the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Interesting little 4 man Tournament

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Vic Darchinyan to fight Mexican Abner Mares in December

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Set to fight Mexican...Vic Darchinyan. Picture: Getty Images Source: Getty Images

AUSTRALIAN boxer Vic Darchinyan will fight unbeaten Mexican Abner Mares in December, as part of a four-man bantamweight tournament.

Three-division world title winner Darchinyan (35-2-1, 27 KOs) is set to defend his IBO bantamweight world title against Mares (20-0-1, 13 KOs) in either Las Vegas or Los Angeles, on December 18, according to the Australian fighter's manager, Elias Nassar.
The other fight in the tournament on that day will pit IBF bantamweight champion Yonnhy Perez (20-0-1, 14 KOs) against Kenyan Joseph Agbeko (27-2, 22 KOs).
Nassar said the winners of the two bouts were expected to square off in the United States around next February.
Darchinyan could get the chance to avenge his July 2009 points defeat to the then IBF bantamweight champion Agbeko, who lost his title in his next defence against Columbian Perez last October.
Start of sidebar. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

End of sidebar. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Perez blotted the previously unblemished professional record of Mares, by boxing a draw with the Mexican back in May.
the beaver is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Interesting little 4 man Tournament

Terrific doubleheader down at 118 pounds.
The winner of this small tourny is probably number 2 only behind unified WBC/WBO Champ Fernando Montiel, as i would rate the winner of this 4 man tourny much higher than WBA Champ Moreno.
Hope i am prooven wrong by Vic, but i think he has bitten off a little more than he can chew in Mares. Tho Vic is always a punchers chance & he wont die wondering.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Two fantastic fights on the same bill! Excellent! Hanging to see it!

November and December are sahping up as expensive months on the pay per view front with Pac v Marg, Kat v JMMM, potentially Cotto v Chavez and this. I may as well have my salary paid directly to Main Event!

I think Vic will struggle with Mares who looks the goods. Hopefully Vic's greater experience and ridiculous power will save him but I would not put my testicles on it.

Agbeko V Perez will be a war as these cats know no other way. Both bouts have real FOTY potential! Bring them on!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
Two fantastic fights on the same bill! Excellent! Hanging to see it!

November and December are sahping up as expensive months on the pay per view front with Pac v Marg, Kat v JMMM, potentially Cotto v Chavez and this. I may as well have my salary paid directly to Main Event!

I think Vic will struggle with Mares who looks the goods. Hopefully Vic's greater experience and ridiculous power will save him but I would not put my testicles on it.

Agbeko V Perez will be a war as these cats know no other way. Both bouts have real FOTY potential! Bring them on!

Don't forget Mayweather v TBA in November as well in Macau ......... oops i was suppose to keep that a secret... stay tuned fellas
Old 09-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
Don't forget Mayweather v TBA in November as well in Macau ......... oops i was suppose to keep that a secret... stay tuned fellas
Beav, I am so confident that this fight will never happen I am willing to shout you unlimited action at the brothel of your choice if it does.

The Beav will be able to have as much beav as the Beav wants on me!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #6
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
Beav, I am so confident that this fight will never happen I am willing to shout you unlimited action at the brothel of your choice if it does.

The Beav will be able to have as much beav as the Beav wants on me!

Not PBF V Pacman, i mean PBF against an unknown opponent at this stage. Chinese Gov are putting in 20mil up front to Pretty Boy.

Stay tuned.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum