Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 AM   #31
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Green Tarver off!!! but guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Better fight for Danny but still very hard.

Sets up the Mundine rematch nicely if he can get through it. And hopefull Briggsy can get a fight or two notched up and be waiting in the wings to fight the winner one day.

Drews is a bit hot and cold but he is always a very awkward opponant to tackle. He certainly looks beatable but his height and style are two things Danny better be ready for.
Paul Briggs had targetted a Drews fight after his next upcoming fight (which got called off). If Green wins, it could really make things interesting with both Mundine and Briggs knocking on Danny's door for a challenge.

Last edited by deram; 08-20-2006 at 01:02 AM.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 01:48 AM   #32
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Paul Briggs had targetted a Drews fight after his next upcoming fight (which got called off). If Green wins, it could really make things interesting with both Mundine and Briggs knocking on Danny's door for a challenge.
Yeah should Green win, i wanna see Green vs Briggs ASAP.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 AM   #33
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Haha first of all i'm not a Mundine supporter, secondly you're speaking on shit you have no idea about, talking about green being humble and down to earth. When my mum was dying her chiropracter (also Danny Greens chiropracter) came round to see her for a little while, while he was talking to her Green rang and he excused himself to another room but i overheard the conversation, You could hear that Green was making demands and wanting to see him immediately, The chiropracter was speaking in a 'yes master' sort of tone but he was saying how he's busy at the moment. He hangs up and comes back to see my mum and then tells her how he has to get going. Take from that what you want, but i'm also involved in the boxing scene over here and i have heard many stories that i won't get into, the guy is an egomaniac. He is a politician promoting himself.

Danny Green taking on tough opponents at LHW? hahaha seriously that's hilarious. He's talked about fighting tough opponents but it hasn't happened and now he's fighting big bad Drewsy.

Whoever it was who was saying the fight wouldn't happen stuck to their guns and deserves credit.
Fair enough if you aren't a Mundine supporter I thought you were. Greens competition at light heavy hasn't been bad by any shot. He has basically been moving up the rankings to earn a shot. Unfortunately thats the way that it works. If you have personal encounters with Green then fair enough. Everyone that I know who has dealt with him has been impressed though. In regards to the fight not going through, it has been on again and off again a couple times, its not like they predicted the future here or anything. Out of curiosity who do you expect Danny to fight being in his position?
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #34
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Fair enough if you aren't a Mundine supporter I thought you were. Greens competition at light heavy hasn't been bad by any shot. He has basically been moving up the rankings to earn a shot. Unfortunately thats the way that it works. If you have personal encounters with Green then fair enough. Everyone that I know who has dealt with him has been impressed though. In regards to the fight not going through, it has been on again and off again a couple times, its not like they predicted the future here or anything. Out of curiosity who do you expect Danny to fight being in his position?
I agree Danny's opponents have not been that terrible.
Great matchmaking by him & his team to get Drews out to Australia.
Danny Green is well respected in Germany & Europe, so im sure Drews will come looking to retain his gold.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 AM   #35
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Yeah should Green win, i wanna see Green vs Briggs ASAP.
Same, it's be huge for us, and a very entertaining fight.

I don't think either of them were keen on facing each other, but Briggs was targetting the WBA and was apparently only a fight away from getting a mandatory challenge at Drews. He's not likely to pass up this lucrative shot.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 AM   #36
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Yeah a title that means as much as the ones mundine and green have won previously..... which is nothing. Stipe Drews isn't even close to being one of the top light heavies, who did he beat for the WBA strap again? The fight with Tarver would of been alot more significant than this one, if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself.
This is a genuine world title not an interim or a regular champ title that Danny and choc have won previously
And FFS get over the fact Danny interupted a chiro session with your mom, i mean big fukin deal go have another cry you fukin loser
Danny will be WORLD CHAMP soon and i hope you have to read about it everyday
VOTE 1 DANNY GREEN
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #37
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny
This is a genuine world title not an interim or a regular champ title that Danny and choc have won previously
And FFS get over the fact Danny interupted a chiro session with your mom, i mean big fukin deal go have another cry you fukin loser
VOTE 1 DANNY GREEN
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 AM   #38
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
VOTE 1 DANNY GREEN
any chance you v eelsrule on the undercard LJD?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:34 AM   #39
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

It's just another paper title really. The Tarver fight would have been more lucrative and given him a lot more exposure. I agree with haze in that respect. That said, it looks like Tarver was *****footing around, maybe just trying to keep his name in the headlines. **** Tarver.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 AM   #40
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum
any chance you v eelsrule on the undercard LJD?
I KNOW DANNY PRETTY WELL SO WE'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO...LOL
BUT ONLY IF YOUR IN MY CORNER
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #41
silvy_chris
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
It's just another paper title really. The Tarver fight would have been more lucrative and given him a lot more exposure. I agree with haze in that respect. That said, it looks like Tarver was *****footing around, maybe just trying to keep his name in the headlines. **** Tarver.
a paper title? r u serious!! WBA is a legit title... so u think tavers IBO title is just as good?
silvy_chris is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 AM   #42
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvy_chris
a paper title? r u serious!! WBA is a legit title... so u think tavers IBO title is just as good?
Paper title in that it has been vacant previously and was never won from the defending champion. It still has more credibility then a regular or interim title regardless.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:52 AM   #43
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
VOTE 1 DANNY GREEN
Can't you ****ing read, he came to visit my mum because she was dying and no it's not a huge deal but the way Green sounded towards this guy just shows me the sort of character he is and backs up what i've heard over the years. I'm sorry you feel i insulted the stiff, excuse making, big fight losing, egotistical ponce that is Danny Green aka the man you furiously masturbate over every night
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 AM   #44
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Yeah it'll be interesting to hear what Tarver has to say about this. Maybe he's grown the balls 'to let Chad Dawson' fight him or fight Hopkins again when he hasn't been drugged haha, I doubt it.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #45
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hazetheman, i know greeny and his chiropractor noel patterson.they have been close mates for 10 years and i know for a fact danny talks to this guy with the upmost respect. what a ****en stupid thing to say you ****smoka that you heard a conversation.how do you know who the **** noel was talkin to on the end of the other line??? maybe you should tell danny your thoughts you pissant, after all you do live in perth.danny would love to hear your jealousy and envy. by the way,sorry to hear about your mum,that is sad,but you still sound like a little flea.
shiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum