Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Juan Manuel Marquez And Manny Pacqiuao

first off, why do people say marquez went neck and neck with barrera in a close ass fight.....the fight was hella good and action packed, but only cause marquez wanted to make a statement, the scores weren't close at all....

manny was hella cautious this time around vs barrera, and when they traded, barrera got the better of him even dazing him a bit....

i'm just curious to know why the hell manny fans think manny will steam roll over marquez, when it's clear that marquez already had the upper hand in there first fight.....

i know it's been a couple of years, and many think juan has declined a bit....but you gotta understand that juan has always been a natural counter-puncher (main reason why morales and barrera wanted no part of him back in the day).....it wasn't until recent that marquez has came out of his shell and shown that he can dish out some ****en pain...

if juans chin can hold up, i honestly think he whoooops manny , cuts, blood and broken ribs
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez And Manny Pacqiuao

Never underestimate Manny.

This time his feet wont itch and he wont have menstral cramps.
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Marquez by either wide unanimous decision or maybe late round TKO!! Dont expect MArquez to be trading the whole twelve rounds with Pac like he has lately with lesser fighters. Expect MArquez to surgically pick Pac apart.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Never underestimate Manny.

This time his feet wont itch and he wont have menstral cramps.
i'll never underestimate pac, but he fought juan at his best and still couldn't beat him.....juan fought him when he was barely coming out of his shell....as a matter of fact, juan came out that night....i was like WHOA !!! this aint the marquez im used to seeing...

i'm just wondering what makes pac fans think he will smash on marquez with no worries at all...
Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

I agree to an extent that JMM and Mab wasnt even as close as many are making it out to be, I scored that fight 7-4-1 for Marquez and I was really pulling for Barrera.

But LOL @ you freddy for saying Pac being cautious,losing exchanges and getting dazed against Mab. Pac was the one pressing the action the entire fight, what the **** do you want him to do swing wildly like a retard like Hamed try to do. Pac was never dazed, except for maybe that shot in the break which resulted in a point deduction. And as for exchanges, Mab only won one exhange and that was in the fifth round, he tried to exchange in the 11th but got hurt bigtime and cheapshotted Pac to buy himself time.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom
I agree to an extent that JMM and Mab wasnt even as close as many are making it out to be, I scored that fight 7-4-1 for Marquez and I was really pulling for Barrera.

But LOL @ you freddy for saying Pac being cautious,losing exchanges and getting dazed against Mab. Pac was the one pressing the action the entire fight, what the **** do you want him to do swing wildly like a retard like Hamed try to do. Pac was never dazed, except for maybe that shot in the break which resulted in a point deduction. And as for exchanges, Mab only won one exhange and that was in the fifth round, he tried to exchange in the 11th but got hurt bigtime and cheapshotted Pac to buy himself time.
ANSWER THE QUESTION ****ER

and dont give me that shit...manny didnt fight like the manny you grew to love...he was hella cautious watching his every step......and when they exchanged, barrera put his game face on while manny seemed a bit stunned.....i dont mean hurt, but more like surprised....i hate barrera for fighting all cautious too, but it is what it is and both fighters had MADD RESPECT for each other.....
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

Punch stats for MAB-PAC 2

................................MAB...PAC
Total Landed...............111....249
Power punches landed....75....169
Jabs landed..................36.....80

Punch stats for MAB-JMM

................................MAB...JMM
Total Landed...............262....255

Last edited by PATSYS; 10-30-2007 at 01:53 PM.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

marquez is a much more dangerous opponent for pac compared to both mab and erik. but i think punching power-wise and chin-wise, mab was a little bit better than jmm. so pac definitely has a good chance depending on how jmm's chin will hold up and if jmm chooses to trade a bit.
Chert is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATSYS
Punch stats for MAB-PAC 2

................................MAB...PAC
Total Landed...............111....249
Power punches landed....75....169
Jabs landed..................80.....36

Punch stats for MAB-JMM

................................MAB...JMM
Total Landed...............262....255
i remember pac even outlanded mab in jabs... there is an error in those stats.
Chert is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #10
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Chert is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Pacman get hit way too much by an old ass Barrera, alot more than i expected, and that's not good.. if pacman fights scared like that against, Marquez, it's going to be an easy night for JMM.
well, old ass barrera also hit jmm way too much than i expected in their fight. that's why jmm was kd'd by mab. seems like this is a clear indication that jmm has already lost some of his speed and reflexes thus he's getting hit more in recent fights.
Chert is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #12
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
first off, why do people say marquez went neck and neck with barrera in a close ass fight.....the fight was hella good and action packed, but only cause marquez wanted to make a statement, the scores weren't close at all....

manny was hella cautious this time around vs barrera, and when they traded, barrera got the better of him even dazing him a bit....

i'm just curious to know why the hell manny fans think manny will steam roll over marquez, when it's clear that marquez already had the upper hand in there first fight.....

i know it's been a couple of years, and many think juan has declined a bit....but you gotta understand that juan has always been a natural counter-puncher (main reason why morales and barrera wanted no part of him back in the day).....it wasn't until recent that marquez has came out of his shell and shown that he can dish out some ****en pain...

if juans chin can hold up, i honestly think he whoooops manny , cuts, blood and broken ribs
I actually believe that MAB BEAT Juan. It was a close fight but MAB won that in my honest opinion. I think JMM will be a good fight for Manny...it will be a tough fight...I don't think he'll steam roll over him but I do believe he'll pull out the "W". This time I think it could be a KO.

And I don't think PAC was loosing against MAB during exchanges. MAB got the better of PAC a few times during exchanges but PAC almost dominated the fight completely.

There is no doubt JMM is the better technical fighter...his skills are ****ing money...but PAC's speed, power and relentless style will be a lot for Juan to keep up with. Counter punching is great and all but when you are trying to counter a 5, 6, or 7 punch combo you've got to be either really fast or the second comming of Pep.

Juan will do well but I think it's a pretty safe bet to say PAC wins.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #13
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Marquez had his opportunity.

Marquez may have won the rematch because while Pac is great at jumping in, he's not so great at getting out.

Often Pac jumps in, let's lose a combination, then just stands there.

Marquez caught onto this and blocked his initial punches and countered him after Pac was finished throwing.

Fact is though, Marquez decided to fight Chris John instead.

I understand it could have been pride that kept him from fighting Pac because negotiations fell apart, but if he really wanted the fight he would have taken it.

He drew Pac, he didn't beat him.

He should have delt with it. Just like Hopkins should have taken 60-40 against Jones.

Hopkins didn't want it, and neither did Marquez.

It's like the salvage car shop behind my house. The guy pushes cars, so if you don't want to buy one from him, he's not going to call you three times a day and bother you.

He's going to say, if you don't want it, get the **** off my property, and NO you can't test drive it. Gas is ****in expensive.

So yeah, he might have beat Pac in the rematch, but he had his opportunity and didn't take it.

Pac is moving up now.

Diaz is no less dangerous than Marquez if Pac decides to take it.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #14
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
i'll never underestimate pac, but he fought juan at his best and still couldn't beat him.....juan fought him when he was barely coming out of his shell....as a matter of fact, juan came out that night....i was like WHOA !!! this aint the marquez im used to seeing...

i'm just wondering what makes pac fans think he will smash on marquez with no worries at all...
To say Manny faught JMM at his best would be a lie. #1 PAC wasn't as diverse as he is now...#2 there were "excuses" going around about problems during the fight that could be true, could be false, but one thing about Manny is he's not one to make excuses....even in a loss ala his loss to EM. In boxing there are always concern...even when it's a "SURE BET"!

I even had my doubts that PAC would beat MAB this time round....the doubt didn't outweight my confidence in the outcome but with guys like JMM, MAB and EM....YOu can NEVER count them out. They are legitimately GREAT fighters who are warriors in every sense of the word.....But like any fight...there are educated decisions that can be made based on previous preformances, physical attributes or just looking at styles. All those factors can help make a pretty safe bet, but in the end....anything can happen in boxing.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #15
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
PAc isn't good enough to hang with a fighter like Marquez. He's pale compared to him.. weak... Lil bro Rafael would murder him at 122 so he better run..
Really? It's easy to see you just don't like PAC. You don't give him any respect at all and that's a shame. Manny is a fighter that doesn't just deserve respect...he's earned it. Even if you don't like him, what he does in the ring and how he conducts himself as a champion is something that demands respect.

Just as greats like MAB, EM and Juan deserve. You know how many times people have counted Pac out when faced against the 3 great Mexican fighters? EVERY TIME! Even the 2nd fight with MAB and EM, there were guys saying PAC just got lucky and he wasn't mentally prepared ect...ect...ect...PAC's belongs in the same breath of EM, MAB and JMM b/c he's just as good as they are or better.

To say Rafa would be Manny at 122 is a Joke! I think between 122-126 Manny would be a MONSTER...and that's a title that he carries right now at 130. Give the man a little respect bro.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum