Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Every boxer should use Creatine

I found it amazing I saw a thread on here asking whether a boxer would benefit from taking Creatine. The amount of ignorance was also pretty interesting. Every boxer should use Creatine, lets have a look why:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- increased strength, increased speed, increased stamina. Creatine works by increasing ATP in the muscle, which means the muscle fails

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Effects - Renal/Colon Stress - which is cancelled out if the user drinks more water. Taking too much of anything is harmful, 3-5 grams of Creatine per day is not harmful especially with the more advanced creatines like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You do not need more than 3-5 grams of CEE Creatine to get maximal effects so it gives value for money. It is advised that you should cycle Creatine, 6-8weeks of use followed by 2-3weeks break so you don't overally stress the kidneys/colon. Using creatine in higher doses than 5-10grams can overally stress these organs and is ill advised, because creatine like anything is harmful in high doses. There are No Other Side Effects.

Beat Way to Take Creatine - the more Creatine your muscles can uptake the better you perform. Taking Creatine with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]or Testosterone boosters or Glucose can all increase creatine intake into the muscle.

Boxers Who Use Creatine - Ricky Hatton, Junior Witter, Tyson, Holyfield, Klitchkos to name but a few

Creatine Myths

'Creatine will make me carry water weight and I won't be able to make weight' - Not Strictly True, Creatine Monohydrate will increase your water weight but [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which is the latest Creatine and will not make you carry water weight because it works differently to Creatine Monohydrate. But even with Monohydate you will still have better P4P strength/speed/stamina if you went up a weight class

'Doctors don't know future side effects of taking creatine' - Bullshit people have digested creatine for years through food. A large serving of Beef has the same amount of creatine found in a typical Creatine supplement serving. As mentioned creatine should not be overdosed on.

Best Creatine Supplements

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- every performance enhancing supplement on the market today in 1 product with brutal results

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- strongest Nitric Oxide on the market, which in itself is a great performance enhance but helps force more Creatine and other nutriets into the muscles therefore improving performance.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - advanced creatine uptake system with the latest Creatine Malate and Creatine Ethyl Ester. Both are better performance enhancers than regular creatine and both are

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - much stronger Creatine without the water bloat so you don't need to put on water weight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - tried, tested and proven performance enhancer. Creatine Monohydrate is a very cheap way to improve your physical performance. You may add some water weight but will be better for it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - a free promotional give away, just pay shipping
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
freesix88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Every boxer should use Creatine

"A large serving of Beef has the same amount of creatine found in a typical Creatine supplement serving. As mentioned creatine should not be overdosed on."

So if you eat alot of meat you don't need this?
freesix88 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
littleguy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Boxers who didn't use creatine: Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano to name but a few.

Since the boxers who didn't use creatine are much better than the boxers who did use creatine, I think its clear that creatine is harmful to boxers.

What are you, a creatine salesman? You don't have a clue whether creatine is harmful or not. Digesting it through food is a lot different than cramming it into your body through supplements.
littleguy is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesix88
"A large serving of Beef has the same amount of creatine found in a typical Creatine supplement serving. As mentioned creatine should not be overdosed on."

So if you eat alot of meat you don't need this?
Beef not meat. The problem with Creatine in meat is protein blocks absorbtion of creatine, so you get 5grams of protein and probably don't absorb much over a 1/3 of it.

You also can't eat a big serving of Beef before you get in the ring or workout and timing Creatine before workouts is how you get maximal performance enhancing benefits because the muscles will be ready to fire

Also bare in mind some people don't absorb creatine from food or even Creatine Monohydrate and only more bioavailable Creatines like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]can work to boost their creatine levels.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleguy
Boxers who didn't use creatine: Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano to name but a few.

Since the boxers who didn't use creatine are much better than the boxers who did use creatine, I think its clear that creatine is harmful to boxers.

What are you, a creatine salesman? You don't have a clue whether creatine is harmful or not. Digesting it through food is a lot different than cramming it into your body through supplements.
these guys didn't have nutritionists or strength and conditioning coaches, you really think they wouldn't have taken supps if they knew the benefits and had someone directing them?

times have changed, better medicines have been discovered fighters have become bigger and stronger, rules have changed.

also can you please explain what the difference in digesting creatine in food and in supp form is?

Quote:
this is the stupidest statement i have ever heard, those boxers also never used the floor to ceiling ball, are floor to ceiling balls harmful? they also didn't train in intervals, are intervals harmful?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

old people are usually afraid of what they dont know.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
littleguy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Sarcasm is wasted on some of you guys.

Are you a doctor, Relentless? Do you know for a fact that creatine is safe, is beneficial, helps fighters? Have you done studies comparing fighters that took creatine vs fighters that didn't? Or are you just blowing smoke.

As for today's fighters being bigger and stronger, I dunno. Today's welterweights look to be about the same size as yesterday's.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sarcasm is wasted on some of you guys.

Are you a doctor, Relentless? Do you know for a fact that creatine is safe, is beneficial, helps fighters? Have you done studies comparing fighters that took creatine vs fighters that didn't? Or are you just blowing smoke.

As for today's fighters being bigger and stronger, I dunno. Today's welterweights look to be about the same size as yesterday's.
not really, just look at how much they weigh at fight night.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #9
littleguy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

That's not because they use creatine, genius. That's because fighters now weigh in 24 hours before the fight. In the old days, you weighed in one hour before the fight - they didn't have time to go from welterweight to heavyweight by fight time like they do today.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's not because they use creatine, genius. That's because fighters now weigh in 24 hours before the fight. In the old days, you weighed in one hour before the fight - they didn't have time to go from welterweight to heavyweight by fight time like they do today.
hey genius did i say it was because of creatine?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #11
littleguy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

That's what I thought this thread was about. My bad. You win. Taking creatine makes you a great fighter. Geez - I'm glad that's settled.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #12
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's what I thought this thread was about. My bad. You win. Taking creatine makes you a great fighter. Geez - I'm glad that's settled.
No many aspects are vital to be a great fighter. The physical aspect is vital and this is achieved through training, nutrition and supplements.

With all else being equal does having more power, strength, stamina, speed give a fighter an edge? Why does every modern boxer whos worth their salt use performance enhancing supplements? Because they give them an edge.

Supplements won't teach you how to shoulder roll, they will help you have more power, strength, stamina and speed that will aid in your success
Old 10-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
radianttwilight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'll believe it when I see some good scientific facts supporting it. EVERYONE I know that's used creatine, be it for boxing, football, basketball, etc, ended up big and slow.
radianttwilight is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #14
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radianttwilight
I'll believe it when I see some good scientific facts supporting it. EVERYONE I know that's used creatine, be it for boxing, football, basketball, etc, ended up big and slow.
That's what eating Mcdonalds does to you...

Creatine is made naturally in the body for energy. By taking a creatine supplement you're just increasing the amount available within the body so you'll get an increase in performance.

Last edited by viru§™; 10-29-2007 at 06:58 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #15
prasake

i used it once, saw my weight go up (which i put to holding more water)

Then when i went to boxing training, i felt gassed so quickly - i think it was cos i was holding more weight - so it would be like suddenly going to training but carrying two 2kg dumbells while you do everything - skip, run, bags, etc.

maybe its different for other ppl but thats why i dont like it
prasake is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing