarded. LMAO. A mundine supporter calling Danny Green, a humble and down to earth bloke an egomaniac. Your completely dellusional. Danny Green has been taking tough opponents and getting himself up the rankings within the LHW division. Mundine is looking at fighting cabbies from Argentina in comparison. Danny was trying to face Tarver, who is a very good opponent in the divison, and is now faced with a genuine world title shot. Who the **** are you to knock him? BTW, it wasn't EelsRule he is far too dumb for that, it was Griffo who created the original thread. And the fight was confirmed after that happened, so it was dumb luck that it eventually didn't go through, not sticking to his guns.
Haha first of all i'm not a Mundine supporter, secondly you're speaking on shit you have no idea about, talking about green being humble and down to earth. When my mum was dying her chiropracter (also Danny Greens chiropracter) came round to see her for a little while, while he was talking to her Green rang and he excused himself to another room but i overheard the conversation, You could hear that Green was making demands and wanting to see him immediately, The chiropracter was speaking in a 'yes master' sort of tone but he was saying how he's busy at the moment. He hangs up and comes back to see my mum and then tells her how he has to get going. Take from that what you want, but i'm also involved in the boxing scene over here and i have heard many stories that i won't get into, the guy is an egomaniac. He is a politician promoting himself.

Danny Green taking on tough opponents at LHW? hahaha seriously that's hilarious. He's talked about fighting tough opponents but it hasn't happened and now he's fighting big bad Drewsy.

Whoever it was who was saying the fight wouldn't happen stuck to their guns and deserves credit.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #30
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
You make out as if this was Dannys choice because he wanted to avoid Tarver. He was trying to make the Tarver fight and they weren't negotiating. If he gets a title, he will have much more bargaining power and will be right in the thick of things at LHW.
I think Danny talks a bit prematurely. You're right i guess saying if he wins he might be able to get a big fight, if the other 'champs are interested in unifying. I don't think he'd have the slightest chance against them however, could get a nice payday atleast.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013