chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Good KO win by Gostelow against Dulog.
Never rated Savidis doesnt surprise me he got ko'd. I had that feeling with him.

Yeah Trent won by Ko 2nd round. Called Dazza & thats wat he said.
Cant always trust Dazza tho.
Just joking bro.
Yep, I watched the fight. Trent dominated the fight from the outset and just sussed the other bloke out first round. Second round he hit him well with a right and then followed that up with a body shot in the corner. Referee asked if he had enough and he said "yeahhhh" and then he stopped it and he goes "what why???"
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #62
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
One word from all reports on what lost him the bout..CUTS....

Changed his mindset from what i gather..Went from 5-1 rounds up and in control to being tko'd..

Very dissapointing...
Cols cuts were minimal. After the fight he had one he was whinging about but it didnt even need a stitch.
NOTHING to do with cuts.

Good on izzy Kani. That fight was always going to points before it started, but two great lads going toe to toe. Well done Iz.
westside is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #63
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ease up mate,nobody is claiming that they are worldbeaters.

Just a bunch of tough domestic fighters putting on a good show..

It may be awhile before oz ever produces some quality heavies so have to do with these hardnosed but very limited skilled fighters..

One thing you will always get is action packed fights with these fellas who generally go for the big shots until they run out of puff or knock their opponent out..

Also who really gives a **** what other nations think anyway??

Are you a bitch??You care too much about what other think waynesfemale..
No mate i care because the heavyweights SUCK and i care for fighters who have some ****ing skills rather then over the hill fighters who would lose to these NRL heavyweights.

Heavyweighgts today are LAZY, UNDERTRAINED, SLACK SLOBS who dont really want to bust their arse to really be champ. All they do is weights and pump up so they have these big arse arms and chest and shit all Stamina and no skills to back it up.

****ing Katsidis would have beatten these two so called Heavyweights and the guy is a lightweight and i am deadset serious he woule beat them. Wilson has NO JAB, and only a left straight which after 2 rounds is that slow a damn snail would make him miss.

Bob is just over the hill and lacks really training but the guy in his day could have been something but fact still is The guys of the Heavyweight divison IN THE WORLD are slack lazy bums. **** shakes i train 3 hours a day 7 days a week and those fools dont even train 1 hour.

It is a Joke that these guys can even call themselves boxers at times and I am talking about these so called world champions also besides Shane Cameron, Chris Arreola and maybe Alexander Povetkin are the only guys who might bring the heavyweight divison back to where it belongs because at the moment i rather go watch tennis or some shit then these so called fighters.

because Strong doesn't mean they are real fighgters and it is about time they learn this. Stamina, Speed, Skills and Power are just some of the keys needed to win not just strength.

Now everyone has their own thoughts on this topic but fact is and i mean FACT is the sport of boxing depends greatly on how the Heavyweight Divison runs and who fights within it's ranks and today boxing is suffering because besides the hardcore fans (who also agree with me) that the Heavyweights suck but the problem is with the normal every day sports person.

The normal sports fan could not name ONE heavyweight and i'll be willing for someone to go upto just normal people on the streets and ask them WHO IS SAMULE PETER? or WHO IS Sultan Ibraqimov and i bet no one could say they were Heavyweight boxers.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
waynesmale is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #64
gloveup
Journeyman

What a fantastic effort and determination Bob showed tonight after coming off two loses. It is unbelievable what he is doing at that age and you have to take your hat off to a good honest hard working fighter. Well done and great work also to Colin who also put in and has given boxing fans some tremendous years. Both are to be congratulated.
Dino Billinghurst
gloveup is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #65
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxa01
Trent Wehrman i am the 2nd fight
Hey mate i hope you went well.
I havnt watched the fights yet, but ill watch the replay today.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #66
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

well done boxa01 you done well...
waynesmale **** off katsidis would beat them both are you serious? i like katsidis as much as the next bloke but the hype you give him is unbelievable, he was cut up completely against amonsot who was spose to be a tune up/look good sort of fight turned out to be a war, against graham earl he was put on his ass and was stunned a couple of times although he won, katsidis still has to take on a big name to prove he deserves to be among the top 5 in the division....
i give you this the heavyweight division still has talent all of the eastern european are changing the style of fights, yes there not mike tysoneqsue but they are very effective in how they do it....
vlad klitchko and vitaly are great fighters, fit also, povetkin is amazing for a guy so young, chagaev, ibragimov who fights alot smarter now....
just because there not going through all out wars doesnt mean there not good fighters...
bob and col arent the best heavies in australia but for what theyve done they deserve to fight it out for the title....

in australia we have sol homono, mark de mori, kali meehan, bowie tupou (even though now in us) there all good heavyweights and if each continues to put in i think will make it a long way... so dont ****n rat out the heavyweight division because i bet you wouldnt even dare shaping up to any of them
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #67
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside
Cols cuts were minimal. After the fight he had one he was whinging about but it didnt even need a stitch.
NOTHING to do with cuts.

Good on izzy Kani. That fight was always going to points before it started, but two great lads going toe to toe. Well done Iz.
Talking bout Shane Cameron fight mate..

Sorry for the confusion..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #68
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza Dawg
Yep, I watched the fight. Trent dominated the fight from the outset and just sussed the other bloke out first round. Second round he hit him well with a right and then followed that up with a body shot in the corner. Referee asked if he had enough and he said "yeahhhh" and then he stopped it and he goes "what why???"
Yeah i watched the replay of that.
Funny stuff.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #69
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
No mate i care because the heavyweights SUCK and i care for fighters who have some ****ing skills rather then over the hill fighters who would lose to these NRL heavyweights.

Heavyweighgts today are LAZY, UNDERTRAINED, SLACK SLOBS who dont really want to bust their arse to really be champ. All they do is weights and pump up so they have these big arse arms and chest and shit all Stamina and no skills to back it up.

****ing Katsidis would have beatten these two so called Heavyweights and the guy is a lightweight and i am deadset serious he woule beat them. Wilson has NO JAB, and only a left straight which after 2 rounds is that slow a damn snail would make him miss.

Bob is just over the hill and lacks really training but the guy in his day could have been something but fact still is The guys of the Heavyweight divison IN THE WORLD are slack lazy bums. **** shakes i train 3 hours a day 7 days a week and those fools dont even train 1 hour.

It is a Joke that these guys can even call themselves boxers at times and I am talking about these so called world champions also besides Shane Cameron, Chris Arreola and maybe Alexander Povetkin are the only guys who might bring the heavyweight divison back to where it belongs because at the moment i rather go watch tennis or some shit then these so called fighters.

because Strong doesn't mean they are real fighgters and it is about time they learn this. Stamina, Speed, Skills and Power are just some of the keys needed to win not just strength.

Now everyone has their own thoughts on this topic but fact is and i mean FACT is the sport of boxing depends greatly on how the Heavyweight Divison runs and who fights within it's ranks and today boxing is suffering because besides the hardcore fans (who also agree with me) that the Heavyweights suck but the problem is with the normal every day sports person.

The normal sports fan could not name ONE heavyweight and i'll be willing for someone to go upto just normal people on the streets and ask them WHO IS SAMULE PETER? or WHO IS Sultan Ibraqimov and i bet no one could say they were Heavyweight boxers.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You lost me completely with the great Katsidis beating heavyweights up..

You are a idiot..
Old 11-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #70
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Hows Warwick Cappers explanation for being the round card girl?

I saw him in the background chatting up all the girls and had a laugh, he was standing up blocking everyones view with a head of hair that Fabio would kill for. Bloody 'Worrick' I thought to myself.
I'm furiously typing out the first round report for the round by round when I hear the crowd ark up. I look up to see Warwick strutting around holding the card for round 2 and basking in the catcalls and boos. Just as I submit my post I hear him cry "But the girls asked me too!" with a huge shit eating grin on his face.

Warwick Capper. Only in Australia!
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #71
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You lost me completely with the great Katsidis beating heavyweights up..

You are a idiot..
Mike spars heavyweighgts mate and sparred Green during the 2000 games so dont talk about this unless you know something about the sport. Fact still is the heavyweights suck and guys like Mike would truly beat them even as a lightweight.

Take Mosley who spars Brewster and they said Mosley held his own and thats a guy who is MUCH smaller then Brewster.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #72
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

do u seriously think the heavyweights are trying to punch hard? do you know the whole idea of a heavier guy sparring someone light, for 2 reasons to get the lighter guy use to a heavy guy coming forward against them and using angles and soo forth to combat that, and to get the heavyweight to use movement it works both ways otherwise if brester was to land a full fledged hook when he backs up mosley do you seriously think mosley would get up? wake the fuk up idiot....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #73
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Mike spars heavyweighgts mate and sparred Green during the 2000 games so dont talk about this unless you know something about the sport. Fact still is the heavyweights suck and guys like Mike would truly beat them even as a lightweight.

Take Mosley who spars Brewster and they said Mosley held his own and thats a guy who is MUCH smaller then Brewster.
You are a idiot...

When im fighting its usually at around the mid 70kg mark and i spar with the heavies and super heavies(im in the amateurs) but as already mentioned they dont go all out to belt the shit out of me.Its all about us fine tuning our defence like the bigger guys trying to stay out of the way of my quicker hands and myself learning to combat the pressures of a bigger stronger guy with me using angles etc..

You hear a few stories on the grapevine about mosley and Katsidis sparring bigger guys and them HOLDING THEIR OWN and suddenly they can beat heavyweights..

Sparring isnt anything like the real thing its at times a little heated but generally hard intense TRAINING at most..

You havent boxed before have you???

You do know that the elite fighters can spar up to 100plus rounds against all shapes,sizes and styles leading up to a fight...

Katsidis gets cut to shreds by a little philo but wouldnt have trouble defeating 6ft3 115kg mirovic,who aint no slouch when it comes to taking a beating and dishing one out himself ON HEAVYWEIGHTS..

You sure did choose a very stupid way to TRY explain how bad the heavyweights of australia and overseas are...

Give yourself a uppercut you dribbler.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:00 AM   #74
Peterp
Contender
ESB Senior Member

was one ugly fight
Peterp is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 05:21 AM   #75
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
Hows Warwick Cappers explanation for being the round card girl?

I saw him in the background chatting up all the girls and had a laugh, he was standing up blocking everyones view with a head of hair that Fabio would kill for. Bloody 'Worrick' I thought to myself.
I'm furiously typing out the first round report for the round by round when I hear the crowd ark up. I look up to see Warwick strutting around holding the card for round 2 and basking in the catcalls and boos. Just as I submit my post I hear him cry "But the girls asked me too!" with a huge shit eating grin on his face.

Warwick Capper. Only in Australia!
I was at the fight card and capper is a **** wit and those poor Ring card girls who had to put up that shit from that clown, At the after party you should have heard them whinging about him groping them and there all strippers.
T.C.W is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum