Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Castillejo/carrera Nov 13th!

See this is on Eurosport on Nov 13th - looks to be a good rematch What did you all think of the first fight - who wins this one, will the 10 rounds help Castillejo or does the Argenetinean hit too hard.
micky is online now  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Default Re: Castillejo/carrera Nov 13th!

argie was a little to tall/to long/ for the spaniard and i expect carrera to win.

good fight first time around.

on a side point i do not think wins where recreational drugs are found should be nullified only performance enhancing drugs.

as to sanctions those should be a criminal matter.

dont fight in singapore if you snort .
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky
See this is on Eurosport on Nov 13th - looks to be a good rematch What did you all think of the first fight - who wins this one, will the 10 rounds help Castillejo or does the Argenetinean hit too hard.
I enjoyed watching their first encounter live.The Spaniard and Carrerra are made for each other.Castillejo has the edge in firepower,but Carrerra can bang a bit,too.
The tough Argie has a huge heart and his high work rate and risky style make for entertaining fights.
In their last encounter Carerra now and then looked as if he had been able to overpower the Spaniard,but Castillejo proved that he wasnt over the hill yet.
Up to the time the ref stopped their encounter it had been a pretty close fight.I for my part had the Argie with one or two rounds ahead ,but wouldnt argue the toss with someone who had scored the fight in favour of Castillejo up to the stoppage victory for Carerra.
I guess that the winner will get a shot at Sturm.
I will root for Carerra as he is younger and his style is fun to watch.
He put all his eggs into one basket and really fought tooth and nail in order to win his first encounter with Castillejo.
Drugs? I doubt that anyone can really name a drug which helps to win a fight against top opposition.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
punchmaster
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
I enjoyed watching their first encounter live.The Spaniard and Carrerra are made for each other.Castillejo has the edge in firepower,but Carrerra can bang a bit,too.
The tough Argie has a huge heart and his high work rate and risky style make for entertaining fights.
In their last encounter Carerra now and then looked as if he had been able to overpower the Spaniard,but Castillejo proved that he wasnt over the hill yet.
Up to the time the ref stopped their encounter it had been a pretty close fight.I for my part had the Argie with one or two rounds ahead ,but wouldnt argue the toss with someone who had scored the fight in favour of Castillejo up to the stoppage victory for Carerra.
I guess that the winner will get a shot at Sturm.
I will root for Carerra as he is younger and his style is fun to watch.
He put all his eggs into one basket and really fought tooth and nail in order to win his first encounter with Castillejo.
Drugs? I doubt that anyone can really name a drug which helps to win a fight against top opposition.

bump- this fight is tomorrow night- looking for more who saw the first fight and some opinions
punchmaster is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #5
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I think that Carrera is really good. He is really powerful. I expect Carrera to clearly win this fight.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Carrera : 72,3 kg
Castillejo : 71,2 kg

Can´t remember when a fighter last time gave away so much in a middleweight title fight...or eliminator...big fight like this one...hell, this should be for the title, not Sturm´s fights, hahah...maybe Castillejo had to drop weight suddenly a lot? Or maybe he is just in excellent shape and has been near fight trim all the time...? Should be interesting. Carrera really appears to be an obvious favourite this time around.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
punchmaster
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
I think that Carrera is really good. He is really powerful. I expect Carrera to clearly win this fight.
Yes, but given the fact that you have Toney as you name ( a man who's disgraced the sport) and Chris Byrd in you Avatar- one must pick the opposite of your pick.
punchmaster is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

First fight was very interesting and I can suspect same tomorow. I would like Castillejo to see winner this time.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 AM   #9
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchmaster

Yes, but given the fact that you have Toney as you name ( a man who's disgraced the sport) and Chris Byrd in you Avatar- one must pick the opposite of your pick.

Man, Toney's a legend, he's ATG. Have you ever even seen him fight, ouside of heavyweight? He's one of the skillest boxers ever. Go watch some of his fights, I suggest his fights against McCallum, Barkley, Jirov, that's boxing art at its very best, if you like boxing you'll become a Toney fan too. He's had his ups and downs, but he was competitive with the very best from middleweight to heavyweight. He's not ducking anyone, he fights anybody. How can you say he's a disgrace? Don't reduce him to being out of shape and steroid scandals at heavyweight. Don't diss Chris Byrd either, he's over the hill, but a good fighter in his day. Fought everyone, not afraid of much bigger and stronger opponents and still stood his ground against most of them. Show some respect.

That said, I'm gonna root for Castillejo too, I like that guy. But Toney in his time would have knocked him out in 5 rounds at middleweight, same goes for Sturm.
FROST is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #10
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i picked carrera last time. no need to change my pick this time.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #11
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Castillejo wins by KO in the 6th. Great fight. Both fighters gave all they had, a war. Sturm next.
FROST is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

For the thousandth time, I laugh at all the Castillejo-doubters. What will be left when fighters like him retire? Well, there´s always Pavlik...
VHB is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

argentinian v a spaniard.
winner the german crowd for turning up.

very entertaining all action foght that swiung this way and that all the way through.

huge credit for castilljo for not doubting himself and allowing himself to be a stepping stone.

gritted his teeth fought his way through when he was being picked off and hurt from range and finished it in a replica of his sturm win.
sean is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Castillejo wins and will have chance from Klaus Peter Kohl. I dont think that he will fight Sturm. It will be good to see fight Castillejo vs Abraham.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #15
Sportin' Wood

Carrera got ****ed up......guess he did need those steroids in their first fight.
Sportin' Wood is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum