stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Anthony Mundine Punchy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
what was mandys response?

I like what the Hungarian has to say, pitty no ones told mundane. The only way to get any credibility back is to fight a top rated opponent, he would sure raise some eyebrows and ticket sales / PPV sales if he brought out cotto, he may soon have to because atm Green is about to surpass mundane. RJJ now Flores.

Mundane only seems to want to fight the locals or import argies, japs etc his not going after the real world title holders or he would make them some SOLID offers and put it in the papers instead he brings up their name so we all belive his in the same league as these guys, to simply put it, he is not! Yes his a great talent but has grown to be a huge dissapointment and resembles somewhat of a con artist, taking the australian public for a free joy ride at the paying viewers expenses.

I hope he fights Garth soon, whilst Garth doesnt have the experiance he hits like a mule and is very awkard to read, i thnk Garth would stop Many no problem if he lands one of his wild punches, i think its very strange how the show was pinned up on the fight with Mandy and now its been 9 months since Garth won but still no offical fight date has been set? Is he being drip fed by Mandy? i notice Garths been put on a few of Mandys cards.
he looked quite uncomfortable and tip-toed around the issue somewhat. he said he has taken the odd easy fight but how hard it is to negotiate a big name fight. he seemed more humble than normal. those that have met him know that the real bloke is a humble, nice guy who is very generous with his time to help anyone out. the ****head we see on tv is his character, much like a wwe character, that he uses to generate enough interest/hate to sell fights and make a mozza...
my guess is after this and his wood fight he will make an excuse as to why cotto or mayweather wont face him, fight a couple of cabbies and fade away from our lives.... leaving a bitter taste in many peoples mouths having watched one of the most potential talents of our country totally go to waste....
stewy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #32
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
my guess is after this and his wood fight he will make an excuse as to why cotto or mayweather wont face him, fight a couple of cabbies and fade away from our lives.... leaving a bitter taste in many peoples mouths having watched one of the most potential talents of our country totally go to waste....
"having LISTENED one of the most potential talents of our country go totally to waste".

and the ***** made millions from it.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #33
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
....my guess is after this and his wood fight he will make an excuse as to why cotto or mayweather wont face him, fight a couple of cabbies and fade away from our lives...
That type of ending is looking more and more likely IMO as well, and on that basis that 'he's not in it for the money', he might as well hang the gloves up now.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #34
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yeah well, every time you use an ATM, some banker dog gets $2 from you. how often do you do that a month? a year? a lifetime? what interest are you paying on loans? credit cards?

who is really there to hate?

mundine at least put his chin on the line against blokes i wouldnt have fought.....and served as entertainment.....

the banks take your money, use it, and charge you for your use of your own money......perhaps hate sould be re-directed.?

happy ramadan people.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #35
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
It was actually an interesting interview and he came across as basically a decent guy which I suspect he is! I do not necessarily think he is punchy as he has always struggled to string together articulate and coherent sentences and it does seem he has resigned himself to the fact that he will continue to fight bums for the balance of his career. His attempts to promote the Waters fight were half-hearted to say the least.

The sands of time are running low for Mundine! if he was fair dinkum about wanting to fight the best he would immediately:

(1) pay off Garth Wood so that abomination of a fight goes away;
(2) sack that ****ing douche Nasser;
(3) relocate to the US of A and get himself a promotor like Gary Shaw or Golden Girl with their respective Showtime and HBO pull who can get him onto US TV pronto
</p>
mate his ship has well and truly sailed.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #36
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
yeah well, every time you use an ATM, some banker dog gets $2 from you. how often do you do that a month? a year? a lifetime? what interest are you paying on loans? credit cards?

who is really there to hate?

mundine at least put his chin on the line against blokes i wouldnt have fought.....and served as entertainment.....

the banks take your money, use it, and charge you for your use of your own money......perhaps hate sould be re-directed.?

happy ramadan people.

Ummmm.....Khoder Nasser maybe for deliberately stooging fight fans and along the way a self important mostly gullible "The Pioneer".....that catch phrase alone speaks volumes.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #37
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He seemed like the shadow of old mundine, Except when putting **** on Green.

Hearing rabs mention Cotto was hilarious, some1 should sound grab him calling out Floyd. I was scared...

Last edited by thejokerswild; 09-10-2010 at 01:26 AM.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #38
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anyone sensing in 20yrs time if Mundine is broke and down on his luck he'll release a Bio saying i wish i didn't trust a certain someone manager
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #39
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Mundine sux.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #40
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
mundine sux.
+1
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #41
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
The only original thing he's ever done was to get knocked out by Ottke.
NICE 1
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #42
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
he looked quite uncomfortable and tip-toed around the issue somewhat. he said he has taken the odd easy fight but how hard it is to negotiate a big name fight. he seemed more humble than normal. those that have met him know that the real bloke is a humble, nice guy who is very generous with his time to help anyone out. the ****head we see on tv is his character, much like a wwe character, that he uses to generate enough interest/hate to sell fights and make a mozza...
Id have to agree that his a nice bloke in person etc. I honestly dont think he will get past Woods, he can get cotto out here with money easy but because it IS about the money he trys to get cheap opponents to keep us all happy and content.

I think cotto would be a good fight, huge step up and he could win it but if he keeps second guessing himself and taking no risks than he will fade out quickly without even having to retire, its already started to occur and its why i suspect he is being so humble now on TV. Its really his own fault, he has the finanical backing to pull the big names to our shores but fails to do so, Green is one up on him now and he knows this, possibly two up on him if we count Flores.

If his chasing cotto/mayweather he should hurry up about it because staying at that weight is no good for him, stripping all the time etc he doesnt have much time left in that division before he will be forced to either go back up and or retire. Isnt Woods Light Middle? im a bit suss on the woods fight even going through, if Mandy waiting for Woods to curl over and die? he should have got that out of the way asap, the longer he allows woods to rack up experiance the more dangerouse woods will become.

I know some think Woods is an easy task for Mandy but i honestly think Woods has to much power and awkardness for Mandy to deal with, very similar to Sakio Bika imo.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #43
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Id have to agree that his a nice bloke in person etc. I honestly dont think he will get past Woods, he can get cotto out here with money easy but because it IS about the money he trys to get cheap opponents to keep us all happy and content.

I think cotto would be a good fight, huge step up and he could win it but if he keeps second guessing himself and taking no risks than he will fade out quickly without even having to retire, its already started to occur and its why i suspect he is being so humble now on TV. Its really his own fault, he has the finanical backing to pull the big names to our shores but fails to do so, Green is one up on him now and he knows this, possibly two up on him if we count Flores.

If his chasing cotto/mayweather he should hurry up about it because staying at that weight is no good for him, stripping all the time etc he doesnt have much time left in that division before he will be forced to either go back up and or retire. Isnt Woods Light Middle? im a bit suss on the woods fight even going through, if Mandy waiting for Woods to curl over and die? he should have got that out of the way asap, the longer he allows woods to rack up experiance the more dangerouse woods will become.

I know some think Woods is an easy task for Mandy but i honestly think Woods has to much power and awkardness for Mandy to deal with, very similar to Sakio Bika imo.

Mate i think your giving Woods too much credit.
kel is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 05:21 AM   #44
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
woods is pretty raw, but if he connectswith just one - ala crazy kim - Mundine will be doing an ottke special...
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #45
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
woods is pretty raw, but if he connectswith just one - ala crazy kim - Mundine will be doing an ottke special...
If The Pioneer fights Woods I gaurantee it will be one of the worst fights ever seen on these shores....

Thier styles are poles apart....it will be ugly and frustrating fight to watch as The Pioneer runs away or constantly turns his back and whinges about getting cracked on the back of the scone...

Woods will get annoyed and end up wrestling The Pioneer to the ground...

You bet....this will be a laugh..

Could this fight be anymore predicatble...
boxoncottonon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum