Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Castillejo/carrera Nov 13th!

steroids?

i was sure he got done for recreational drugs .
sean is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #17
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

Everytime Castillejo wins it makes Fernando Varges more credible as a fighter even though most consider him shot. Last fight I saw of Castillejo was when Varges beat his ass. I thought he was gone retire but the guy came back big. Props to him for the win.

Last edited by RainbowBoy; 09-16-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Hrak is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM   #18
punchmaster
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
For the thousandth time, I laugh at all the Castillejo-doubters. What will be left when fighters like him retire? Well, there´s always Pavlik...

Hey dude- you certainly weren't picking the Spaniard earlier in this thread- you said it should be interesting. But if it makes you feel good and is a real victory for you after the fight's over to start talking- hey more power to you.
punchmaster is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Castillejo is hard puncher, he shows once again tonight. The first match of Castillejo - Carrera was dramatic till Carrera wins him by TKO 11. The fight for my opinion was draw and i suspected to see final round 12 and to see winner of first bout but Carrera knock down Castillejo and refere stoped the match and he was winner, after Carrera lost title because he was under drogs and Castiellejo fights rematch with Sturm . The Carrera team was very unhappy with refere and after the fight wants to beat him, because they think that Carrera was demage many times from refere.

I agree with someone here who saying that will be good to see first defance of Pavlik with Castillejo but I think personally that Klaus Peter Kohl will look know to make fight betwen Abraham - Castillejo. The reasen is to take two belts on his team and to sent away Felix Sturm.

Felix Sturm is for me very good fighter but I think that he cant beat Abraham. It will be good for Sturm to move in the light middleweight because some who punching hard will end his carear .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #20
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Did any of you guys notice that Carrera is with spotlight????

thats what the german commentator said. and that is why carrera sported the spotlight trunks!!

guess spotlight/universum will be pissed at their "investment".
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #21
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Give me a break...all I said was that I am amused because people won´t learn anything. This is the 3rd or 4th tough fight that Castillejo wins as an underdog. Carrera never was a top contender, he can punch but his footwork and movement is ultra-poor. I never understood why people hold Carrera in such high regard, he lost 2 years ago to a nobody. Whom has he beaten fair and square? Carrera just had good substances or Castillejo had a bad day last time.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #22
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

And has anyone noticed we might soon have two great trilogies completed?

Castillejo - Sturm III !!!!

Asikainen - Sylvester III !!!!

And then after that Castillejo can defend his WBA belt against EBU champ Asikainen. That will be the greatest fight of these all!!!
VHB is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #23
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
Did any of you guys notice that Carrera is with spotlight????

thats what the german commentator said. and that is why carrera sported the spotlight trunks!!

guess spotlight/universum will be pissed at their "investment".
You are right,unitas!

They must be very disappointed with the outcome of Carrera vs Castillejo.
On the other hand Carrera is a likeable and funny guy who can punch and box.He has a proven track record and can come back from that loss.
He has an entertaing style which is fun to watch.I dare to say that most box fans like him.I watched his first encounter live,and most German and neutral foreign fight fans were rooting for the Argie then.
I guess that he is a much better investment than fighters like Gbenga,Cattikas,or Willy Blain.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #24
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
You are right,unitas!

They must be very disappointed with the outcome of Carrera vs Castillejo.
On the other hand Carrera is a likeable and funny guy who can punch and box.He has a proven track record and can come back from that loss.
He has an entertaing style which is fun to watch.I dare to say that most box fans like him.I watched his first encounter live,and most German and neutral foreign fight fans were rooting for the Argie then.
I guess that he is a much better investment than fighters like Gbenga,Cattikas,or Willy Blain.
i agree. i just hope they keep him and not dump him due to the loss.

german promoters have a knack for only signing foreign fighters if they are either holding a title or are a good bet to win one.

carrera doesnt fit that discription. he is fun to watch, but german promoters usually dont sign fighters just for their entertainment value.

and that is a sad thing for the fans!
unitas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum