Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #76
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
You are a idiot...

When im fighting its usually at around the mid 70kg mark and i spar with the heavies and super heavies(im in the amateurs) but as already mentioned they dont go all out to belt the shit out of me.Its all about us fine tuning our defence like the bigger guys trying to stay out of the way of my quicker hands and myself learning to combat the pressures of a bigger stronger guy with me using angles etc..

You hear a few stories on the grapevine about mosley and Katsidis sparring bigger guys and them HOLDING THEIR OWN and suddenly they can beat heavyweights..

Sparring isnt anything like the real thing its at times a little heated but generally hard intense TRAINING at most..

You havent boxed before have you???

You do know that the elite fighters can spar up to 100plus rounds against all shapes,sizes and styles leading up to a fight...

Katsidis gets cut to shreds by a little philo but wouldnt have trouble defeating 6ft3 115kg mirovic,who aint no slouch when it comes to taking a beating and dishing one out himself ON HEAVYWEIGHTS..

You sure did choose a very stupid way to TRY explain how bad the heavyweights of australia and overseas are...

Give yourself a uppercut you dribbler.
Mate i dont need to explian how bad aussies are in the heavyweights and you want a good example ok....who was the last heavyweight champ?.......Who was the last TRUE aussie to fight for hte heavyweight title and dont give me this Meehan bull5hit.

Sad part is mate i train every day 3 hours a day including running, sparring, skipping, weights, heavybag, speedball, doubleb end ball and much more crap and point i am making is even me a guy who not a pro fighter would have far better Stamina and speed then these so-called pro heavyweights and I am just a normal guy while these suckers get paid to be failers.

Not just the Aussie heavyweights but the world heavyweights are all nothing but clowns now and it shows in the sport. Without a true heavyweight the average sports fan doesnt care about boxing unless there is a true heavyweight like Tyson.

Plus you say they take it easy and still beat you well good for them IT IS THEIR F*(KING JOB and it doesn't change the fact that they suck. Just look at the top 10 in Oz heavyweights and find a guy without 20 defeats to their name besides EX NRL players.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 AM   #77
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Mark De Mori?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #78
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Mate i dont need to explian how bad aussies are in the heavyweights and you want a good example ok....who was the last heavyweight champ?.......Who was the last TRUE aussie to fight for hte heavyweight title and dont give me this Meehan bull5hit.

Sad part is mate i train every day 3 hours a day including running, sparring, skipping, weights, heavybag, speedball, doubleb end ball and much more crap and point i am making is even me a guy who not a pro fighter would have far better Stamina and speed then these so-called pro heavyweights and I am just a normal guy while these suckers get paid to be failers.

Not just the Aussie heavyweights but the world heavyweights are all nothing but clowns now and it shows in the sport. Without a true heavyweight the average sports fan doesnt care about boxing unless there is a true heavyweight like Tyson.

Plus you say they take it easy and still beat you well good for them IT IS THEIR F*(KING JOB and it doesn't change the fact that they suck. Just look at the top 10 in Oz heavyweights and find a guy without 20 defeats to their name besides EX NRL players.
Some1 is alittle jealous..I bet you go to bed at night wishing you were the heavyweight champion of the world,but when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror you realise that you are just a jealous nobody..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #79
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

waynesmale, what weight are you?
Bobby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #80
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Some1 is alittle jealous..I bet you go to bed at night wishing you were the heavyweight champion of the world,but when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror you realise that you are just a jealous nobody..
man no joke i go to bed wondering why i dont gain some weight and become the Australian heavyweight champ. They are that bad even I believe i would beat them and HOW well just run and jab and that would win because they have the WORST jabs in boxing well matter of fact they have no jab and they would be tired after 3 mins of boxing their stamina is that bad.

Swear even I could walk into the nearest NRL or AFL club yell out who wants to be Heavyweight champ and from each club i bet 3 to 4 men would beat Bob anytime and anywhere thats how sad it really is and you clearly are blind to that or live in a fantasy world mate.

Surly you can see the stat of the Heavyweight divison?

Last edited by Irish; 08-28-2006 at 05:15 PM.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #81
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
waynesmale, what weight are you?
81.3 kgs at the moment, Hight 6'2" but want to get down to 79kgs by december.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #82
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Lance Gostelow - I am beyond impressed, probably the most impressed of all the Australian fighter out there not holding a title. Good balance, fast hands, hard punch, good counterpunching skills and a good patient approach.

PS. The last time I rated good prospect was Bassem Chami - I am hoping Lance has a better moral compass than Mr Chami and not get shot for his indiscretions
nrgetic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #83
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

waynesmale, i understnad what you are saying about the heavyweights, as a pro myself i have found that there are certain fighters who never look good but get the job done, col and bob are like aussie john ruiz's, nothing flash but effective experienced old cats, i think you will find as i did when i continued to move up in weight that the bigger you are the less punches you can throw, as any one over 100kg can agree with, everhyone is entitled to their opinion but i truly beleive if you ever do some hard sparring with one of these 118kg giants you will soon find a new respect for them.
Bobby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #84
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
waynesmale, i understnad what you are saying about the heavyweights, as a pro myself i have found that there are certain fighters who never look good but get the job done, col and bob are like aussie john ruiz's, nothing flash but effective experienced old cats, i think you will find as i did when i continued to move up in weight that the bigger you are the less punches you can throw, as any one over 100kg can agree with, everhyone is entitled to their opinion but i truly beleive if you ever do some hard sparring with one of these 118kg giants you will soon find a new respect for them.
Na na dont get me wrong mate i totally respect them and what they do i am just upset that these guys are the best we have at 41 years old with what 19 defeats Big Bob has and he is our champion.

He is a guy in his prime and if he trained at a young age rather then turning pro late could have maybe gone somewhere it's those guys with no excuse who are young and should be able to at least have a decent body and fight with more stamina thats where i get upset.

Bob can only do what his aging Body allows but I am just talking about these young heavyweights who get puffed out after 3 minutes of work that just shocks me lol.

Now check out this kid who i think is the next big thing in the heavyweights but I have said that before. He is young tough and fights hard and this was a clip of his 2nd fight and this is what i want to see more of in the heavyweight divison.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

but dont get me wrong i totally respect any fighter who gets inside the ring but I just have to laugh when they are the best we have.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #85
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

bob is 41, but he will be the first to tell you he is a much better fighter from his mid thirties on, some big guys mature later, oleg maskaev is 37 and is one of the champions, as for being puffed in 3 mins, even the great holyfield was seen to be totally out of gas after 2 or 3 rounds if he went hard, moorer2 and czyz fights good examples, but then he rests and come back, no matter how fit you are if you go to hard early you will die in the ass, i have learnt the hard way

re boystov fight, i agree he looks impressive, but that style of hands high and ring movement is very very hard to do for a long time, it works well in the amatuers and short pro fights but i think youll find he will be worn down and beaten up if he fights with that pace and style against a top heavyweight.
Bobby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #86
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Na na dont get me wrong mate i totally respect them and what they do i am just upset that these guys are the best we have at 41 years old with what 19 defeats Big Bob has and he is our champion.

He is a guy in his prime and if he trained at a young age rather then turning pro late could have maybe gone somewhere it's those guys with no excuse who are young and should be able to at least have a decent body and fight with more stamina thats where i get upset.

Bob can only do what his aging Body allows but I am just talking about these young heavyweights who get puffed out after 3 minutes of work that just shocks me lol.

Now check out this kid who i think is the next big thing in the heavyweights but I have said that before. He is young tough and fights hard and this was a clip of his 2nd fight and this is what i want to see more of in the heavyweight divison.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

but dont get me wrong i totally respect any fighter who gets inside the ring but I just have to laugh when they are the best we have.
Time for you to put the weight on and step in the ring as a heavyweight.Your 6ft2 so your got the height to be a heavy.

As Bobby mentioned you will find a new found respect once copping a punch from a 115kg man.

I havent once said the likes of big bob etc are good let alone great but they produce some good wars for us domestic viewers.

Im more interested on what Bobby would think about your comment that MIKE KATSIDIS would beat the current crop of Aussie heavyweights.You mainly mentioned mirovic..

So BOBBY you think Mike Katsidis could beat Big Bob Mirovic or some of our other crop of heavyweights??MAYBE YOURSELF??

Dont for one second think i agree with this crazy shit...

This Waynesmale has alot of bitterness towards the current lucklustre heavyweight boxing scene,though wont do shit about it and man up and jump in the ring.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #87
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Time for you to put the weight on and step in the ring as a heavyweight.Your 6ft2 so your got the height to be a heavy.

As Bobby mentioned you will find a new found respect once copping a punch from a 115kg man.

I havent once said the likes of big bob etc are good let alone great but they produce some good wars for us domestic viewers.

Im more interested on what Bobby would think about your comment that MIKE KATSIDIS would beat the current crop of Aussie heavyweights.You mainly mentioned mirovic..

So BOBBY you think Mike Katsidis could beat Big Bob Mirovic or some of our other crop of heavyweights??MAYBE YOURSELF??

Dont for one second think i agree with this crazy shit...

This Waynesmale has alot of bitterness towards the current lucklustre heavyweight boxing scene,though wont do shit about it and man up and jump in the ring.
man up you say and you call me a fool. I am 81 kgs and 6'2" what would I want to become a fat slow chump when i can be at LH divion? So what i just get fat and my speed and stamina just fade away like all these Heavyweight fighters?

Tell ya this they might punch hell out of me but fact is would they land? That is what i question with the speed of those shots and the fact I am far more of a body power puncher which is sad to say because no one in the sport MOST OF ALL The heavyweighgts attacks the body like the glory days of boxing.

To chop down a tree you never start from the top but work away at the base my friend and If i had the chance to spar these guys I would jump at the chance and I know your answer would be THEY WILL SMASH me and you know what THEY BLOODY SHOT IT IS THEIR JOB.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #88
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mirovic Wilson Fri nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
man up you say and you call me a fool. I am 81 kgs and 6'2" what would I want to become a fat slow chump when i can be at LH divion? So what i just get fat and my speed and stamina just fade away like all these Heavyweight fighters?

Tell ya this they might punch hell out of me but fact is would they land? That is what i question with the speed of those shots and the fact I am far more of a body power puncher which is sad to say because no one in the sport MOST OF ALL The heavyweighgts attacks the body like the glory days of boxing.

To chop down a tree you never start from the top but work away at the base my friend and If i had the chance to spar these guys I would jump at the chance and I know your answer would be THEY WILL SMASH me and you know what THEY BLOODY SHOT IT IS THEIR JOB.
You dont have to be FAT to be a heavyweight..At 6ft2 you could carry 98-105kgs easily..

And i aint going to say you would get smashed as i havent seen you box before.But you talk good game and seem to think its so simple so do it....Go to your nearest gym and start sparring the heavies.

Tell them you dont want them to go soft and then get back to me with a honest story of events..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013