Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #61
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

I respect Green for taking this fight especially after the Briggs debarcle. Look forward to this fight. Well done Danny boy, a step in the right direction. Now what does mandy do after he fights & beats waters with ease.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #62
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

He fights Contender winner Woods in December in a battle for the ages.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #63
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
He fights Contender winner Woods in December in a battle for the ages.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:18 AM   #64
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

A decent opponent is Flores and it's Defo a step in the right direction for Danny Green , IF he beats Flores then he will be back to where he was pre Siaca and Briggs fights imo . he should however fight BJ at the Full C/W limit or at the very least BJ should be allowed to fight at that weight in this fight .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #65
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

It's a good fight ONLY if Green doesn't force Flores to come down to some BS catchweight of 185/190.
If Flores can weigh in at 200 then i will be tipping him to beat Green.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #66
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
He fights Contender winner Woods in December in a battle for the ages.
It's fast becoming a career for the ages - not!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:05 AM   #67
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

I will destroy Danny Green - BJ Flores

By Ryan Burton (Scene) - 7th Sept 2010.

Ryan Burton spoke to undefeated BJ Flores who is in Australia to promote his big showdown against Danny Green for the IBO cruiserweight title. The first press conference took place Sydney and the media tour will also be hitting Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane over the next five days.

The fight will take place on November 17th in Perth. Flores feels like he is receiving an early Christmas present. "I feel like Christmas has come a little early this year. I finally have the fight I have been craving."

Flores called Green out last year and is excited the fight is finally happening. Flores feels the Paul Briggs debacle was the main reason Green decided to step up and face an undefeated fighter like such as himself.

The Mexican-American also said, "The Fans in Australia deserve better than Siaca and Briggs. Now they can finally watch Green in a real fight with a guy who is bigger, stronger and faster than him."

Flores has been inactive over a year as he patiently waited for a big fight like this one. Flores had received criticism for turning down fights on the past but it appears the decision he made were right on the money.

"I am looking forward to finally getting an opportunity to face a top fighter and a two time world champion in Danny Green. I take my hat off to Danny for deciding to fight me. This is a fight I have wanted for a long time," Flores said.

He went on to say, "I hope I am the underdog. I hope everyone picks against me so when I completely destroy him on November 17th, I will get more opportunities to face
top fighters. This will be a life changing fight for me. This will be my coming out party. Life is all about timing and sometimes things don't happen on my time. However, my big moment has finally arrived."

"I have been in the gym with nothing but heavyweights for the last year. I have improved my strength and explosive power 10 times! This will be much different than fighting Manny Siaca or Paul Briggs. Danny will find out very early in the fight that 25lbs is a big difference."

Flores is not taking the IBO champion lightly. He knows Green is a very strong fighter. He also knows it will be tough to win a decision in Green's backyard.

"This will also be the most difficult opponent of my career and I am very excited to get this opportunity. I would not have taken this fight in his hometown if I wasn't sure I could knock him out!"
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #68
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
I will destroy Danny Green - BJ Flores

By Ryan Burton (Scene) - 7th Sept 2010.

Ryan Burton spoke to undefeated BJ Flores who is in Australia to promote his big showdown against Danny Green for the IBO cruiserweight title. The first press conference took place Sydney and the media tour will also be hitting Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane over the next five days.

The fight will take place on November 17th in Perth. Flores feels like he is receiving an early Christmas present. "I feel like Christmas has come a little early this year. I finally have the fight I have been craving."

Flores called Green out last year and is excited the fight is finally happening. Flores feels the Paul Briggs debacle was the main reason Green decided to step up and face an undefeated fighter like such as himself.

The Mexican-American also said, "The Fans in Australia deserve better than Siaca and Briggs. Now they can finally watch Green in a real fight with a guy who is bigger, stronger and faster than him."

Flores has been inactive over a year as he patiently waited for a big fight like this one. Flores had received criticism for turning down fights on the past but it appears the decision he made were right on the money.

"I am looking forward to finally getting an opportunity to face a top fighter and a two time world champion in Danny Green. I take my hat off to Danny for deciding to fight me. This is a fight I have wanted for a long time," Flores said.

He went on to say, "I hope I am the underdog. I hope everyone picks against me so when I completely destroy him on November 17th, I will get more opportunities to face
top fighters. This will be a life changing fight for me. This will be my coming out party. Life is all about timing and sometimes things don't happen on my time. However, my big moment has finally arrived."

"I have been in the gym with nothing but heavyweights for the last year. I have improved my strength and explosive power 10 times! This will be much different than fighting Manny Siaca or Paul Briggs. Danny will find out very early in the fight that 25lbs is a big difference."

Flores is not taking the IBO champion lightly. He knows Green is a very strong fighter. He also knows it will be tough to win a decision in Green's backyard.

"This will also be the most difficult opponent of my career and I am very excited to get this opportunity. I would not have taken this fight in his hometown if I wasn't sure I could knock him out!"

****IN C'MON FLORES. KNOCK HIM THE **** OUT.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:14 AM   #69
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
****IN C'MON FLORES. KNOCK HIM THE **** OUT.

If you watch it Francis, do enjoy singing our national anthem prior to the bout mate.

We've got an Aussie defending his world title against a genuinely credentialed opponent, and there's people who call themselves Australians hoping he gets smashed by a Yank they've never seen before!



....this country's seen better days.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #70
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Its going to be great to see Green up against a live opponent who will bring it to the table. My only problems with Green & Mandy is the lack of fighting quality opponents who just may beat them. I think the Briggs debarcle played a huge part in this decision but it is a good one from team Green, the right one. Go Danny, I'll be cheering ya on.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #71
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
If you watch it Francis, do enjoy singing our national anthem prior to the bout mate.

We've got an Aussie defending his world title against a genuinely credentialed opponent, and there's people who call themselves Australians hoping he gets smashed by a Yank they've never seen before!



....this country's seen better days.
I support who i like whether it be sports or anything else in life. We are all human beings after all. I don't like Danny Green at all so why on earth would i support him ?
Singing the national anthem ? Green isn't representing Australia in his fight against Flores so i don't understand why the national anthem's world be played at the event. It's not the Olympics or Commonwealth games where Green is just fighting for a medal and representing Australia.He's fighting for a shitload of money more than his talents deserve, but good luck to him he is fighting for himself and his family.
As i said earlier, i don't like him and his BS so i hope he gets beat. C'MON FLORES.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #72
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
I support who i like whether it be sports or anything else in life. We are all human beings after all. I don't like Danny Green at all so why on earth would i support him ?
Singing the national anthem ? Green isn't representing Australia in his fight against Flores so i don't understand why the national anthem's world be played at the event. It's not the Olympics or Commonwealth games where Green is just fighting for a medal and representing Australia.He's fighting for a shitload of money more than his talents deserve, but good luck to him he is fighting for himself and his family.
As i said earlier, i don't like him and his BS so i hope he gets beat. C'MON FLORES.
100% agree, you can support who you like mate.

As Rodin said earlier though, it's surprising an Aussie would delight in a Yank bashing a fellow Aussie, and taking away a world title held by Australia.

Like it or not, pro boxers are representing their country, and for that reason it's been a long held traditional that they play the national anthems prior to world title fights.

Do you think they should have played our national anthem when Lionel Rose went over to Tokyo, fought Harada and against all odds won his world title?

....or when Ellis, or Fenech, or Harding won theirs?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #73
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
100% agree, you can support who you like mate.

As Rodin said earlier though, it's surprising an Aussie would delight in a Yank bashing a fellow Aussie, and taking away a world title held by Australia.

Like it or not, pro boxers are representing their country, and for that reason it's been a long held traditional that they play the national anthems prior to world title fights.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #74
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,168
vCash: 346
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Rose colour glasses syndrome anyone? Plenty of people want to see Mundine bashed and his titles taken from him, whats suprizing about that compared to Green? They have both been pulling the same crap now for sometime so its not suprizing more and more people are backing opponents of Green and Mundine simply because they no longer support Mundine or Green and want to see them get flogged, its part and parcle of this sport it has nothing to do with what country you are or arent from if thats the case according to Rodins theory we should all be rooting for Mundine each time he fights an opponent from overseas!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #75
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: green next opponent announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Rose colour glasses syndrome anyone? Plenty of people want to see Mundine bashed and his titles taken from him, whats suprizing about that compared to Green? They have both been pulling the same crap now for sometime so its not suprizing more and more people are backing opponents of Green and Mundine simply because they no longer support Mundine or Green and want to see them get flogged, its part and parcle of this sport it has nothing to do with what country you are or arent from if thats the case according to Rodins theory we should all be rooting for Mundine each time he fights an opponent from overseas!
If they are WORTHY opponents it's very hard to understand why a true Aussie would go against our own local bloke!

If our bloke's fighting a bum on the other hand, yeah maybe you could argue for the underdog.

In this case Green is stepping up against a worthy opponent, and people who reckon they're Aussies are hoping a Yank will beat him and take away a title held by Australia.

Our history is of a proud country that supports it's own FFS! Unfortunately a lot of people around here aren't old and ugly enough to realise that.

We'll soon be just as shit house as many other countries if this kind of shit catches on.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013