maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez And Manny Pacqiuao

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Never underestimate Manny.

This time his feet wont itch and he wont have menstral cramps.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #47
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint
Sorry but none of those were close fights in my opinion. A close fight is JMM vs MAB......or Wright vs Taylor. Pac KO'd Solis and KO'd Larios and PAC also started out lower than 122. He just moved up in weight to get $$ fights. Its not like PAC is SO BIG that he has the physical advantage over everyone he knocks out....He has a speed and power advantage which keeps him on top. Solis IMO was a fresh undefeated fighter and young....but that wasn't a more impressive win than the 2nd MAB fight b/c no matter if you think MAB is old, worn out ect, ect, ect...he still beats the **** out of most of the current top 10. That includes guys like Joan and Valero at this stage in their careers.

damn, must've been in a rematch cause i could've sworn it went 12

****en pac fans
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #48
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
How can you say he's dominating the division when he's had close fights with former 122lbs larios, solis, and an old Barrera?

When is the last time he dominated a fresh fighter?
He toyed with Larios KD him twice and winning 10-2 aswell as being a former 122lb fighter himself and Larios being his former rival at 122. What Pacman did was no different to Castillo moving up to 147 and Corrales following him there. He KO Solis in 8 rounds, within 3 since getting ****ed off and MAB is an ATG. No one before or since has dominated MAB like Pac did. MAB is so old he had a "close" fight with JMM and just cleared UD Juarez previously and Pac nearly shut him out. Anyone else winning 10-2 would be considered domination but I guess you must really hold Manny in high regard so you expect nothing less than a KO inside 3 rounds.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #49
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
you guys think manny is bigger, stronger and better......

he went neck and neck with larios

was losing vs solis

and avoided barrera all night

What the heck? C'mon now freddy... you know better than that, don't act as if your blind just becuase pac beat your fellow mexicans.
enzo is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #50
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by domngo
I can understand why you say this **** because you're a chronic Pac hater.
Pac was never schooled in the last 10 rounds. He could be outboxed in some rounds but never schooled. Do you honestly believe Marquez won all the last 10 rounds? If he did, why did he salvage a draw not a UD?
For the exact damn reason Whitaker drew with JCC.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #51
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Black, did you see those fights (w/ Larios, Solis, & Barrera)? How could you say they were close? Pac KOd Solis. How can that be close? Larios won only one round and was knocked down 3 times? How could that be close? Barrera lost almost all the rounds? How can that be close?

Btw, Pac deliberately did not KO Larios to entertain Filipinos and for the sake of TV advertisers.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #52
kukoy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Marquez I gotta give it to him, he's got heart. But that's all he's got. He lacks confidence in himself against top opponents. Against lesser fighters, he attacks. But aginst top opponents, he waits and counter. People call that master counter-punching. I call it lack of confidence. He's always tentative throwing lots of combos against top opponents. Plus of course, I guess he doesn't feel confident on his chin receiving slaps. Look, he took a knee against a slap from Barrera.

Pac took one round to KD Marquez 3x, Marquez so-called schooled Pac the rest of the fight. But not once did Pac knees wobbled.

Watch Pac JMM match again. JMM though bloodied, did not really look hurt at all in that 1st round. He just looked shocked. All I can give him credit for is his heart. He needs confidence.

Pac TKO5 if they ever fight again.
kukoy is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #53
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukoy
Marquez I gotta give it to him, he's got heart. But that's all he's got. He lacks confidence in himself against top opponents. Against lesser fighters, he attacks. But aginst top opponents, he waits and counter. People call that master counter-punching. I call it lack of confidence. He's always tentative throwing lots of combos against top opponents. Plus of course, I guess he doesn't feel confident on his chin receiving slaps. Look, he took a knee against a slap from Barrera.

Pac took one round to KD Marquez 3x, Marquez so-called schooled Pac the rest of the fight. But not once did Pac knees wobbled.

Watch Pac JMM match again. JMM though bloodied, did not really look hurt at all in that 1st round. He just looked shocked. All I can give him credit for is his heart. He needs confidence.

Pac TKO5 if they ever fight again.

your a ****en idiot....
juan manuel marquez is the closest we're gonna get to a complete fighter right now, and all you say is that he only has heart....

get the **** outta here noob
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #54
kukoy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
your a ****en idiot....
juan manuel marquez is the closest we're gonna get to a complete fighter right now, and all you say is that he only has heart....

get the **** outta here noob
Well I see it differently than most others. I'm not you buddy. I judge for myself to what I see and not just ride on with the majority.

If I'm an idiot for you for me believing what I see, so be it. So f'ck off. I'm entitled to my own opinion.
kukoy is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #55
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukoy
Well I see it differently than most others. I'm not you buddy. I judge for myself to what I see and not just ride on with the majority.

If I'm an idiot for you for me believing what I see, so be it. So f'ck off. I'm entitled to my own opinion.
yeah your entitled to your own opinion, but if they're gonna be way off the ****en radar then take that BS somewhere else....

then what do you think about pac and barrera since one drew and one lost to this lame fighter with ONLY HEART...
Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #56
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:

You're a loser propping up the confidence of another loser, Marquez. Marquez lost that fight against Pac, didn't he? Ask the erring judge.
IT WAS A DRAW, MARQUEZ GOT ROBBED....

****, IF YOU WANNA GET TECHNICAL, MANNY SHOULD'VE HAD A POINT DEDUCTED FOR THAT ****EN BLOW AFTER MARQUEZ WAS GETTING UP....
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #57
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

freddy...Pac was totally playing around with Larios in the Philippines. Hey if you think its a moral victory for you mexican fans that Larios lasted that long, good for you.

And why aren't you calling out MAB for cheapshotting Marquez. That was a ton worse than what Pac did.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #58
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2065

Quote:

Btw, Pac deliberately did not KO Larios to entertain Filipinos and for the sake of TV advertisers.
That's bull****. If a knockout was there, he would've taken it. I wish you would get past the whole "knockout is everything" mindset. He dominated the fight, and won a UD. He didn't knock him out, and it doesn't matter! You don't need to try to justify a decision victory.
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #59
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #60
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Bro, between rds 3-12 there were some close rounds but Marquez still had PAcman in those rounds,but rounds 3,5, and 6, pacman was being taught a boxing lesson while getting sparked by the same right hand..
After the first round, how many clean punches did Pacman land?

Marquez layed out the blue print and Morales followed it against pac in the first fight.

Lets see how old and slow marquez is this saturday bro.
Cant be bothered to argue about the close rounds but watch round 10 unbiasley. Pac very clearly won that round, he even landed 18punches to JMM's 12 and JMM was countering pacs gloves. Dont know where people get the 10-2 idea from, utterly ridiculous.
dangerousity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum